AG2006 Team Events - Dec 4, 06 (Semifinal)

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by DoublesPlayer, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    he was gonna cry :eek: like this :crying: :D just joking :p must see this match :p just joking again :eek: :)

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

So quiet here today. SF team matcehes involving Malaysia , China and Indonesia usually draws a lot of BC members. But not today, only 9 pages or so. :)

Tomorrow probably will be more quiet?

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    LWF/Fairuz is still a young pair, I think they will make big impact in Malaysia future badminton. I am not so sure about KKK/TBH as both are very unstable and inconsistent, I think putting one of them with Chan Chong Ming makes sense until they are more mature. KKK/CCM would have better chance to win in Asian Games and what a screw up to split them and put in a scratch pair. Anyway, we can only hope for the best and continue to support our fellow Malaysians.
    As for why Lee Chong Wei lost, who knows? Pressure too much being world #1 and lost in WC is understandable and now still lost being world #2 and supposedly less pressure as BAM has lower its medal target ... Lets hope LCW do well in Individual event and hope Mew Choo can deliver us the surprise.

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    just opposite. It was so crowded here that the server had to crash :rolleyes:

5. Baderz_Jas

then it says the site is not working (something like that :eek: ) :p

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    right, the server was down for quite a long time. I just bought a dedicated server, maybe I can host a similar forum for you guys to use when it's down here... or we can include this server into our web farm

7. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Malaysia coaches probably be wiser if they change KKK/CCM pair into KKK/TBH after ASian Games over.

8. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

LCW after playing really well first half year of 2006 and started to slipping down then. It very hard to continue playing well at each tournament specially in team event.

Reaching lots of QF or SF its not bad at all but its not as good as his previous results winning titles or at least runner up.

9. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    Yep, the BC server was down for a while, that's why my posts showed up funny ...

INA had a chance to upset CHN, but probably the stamina was their biggest problem right now. I'm not sure if they can come back and do better in the individual events.

I'm surprised that MAS lost quite easily to KOR, I thought they should have won ... Rexy must be upset that both of the MD pairs lost ...

CHN will win Gold tomorrow for sure, it could be a sweep 3 - 0.

10. Baderz_Jas

I agree but he did reach the final in HK Open which was in August :p hehe :D

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic - Hmm, interesting..

...i know kwun has been facing this "struggle" for the last yr or so..i think even with a "beefed" up server, i'm afraid it will still lag.. i myself decided to just logged in BC/BF right after the INA vs CHN tie, as i knew the BC/BF server will be so slow..and it turned out to be true..:p

Anyways, abt the idea above, it sounds interesting..although i'm not sure how will the logistics be played out or if kwun is interested in venturing that idea..:rolleyes: ;)

#171 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Some comments on the Semis..

just some comments & queries from me:

-..well, after browsing thru this thread, all i can say is HOPEFULLY whatever tv broadcast contract BWF and another co. signed a few months ago will TRULY come to fruition next yr..Reading this thread, nearly 1/2 of the posts consist of basically people asking for live-web cast...The demand is there, literally wordwide, but it's just disappointing if we can't capture it..:p :(

- ..I wonder if there will be a 3rd place match for both Mens' and Women's..:confused:

- ..Well, i hate to say it, but i believe it's pretty much over for the MD pair of Luluk/Alvent..They've provided the INA squad of some terrific yrs, but i think it's time to call it a career(as a pair)...:p :(

- ..The Men's event Final will feature the defending champ vs. the current powerhouse...what more can one ask for??..:cool:

- ..I know the competition is not over, but I wonder where will the next Asian Games be held?? Will it be in M'sia next time??..:confused:

#172 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  13. DoublesPlayer

Engineer
    ctjcad,

I'm trying to answer your questions:
    - There will be no 3rd place match, at least it's not on the schedule.
    - Agree, Luluk is done, he's the problem, Alvent will play with other player, don't know who.
    - Next Asian Games will be in Guangzhou, CHN.

14. bzhang1108

bzhang1108 Regular Member

Malaysian Team

First of all, No offense to any Malaysian fans. But I really think Malaysian players are mentally too weak. I reached this conclusion after seeing the malaysian team's performance in the numerous tournaments in the past couple of years. They always failed to deliver at big times. Technicalwise, I think Malaysian players are at least as good (if not better than) as China/Korean players. They just lack the mental toughness to fight to death at the critical stage of the match. Chinese and Korean player are really good at this. Badminton (actually all the sports events) at the level these players compete is not just about technique, phisical fitness. It is more about strong mind and determination to fight to death while keeping calm and focused. I wonder if this has something to do with the culture. In chinese culture, people are taught that they should make whatever sacrifice, endure any hardship to realize their life goals. For the players, the life goal is to be the winners in all matches. Korean has a similar culture as China. Korean players are actually famous for their fighting spirits in all sports events. I do not know anything about Malaysian culture, but what I have witnessed so far really makes me think the highest priorty for Malaysian badminton team is to help its players to be mentally tough...

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Thanks for the reply..

DoublesPlayer, thanks for replying to my queries..:cool:
    ..should've seen it coming few months ago.:( :p ..anyways, me think PBSI has been generous...and now maybe it's time for Luluk to come to the states and join the rest of the Pelatnas fraternity(ie. Angie, Mona, Tony, Halim, Chandra)..hehe:p :D ;):cool:
    ..i shudder..:p .but the next AG will be held in 2009 instead of 2008, correct?? since there will already be the reg. Olympics in the same yr..wow, back-to-back yrs for an Olympic-style event in CHN..;)

16. DoublesPlayer

Engineer
    I thought the next AG will be in 2010? I may be wrong.

Yeah, poor Luluk, I watched the doubles game in the group qualification, Luluk was just too nervous and made all the mistakes, Alvent was so upset at him. I'm not sure why he could drop that badly suddently.

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    You're right about the mental toughness of Malaysian players which is not as strong as Chinese and Korea. That's only part of the problems. The main problem is still accountability, most of the time players/coaches are not held accountable if fail to deliver. Yes, there's pressure and hot debate when things fail but the same players/coaches still around after that setting new goals which hardly achieve. You think Li Yungbo will still be around if Team China perform as poor as Malaysia during the past few years or the same players still be playing? No way!
    Having say that, Malaysia doesn't have that big pool of talents compare to China so we can't just "axe" here and there and ended up no player left :)
    Solution? None, so the Malaysian tradition continues, good enough to be in class A but not good enough to win(still not bad if you think the glass is half full):D

18. derict

derict Regular Member

I believe this is really partly due to the culture, I can feel it as I am a malaysian too.

19. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Yup...you all are right.....the mental of mas players are really weak compared to the other countries players especially korea..We can see from yesterday matches cleary, korea and mas skills are equally but the different is with the mental toughest...A player with good skills but weak mental is not counted a excellent player..So,Mas team have to think of some solution to solve this problem..If not,don't blame me to say Mas would never have a chance to take gold medal..

20. twdc08

twdc08 Regular Member

student
    omg...bronze again....very disappointed with team malaysia`s performance yesterday...especially tazari/lin were holding 2 match points in second set,nevertheless they lost to korean 20-22....