AG2006 - Dec 9 - Individual Events Finals.

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by anfan2000, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    I think this could very well be the case considering Taufik's status as the son in law of head of ISC(INA sports council) and the 'unexplained' handshake and friendly approach from Taufik to LYB.

The little argument from LYB and LD at the end of the match could be that LD almost screwed the LYB's agreement eventhough LD dying for the GOLD and didn't have the heart to throw important match like that. :crying: :crying:

However, if this is really happening, the idea could very well came from Agum himself and TH was just the mediator, he is in the final and there's only 1 more step for a GOLD. As Agum is retiring, AG gold medals must be significant to him personally and for the sake of his reputation. A few grands for a gold is nothing much to him, I believe :mad: :mad:

Just an opinion, what do u guys think?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, i think u r onto something, the prize might be even bigger than just money;) TH did publicly say that he would like to win a gold for his father in law. Second, it is highly unusual for TH to walk over to the china bench to shake their hands given what feeling he has of LD and LYB, unless he want to show the INA politicans of his mediating skills:D

shouldn't u be studying instead of reading BF?:p

#542 cooler, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  3. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    U so damn right :D :D !

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Match fixing in the MS Final??..

...hmm, and if i recall, there was a report(as mentioned in this sub-forum, but forgot exactly where, maybe from ants' report) that following the match, LinDan refused to do a Media Press conference. Leaving Taufik to do all the press conference all by himself and at the same time, when asked by reporters, prompted Taufik to say, "Yeah, ask him why he doesn't want to come"...hmm:rolleyes: ;)

But funny thing is, when the camera was panning in the area of XXF and LDS a few times, i saw 2 different body demeanors. One, XXF of interest and seemed to be engrossed in the actions and two, whilst LDS more in a "hmm, something doesn't seem right in this match" demeanor; with a 'thoughtful' look w/ his hand on his cheek..:rolleyes:

#544 ctjcad, Dec 10, 2006
  5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Not by memory lah! I've been recording selected top MS & MD players' head-to-head results since 1996 while the Internet were still new to most of us and certainly no IBF website as our reference. Here are what I have in my database (perhaps incomplete),

lost to Soon Kit/Tan Fook twice
    - Korea Open '99 (11-15, 13-15)
    - Chinese Taipei Open '99 (one week after Korea Open!) (16-17, 6-15)

lost to Tan Fook/Wan Wah
    - Konica Cup '99 (7-15, 15-14, 12-15)

lost to Jens/Jesper
    - Thomas Cup '00 final stage (at semi-final) (15-8, 15-17, 16-17)

lost to Tae Kwon/Dong Moon thrice
    - Japan Open '99 (15-17, 15-3, 11-15)
    - World Championships '99 (15-12, 7-15, 10-15)
    - All England '00 (12-15, 5-15)

lost to Dong Soo/Yung Sung twice
    - All England '98 (10-15, 10-15)
    - Korea Open (7-15, 15-8, 14-17)

lost to Ricky/Rexy
    - Indonesia Open '99 (12-15, 8-15)

#545 Inky2000, Dec 10, 2006
  6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Finally, INA add GOLD from bdm! Most attention I guess from the finale was MAS's youngster MD,hmmm beat 4 top-pairs in a row (1 KOR-1 CHN and 2 INA), Rexy must be proud of this -- double success as former top-MD and coach, vice versa irony for PBSI!

Congratz for all GOLD Medalist -- CHN(2) ; MAS(1) ; HKG(1) and last but not least our bad-boy, you're very smart to win in the right time!