Alberta high school players

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by compositefreak, Mar 18, 2005.

1. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    i think the courts there arnt to bad...they have 2 gyms that you would play in. I went last year for intermediate doubles and well personally i think the roof was/is a bit to low for my liking since during warmup doing clears i would always hit the roof...the courts there are not to bad i mean its not professional so they do have the other lines on them...i remember that the grip wasnt the best though when i was playing there last time...wow im really picky about what i play on haha but overall its not a bad place. well thats just what i think anyways...might have changed for this year a bit i dont realy know.

2. Michael-Lam

Michael-Lam Regular Member

Student / Badminton Coach
    i hate the lights there its retarded!

3. smash_master

player/coach/student
    the lights are retarded at most places with the exception of the clubs...almost all the schools will have the lights right over the courts so when you look up it just blinds you and you lose the shuttle which totally sucks.

4. Michael-Lam

crescent has nice lights you jerk!

5. Jessy-Bounket

Jessy-Bounket Regular Member

hahaha they might have nice lights but the basketball nets are in the way of 4 different courts. i like my school for badminton

michael, you played jr doubles last year right? you played against my bro and beat him =p. im pretty sure i've seen you before

6. smash_master

player/coach/student
    Calm down mike i did say most schools there are always the good ones that dont have lights right above the courts unfortunatly i havnt played at all the highschools in calgary so i wouldnt know which ones are good for lights and which arnt.

How is westerns badminton courts though? i havnt played there yet and am curious about that.

7. Michael-Lam

western courts are okay.. the lgihts are fine as long as you play with yellow shuttles, and hey jessy whos your brother? and yeah i did play jr doubles =)

8. Jessy-Bounket

my brother is stefan, he played with some white guy and did really bad in the tourny. Are you playing tier 2 again? or did they force you to go tier 1
    im the guy that takes the 48 home lol, everytime i see you, you look back and walk faster, it seems ahha

9. Michael-Lam

OHHHH yeah i played him before i don't know what you look like

10. AT_700

AT_700 Regular Member

Uhm some of my friends are in Junior Div 1, they're from churchill and Abe... my friend at churchill got cocky against fowler and cresent and lost but beat western and came in second at div's, he gets cocky too easily haha :p he should do good in cities and advance into zones...and my friend from abe plays doubles and will be playing tomorrow :p

I'm in a school with a jr high and sr high, and our sr high plays div 2, and they did good in jr, inter, and sr...at least for singles ^^

11. bcoopa

bcoopa Regular Member

Student
    Is that churchhill you are talking about in Calgary, or Lethbridge. I'm guessing it's Calgary, but I'm checking because I know people on the Lethbridge Churchhill team in Juniors

12. Jessy-Bounket

omg i was that fowler team at the dual meet, the one churchill team took the good side of the court and my side was right by the bleachers so i didnt smash, didnt want to hit my racquet

and then they got so cocky and we beat the other churchill team, me and my partner got so mad at them. We were gonna play them again but they left =p
    me and my bro stayed until about 7 or when ever it ended

13. AT_700

AT_700 Regular Member

Haha yeah its in Calgary, and I kinda know the doubles people on churchill junior, but I'm good friends with the singles guy, although he got cocky and lost a couple, he came in second ^^ And my other friend from abe got tied for doubles in junior today, churchill and western beat him haha well overall they did well, my years of Senior high are coming up, but I'll have to wait a couple more years, for now, I have to play crappy tournaments with 11 points X.x but at least I have BA ;)

14. Jessy-Bounket

omg we did bad at that tourny, our last game was 3-2. i swear, my serve hit the line and he called it out, it woulda put us in the cities so we can get owned later on =p and we did pretty good against western, i think it was 3-1

15. Michael-Lam

did you make cities?

16. Jessy-Bounket

me? we got fifth place... T-T, ima get a new partner next year maybe. When my partner messed up, he would get mad and do worse.

17. AT_700

AT_700 Regular Member

Haha don't worry about it, Div 1 is stacked with all the pro's ;)

18. Jessy-Bounket

lol i bet it is, but it would still be nice to make it to cities... my friend in singles went to cities =p he got second place in his tourny

19. Michael-Lam

not at all, all the good people have to play a level which school are you from?

20. AT_700

AT_700 Regular Member

Nah lol all the good people are sometimes Ex-Alberta players but not anymoer so they don't have to play A level... and Steven Keating is like coaching the kids at Churchill, and Steven Keating is third in alberta for U19 ;) so Churchill has it nice.

Uhmmmm I'm not in high school yet acually ;) although I do play some alberta tournaments, I'm only in gr.8 though haha