advance lessons

Discussion in 'ClearOne Badminton Centre' started by K-MusclePower, Apr 25, 2006.

1. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

assesments take only a couple of minutes, the coach would most likely rally with you to see how proper your stroke is, reaction time, footwook, etc...all in all..no more than 10-15 minutes...from the way you describe your skills...you'd most likely be in the advanced group..but it also depends on how consistant your shots are too.

2. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I see, guess you need badminton shoes lol!!! I don't have those yet..I'll probably get an assestment after I don't mishit the birdie too much. LOL Still working on my new racquet =)

3. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    It's funny how the teens adv. is different now for the 2007 year...check out the site cleartwobadminton.com...before teens adv. was once a week for about 100 dollars now it's twice a week for 200 dollars?? soo the lowest level is beginner, intermdiate, ?? then what? because I was thinking they might have checked adv. to a higher level then those elite ones?? can anyone help me out? Oh yeah btw congrats!!! adv.!!

4. v1nc3nt

v1nc3nt Regular Member

the levels should be: Beginner, Intermediate, Advance, High Performance, Elitle, Super Elite...You have to be personally approved by a coach before you are allowed to join High Perf and higher.

5. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    I see c2 even changed the adv. it's even more expensive now. But you get double the classes.

6. naslund119

naslund119 Regular Member

Student
    I think ill go to a couple drop ins before I sign up for lessons because I think im pretty good but I don't want to be embaresed if it turns out that I suck.
    By your guys descriptions I think I can make High-perf.

Azn are you taking lessons yet and if so what level?

And do you need Badminton shoes?

#26 naslund119, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  7. remix441

remix441 Regular Member

Student
    hey u guys think training classes are effective? Most of time it is a group of 4-5 and the coaches usually tell us to do like lift drop, and practice. But isnt that a waste of money as you can just get a partner that is dedicated and you can practice with him for free, instead of wasting money for the same thing.

8. naslund119

naslund119 Regular Member

Student
    I don't think so because the coaches give realy good consturctive critisizim (spelling on that word lol?) and they help you refine your game.
    If you just practice with a friend then sure you will be getting in practice but you may be learning the wrong aspects of the game ex: your swing might be off and you will get so used to it with your friend that you won't be able to change it. And for under 17 bucks a session I don't think it's all that expensive (just get your parents to pay for it ;))

9. PrinceOfBMT

PrinceOfBMT Regular Member

Umpire
    No, training groups are diff

There will be more than one coach who will help you during training to change and fix your bad habits, at the same time you will be introduced to various diff drills each time you train.

You will be training in an environment where everybody is training with you plus you will be playing against more variety of players than just your own partner. If you always play against the same person you will never learn anything, hence the training group will be a good choice of training.

Lastly,the training groups in Cleartwo are NOT 4-5 ppl and being told to simply lift and drop ~

Is never a waste of money, practice is what you make of it, you try = is good training, you don't try = waste of money ,u decide

10. PrinceOfBMT

PrinceOfBMT Regular Member

Umpire
    Go for assessment to see what level

And yes badminton shoes are recommended