All England 2006 Semi-Final Line Ups

Discussion in 'All England 2006' started by KourKK, Jan 20, 2006.

1. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

According to the all england website, Lin Dan won, the score for the last set was
    Lin Dan 17:14 LCW. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    hmm... seems the crash came at a funny time.. how did all the bfers cope without bf for 8 hours!!!!

congrats to both dan and lee for a fantastic semi final.. whether the other lee can capitalise on the damage that lee did in semi i don't know, but the way lee tore gade apart shows something special in my eyes.. dan could be in for a big fall tomorrow if he's not full concentrating

3. eskey

eskey Regular Member

what a remarkable comeback from the 2 players, but again LD has the last laugh in the end, and i think it's very hard for LCW this time, because he was up 13-6 before it just slipping away, it started with the "bad" call that he was not happy with, then from then on he was just lost at concentration and let LD came back into the game and even take the match. I am not sure how it affect LCW mental for this time, i worry that it will become a mental block for him everytime he meet LD, like Peter Gade having such a hard time against LD. Hopefully not.

Did you noticed? at the end of the match, LCW was seems very reluctant to shake hand with LD, it's like half-hearted.

4. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

ooops, overslept...cannot add oil for zhong guo dui. but seems like lin dan didn't need me:) jia you!

as a singaporean, i say...beat the malaysians! just kidding...:D

5. block306

block306 Regular Member

I cannot read the last page of this thread?? :crying:

6. xavier felipe

xavier felipe Regular Member

Tutu

Is there any Malaysian player who is a Hakka?
    From the name, i guess Chong Tan Fook, Wong Choong Hann or Ng Mee Fen are Hakka?
    Correct me if I'm wrong

Thx

7. xavier felipe

xavier felipe Regular Member

I wonder if Lin Dan is Fujian Hakka?
    He was born in Shanghang, Fujian province which is a Hakka county in Fujian.

Is is true, as i can see in Hakkaonline.com, they ever mentioned that Lin Dan is a Hakka.

Hakka culture and language are different with Fujian.

Rgds

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No doubt this must have been the best match that LCW played against Lin and he could have wrapped it up in the decider and give himself an AE Final appearance and possibly winning the coveted crown against Lee Hyun Il, who completely devasted Peter Gade in the other semifinal during the third game.

There were two occasions when LCW could have ended and won the third game and match if he had employed his now famous smash, but he chose to obediently execute a drop to Lin's forehand instead. Lin was so used to this LCW tactic that he once stood without moving back to base to hammer down the drop shot. Obedient, because probably during the 5-min break coach Li Mao must have reminded him to keep the shuttle low, don't lift to even Lin's backhand for Lin can do a winning round the head smash to LCW's backhand, which Lin had displayed so often during the entire three games.

But Lin is fast with his left-handed forehand and had so often predicted LCW's move, therefore the slower drop shot was never really a problem to him. Instead he turned from defence to attack and blunted all of LCW's building-up efforts. Being overly cautious and not attacking hard in this instance has resulted in LCW paying the high price. Of course, by then both players were really tired and the rallies were very much slower in the rubber game. But Lin took his chance well and continued with his trade-mark attack at every opportunity. With this strategy, he deserved to win.

What a waste! LCW could have succeeded Hafiz as the next Malaysian to win the AE after such a long while! But now he has to wait another year and I hope he has learned from this encounter and be a more confident player. ;)

9. Wai Shing

Wai Shing Regular Member

Student
    Guys who missed it the first time around...GDTV is playing semis highlights now... Lin vs LCW 3rd game is on now

#629 Wai Shing, Jan 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  10. jeyel

jeyel Regular Member

LCW just ran out of steam, and could not kill the shuttle towards the end. Lin Dan on the other hand was amazing and returned a lot of tough shots.

BTW-how come Taufik did not play in the AE? And did Xia XUanze play?

11. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

A bitter lesson

What a night for lcw?He pulled back a first set deficit and was leading lindan 13--6 and had to lose 17-14.At 13-6,lin dan's facial gesture was of a beaten man,clinging on for life.A line call which lcw wasn't too happy about changes everything.A quick three points were given away to lin dan.This i think was the turning point of the game which lcw should have wrapped it up.Anyway life goes on.Lcw should be very proud of himself for having beaten chen hong in the quarters.I wish him all the best and may this defeat become a learning experience.I am sure you have shown the world that you are a TRUE FIGHTER and your day will come soon.

12. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

To line call, Lee did in SF the same thing as Chen in QF.....

13. block306

block306 Regular Member

I totally agree with Loh's analysis. LCW could have wrapped up the match if he smashed in a couple of ocassions. I could remember at least twice when LD was sprawling on the floor, instaed of smashing an overhead shot, he chose to drop it and LD managed to retrieve them.
    It must have been hard for LCW. This is the 2nd time (2004 S'pore OPen against Jonassen) where he is seemingly cruising towards victory, but blown it. Anyway kudos to him.
    Incidentally is it "legal" for coaches to be coaching from the sidelines during matches? Rexy (MD), Wong Tat Meng and Li Mao were shouting instructions continuously to the M'sian players during the matches.

14. Kenji

Kenji Regular Member

hmm...i think the main problem is that chong wei wont make use of his oppurtunities...dunno why...he had a lot of chances of executing a NICE attact but he din...

15. wu ming

wu ming New Member

Well said cheng. You are probably one of the few positive malaysian fans in this forum:rolleyes: Also i notice that LCW did not have his usual powerful stinging smash like the match point in his quarterfinal match with CH. Physically he is not at his best, thanks to CH. Anyway, LHI looks much fresher compared to the rest of the semi-finalists. Jia you lee and lin:)

16. cxytdn

cxytdn Regular Member

LIN Dan:confused: : What's matter? :D

Attached Files:

17. Kenji

Kenji Regular Member

lol

hehehe...nice pic :D

18. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Its very hard to come out with "excuses" if one is leading so much but can not win unless the standard is far away and the huge lead was lucky. Zakry/Gan's first game was the few most unbelievable lost having leading the Danes 14-5 but lost the match 14-17. Gosh, what was in their mind? Dont know what Rexy said to them after the match. Anyway hope CTF/LWW can do a revenge tonight.

19. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    I think he is not confident with his smash as a few of his smashes landed in the net.

20. kemana

kemana Regular Member

noticed that too, he was very conservitive during the later part of the 3rd set, maybe he had his reason:)