Adidas kalkul grip - bulk buy?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by DuckFeet, Oct 2, 2019.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I can only find these grips in 3 packs, at £6, then postage on top. Works out more expensive than overgrips. Has anyone found these available in bulk? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

In Europe, Adidas only offers the Spieler Overgrip in a package of 24 pieces, but that for an RRP of 55€ which is only very very slightly cheaper than the 8*7€ you'd pay (RRP) for 3packs. I don't know why they do it this way.

I'd be interested in reviews/comparisons of the different Adidas Overgrips if you have tried one or more already...

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Thank you for your info

I've only tried the A5 kalkul overgrip. I didnt even try the stock basegrip, althought I'll try that on the next purchase. As someone who cannot use a tacky overgrip due to being sweaty, I was very surprised to how well these coped. I could do a session rotating between 2 racquets. They stretched very thinly compared to my ususal RKEP G08, even once that was well worn and therefore thinner. I defintely did not expect to be buying tacky grips for myself. However, these were very nice. I may be biased, I've not tried that many tacky overgrips, so no yonex/li ning comparisson. When I change grips I'll comapre them directly.
    So I went ahead with an order of 3 packs of three, at £6 each. Plus £4 shipping.
    Plus £8 for a set of A68 to try.
    Plus £25 for a spieler racquet for my daughter/general demo/testing the water for a coach to recommend it for a starter racquet.

speCulatius likes this.
  4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

That's interesting. I don't like tacky overgrips either, Li Ning overgrips get really slippery in my hands. I thought about but trying these, but you made me change my mind. The Spieler overgrips are supposed to be absorbent, so I might give them a try as well.

I want to hear your opinion on the Adidas strings. I got the Spieler E68 for testing and in direct comparison, I prefer it over NBG99, but they perform similarly. Overall, I prefer harder feeling strings though. Kalkül A68 and Wucht P68 are on my list.

I have tried the Spieler A09.1 and it's certainly more than just a beginner's racket. I mean, beginners cannot go wrong with it, but even some quite advanced players like it, one of them wanted to buy it before he knew the price. The price put another big smile on his face.

Compared to that, the Overgrips just seem overpriced at around 2€/piece (or 2£).