Ajay Jayaram अजय जयराम्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by skchen, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    From Ajay Jayaram's Facebook page - February 21, 2014

"Hello everyone .. Been a while since I've posted .. I had been struggling with my shoulder since December. An MRI scan revealed a tear in the labrum. Unfortunately the only solution to this was a surgery which I underwent a couple of weeks ago. This means I will be out of competitive action for the next few months. Definitely a setback as I will be missing out on important tournaments. But I guess this is a part of an athlete's life and will therefore accept the challenge and continue to remain positive. Will use this break as an opportunity to spend some quality time at home with my parents and probably engage myself in things I normally wouldn't. A big thanks to all of you and I'm sure with your support and wishes I'll be back in action soon. Cheers !!!"

He will play at the Indonesia and Australia SS events next month.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Poor guy. Hope Tom John wasn't pushing him too hard to cause that injury. All the best to Ajay

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    For more than 9 months, Ajay has been dealing with an injury that would not allow him to play his natural, attacking game to full effect. During this period, he had to stay away to complete his rehab, and when he did play, he made no impact. He quickly fell off from his ranking of 21 in January 2014.

Last week at the Dutch Open GP at Almere, Ajay Jayaram, now ranked 66, participated, was seeded 13, and arrived without a coach. He reached the finals. In the quarter finals, he rebounded after being 2 games down to #3 seed Hayom Rumbaka. He had his colleague Arvind Bhat helping out in the coaches chair. In the semis, he deposed of #1 seed Rajiv Ouseph in straight games.

And in the finals, he showed great heart in winning a see-saw 5-game thriller that almost went to sudden death, against the young, promising Indonesian newcomer Ihsan Maulana Mustofa.

I think this is Ajay Jayaram's first ever title on the international stage, certainly his first outside India. It's been a long time coming, and I'm sure it tastes sweet. Congratulations!

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  5. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

He's into his first Super Series final tomorrow, which happens to be his 28th birthday!

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Hope he gets a birthday present.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

“Definitely excited to be in my first Super Series final. I’m positive & confident!" - [MENTION=86435]ajay_289[/MENTION] looks ahead to a historic moment tomorrow!"

-in his twitter account.

8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Heard Gill say that as well, but as far as I know it is the 20th tomorrow and his birthday is 28th September which is 9 days away. Anyhow well done to Ajay for getting to the final, hope it can boost his confidence and afford him a haircut :D

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Are you kidding?! I want his hair even bigger!! afro2.jpg

10. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    I remember he only got to quarter finals at the Canada Open losing to Marc Zwiebler, but he played extremely well! Good luck to him tomorrow!

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Is he still at Tom Johns or at Tata Padukone??

12. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

bahaha I think chen long may think twice about beating this man.

13. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    article-2350304-1A6279C0000005DC-170_306x423.jpg

jayaram_pti_m.jpg

I think this is a pretty good match =p. John McEnroe is the first person I thought of when I saw his hair this tournament.

It's not the greatest angle that shows Ajay's hair, but take a look later.

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Tom John but he does goto Padukone academy since the national camp is there.

15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Ajay Jayaram's best performance was the China Masters Semifinal in 2012. Since then he has had injuries and mental blocks. The odds are heavily against him. Chen Long is the master of slow conditions and the overwhelming favourite. Ajay is chasing a dream and a historic medal awaits, silver or gold. Is the bridge too long?

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    thanks....

17. Baddyforall

Ajay tweeted about his final performance:

"Silver it is ! A little disappointed that I wasn't able to go all the way. I did try hard but I guess chen long was just too good for me today. I do feel I could have done better but it still has been a great week for me. It feels wonderful to have so many wishes and words of encouragement coming my way. Means a lot. A big thanks to each and everyone. I hope to get fitter and come back stronger for future tournaments. Cheers !!"

18. Baddyforall

Badminton Association of India Mulling to Recommend Ajay Jayaram for TOP Scheme

http://sports.ndtv.com/badminton/ne...ling-to-recommend-ajay-jayaram-for-top-scheme

EXCERPTS:

"It was a commendable performance by Jayaram. We have asked the technical committee to compile his profile and we are planning to recommend his name for TOP scheme," BAI president Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta said.

Among the Indian men's singles players, Kidambi Srikanth, Parupalli Kashyap and HS Prannoy are leading the rankings at fifth, eight and 16th respectively. However, the race to Rio Olympics qualification is still open with May 5, 2016 being the cut off date.

Six shuttlers -- London Olympics bronze-medallist Saina Nehwal, P V Sindhu, Kashyap, Srikanth, RMV Gurusai Dutt and Prannoy -- were the first to be included in the TOP scheme in April this year.

Recently, Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa was also included in the scheme by the Sports Ministry after much dilly-dallying.

Men's doubles pair of Sumeeth Reddy and Manu Atri, ranked 19th in the world, have also been included in the scheme.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I personally believe there are many others who deserves more than RMV for say BSP and now AJ... Gurusaidutt hasn't shown any improvements for a while now and he also has somehow got the trainings from PK to choke in close encounters as well as he gets tired when the match reaches full distance..no offense but just a recommendation

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Missing you buddies!!
    Seems to be busy this year