Adidas badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ieim_17, Jan 23, 2011.

1. khoai

khoai Regular Member

2. seagame2001

seagame2001 Regular Member

CNC
    Look great but I would break the bank to buy this shoe

3. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Sign up for the newsletter and you'll get 15% off. They don't ship internationally though.

4. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

Do you think the design and colours of the new QF 7.1 is that nice? I think the Yonex SHB-02 Ltd in bright red look similar but much nicer !

5. soyasama

soyasama New Member

What do you guys think about the Adidas Stabil Boost? I've been looking for Yonex Aerus but Adidas seems to be better priced and overall better design.

6. jazzhands

jazzhands Regular Member

I just played my first day in the Stabil Boost. They are marketed as handball shoes on the box. My current shoes are the Yonex 102LTD and have never played badminton in anything other than badminton specific shoes (until now).

I am a huge fan of the adidas boost material - this was the main reason I decided to try the Stabil Boost. I personally like it the most out of any cushioning system out there (like Nike Lunaron/Zoom or the Asics Gel). I use boost shoes for casual wear/running as well as golf. The first thing I noticed about the Stabil Boost is that I could not feel the boost material very well compared to my other boost shoes, especially in the forefoot - where it was essentially unnoticeable. However, I think the cushioning is a little better on the Stabil Boost compared to the 102LTD. There simply was not the huge upgrade I thought I would be getting.

The other main difference I noticed is that the outsole is not designed specifically for badminton - especially when lunging. I felt more connected to the ground in the Yonex. I drag my left foot a little when lunging, and could feel a transition when the outsole was not gripping the floor anymore and the midsole was making contact, losing some traction. On the Yonex shoes, the outsole wraps around the mid sole while on the Adidas, there is a clear outsole - midsole - upper layer. Furthermore, the rubber on the outsole of the Adidas feels a tad harder and less grippy than the Yonex outsole.

Overall, I think the Stabil Boost is very comparable to my Yonex 102LTD. I would rate them similar in terms of weight, heel stability, and upper material (yonex is a little softer in the toebox). While I prefer the cushioning setup in the Stabil Boost, I am not sure if the different (less badminton specific) outsole design is a worthwhile tradeoff.