Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'm sorry for your loss. I am surprised though as I thought the A5 was a very strong frame. Perhaps 27 is just too much for any racquet once broken.

Damn, son. I was thinking "If my A5 wasnt my absolute favourite racquet right now I'd sort you out". Then I see this update that you really liked it, I think it's only fair that I offer you the A3 demo I got, check your DMs!

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Any news? I have to decide for a racket without trying it, it's probably gonna be a P8, but I'm not sure whether it should be 3U or 4U, so any opinion is appreciated! If you can measure the headweight, it would be helpful as well (can be with or without string, I just want to know, your grip shouldn't make a huge difference).
    It's been a long time.... Any review? Comparison? Comparison between the P8 and an ZF II? Anything would be great!

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I bought the P8 as a toy...a new racket for fun, I knew I would’nt use it in competitions...but I’m not so shure about that anymore. I starting to really like this racket, and I coming from useing headlight rackets like Adipower duoforce and Nanoray 900 as a frontcourt doublesplayer. I’ve been use it alot in training because it’s heavier than my other rackets, for to strengthen up my handwrist and for a quicker and stronger technique. And after some time with the P8 is the conclusion that it’s a friendly extreme racket, which means it has the headheavyness massive power for the big strong hitters, but also the maneuverability and the solid good feel for the control and defensive play like myself. I’m between a grade A to Elite doublesplayer, but also playing singles for stamina and fun...so I think the P8 will be with me in some singlesmatches ahead this season.

I’ve probably tested more than 100 different rackets so I know well that my personal references with stiff headheavy rackets suits me better in 4U than 3U...more friendlier, but I can’t speak for yours you have to test that for yourself.

What is your own personal experience with HH very stiff 3U or 4U rackets?

The best comparsion I can give you is that you should try to test a ZFII before, that’s a popular racket close to P8 you should be able to test from somebody near you, then you have the best ability to make your choice between 3U or 4U

When I measure the balacepoint on my racket with strings, without basegrip, with overgrip and electrictape as basegrip, with build-up end on handle and with a sweaty towelgrip will give you 278mm, so that will not help you, racketspecs is so much more than just numbers.

speCulatius likes this.
  4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Another update. Abused another ebay discount deal and 2 A5 are on its way as well as a reel of P68. (damn you dinkalot).

Tried playing a session with the 7000B but went back to the A5 halfway in. Surprisingly the power output is about the same, but I feel the A5 offers more speed. The extra speed means it's easier to extract power in more situations, but I'm wondering if I need to put multiple sessions in with the 7000B to make it shine again.

Reiterating points other people have made. This does remind me of my old JS10 (3U). Hits surprising hard for its balance/weight, what made me give up the JS10 was the mishits. For whatever reason the A5 racket seems to respond well to mishits, no massive vibration or massive drop in power.

Feel seems to be lacking when serving. Although oddly feels completely fine during play. The serve feeling might be explained by the drop to 4U, but during play it might be compensated by the stiffer racket.

If you haven't guessed already, this will is now my mains. These are amazing value for money even before the discounts. All that's left to see how this racket responds in a high pressure match or when I'm having a off day.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Khamenman likes this.
  5. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Engineer
    My local shop just lent me A5 to be tested. My next session will be tomorrow evening, can't wait to see how does it feel :rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Engineer
    My 1st session was last Wednesday and I didn't like it at all, everything seemed wrong. I thought I would give it 1 more chance, so today I tested it for more or less 2 hours. It feels so different than the previous playtest :confused:
    I like it so much better during today session! I get some power, although not like head-heavy racket, which is fine for me as I am looking for a HH racket. Speed is average, fast enough, but not as fast as my JS12 or NF800, but what I like is the feeling during the contact with the shuttle. It feels solid, not too much vibration, but at the same time also does not feel numb like most Yonex/ArcSaber series. So basically it does not have anything special, just a very nice allround racket, which is exactly what I am looking for.

After that, I went back to my local shop and bought the racket :D:D

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    On the strength of the Kalkul series I took a punt on a Spieler racquet with the aim of using this as a stringing demo/potential sales to kids needing a cheap starter racquet (usual budget £30). Ended up going for the slightly dearer one at £38 ish. Review to follow in a couple of weeks, probably comparing it to the A2 as the £25 model didn't inspire me to try it.

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I just received the new 2020 Adidas Badminton catalogue and wanted to share it with you. I didn't get the chance to really look at it yet, but they finally have not information/marketing and a nice touch is putting the racket matrix on a court.
    PSX_20191018_120113.jpg