ALL ENGLAND 2008: Day 6 - Mar 9 - FINAL

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by badMania, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Thats bias.............as usual.......

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    To protect his Ranking Bao Should Be Fine. In AE07 Bao Reached Semi, so He matched this this Year, and in SO He Didn't do so well, so as long as he reached QF or Better, BCL should have improve on Last years performances.

CJ Had to Reach SF to Match Last Years AE Performance, and Win SO to match this.

Besides some people believe the conspiracy WO theories and others don't plaease accept this.

3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    be careful...he would say that you are bias....:D:D:D.this guy popping up and just attack everybody since he joined at day 1....

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Chen Jin was in form when playing against LCW, and beat him fair square.

On the other hand, Chen Jin in form or not, was not enough to beat Lin Dan in the final... This is my opinion, and here is why:

Okay... I think almost everyone know that I am a big fan of Lin Dan, Chen Jin, and Peter Gade(in the MS department), and I have got to say that after I watch the entire match more than once, there are more than several spots that completely showed that Lin Dan(hurt or not) gave away points to Chen Jin and made sure he won that match.

Just 1 quick example(2nd set at LD23-22CJ), Lin Dan all of a sudden would start hopping like a cripple when moving back while the entire match he had not done so(even at some point of the match after a last second huge launch that barely gets to the shuttle, which should put the most pressure on an injured knee), then he slowly move to back to base, and watch CJ's smash without any intention to try to save it whatsoever, to ensure he didn't win the set.

Let's not kid ourselves. Lin Dan basically read Chen Jin like a book, and as soon as Lin Dan put some effort into winning a point, he did it(at least 80% of the time).

The whole match was like Lin Dan trying to help Chen Jin develop that needed ingredient for a powerful attack, and help him to understand how to make better shot selection.

Hurt or not, Lin Dan could have beaten Chen Jin fair square if the situation allowed him.

However, another way to look at this may be:

1. The actual MS final was the match between Chen Jin and Lee Chong Wei.

2. The winner of that match(Chen Jin) received an additional gift which was an exhibition match with the defending champion(Lin Dan) the next day to show case their skill to the audience.:D

#1024 bananakid, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Very good......... we could see easily that if LD wanted to win, he would finish CJ comfortably....
    You should see BCL vs CY as well....it is too obvious....

6. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Hey, there is a difference between a realistic fan and a biased fan, you know.
    I can not be blind sided due to my own personal preference. As much as I like to say that the match was not fixed, but unless they improved on the "acting", it is hard for me to be biased.:p

Until badminton becomes an individual based sport, these things will never stop.:crying:

Not China's fault, that they are "GIVEN" these opportunities by BWF and all the other badminton players(for being not good enough to stop them).:rolleyes:

7. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Thats correct.!!....as long as individual player could not register by themselves ( like tennis) and still depends on their federation to register them.....it is hard to see badminton for being an individual sport....:(:(

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Based on current form, I have got to say Lin Dan will be the clear favorite of winning the Swiss open if he is injury-free.

Lin Dan is so all-around right now, that it is scary.

In the AE final, he showcased how dominant he could be in offensive, and how solid his defense could be as well. His reading of the game was just unreal.

Lin Dan's QF match against Kenneth was even more scary, as he was literally toying with Kenneth, and still beat him comfortably. His game play has more variety now, and still improving.

He was also smart enough to not attack without a purpose against a defensive player like Kenneth. He moved Kenneth around the court like an amateur, then finished him off or let him finish off himself... amazing.:cool: Yet, fans will start telling me that Kenneth is no LCW, or Taufik... yes, I know that, too and it's been taken into consideration as well.:rolleyes:

With this form, I seriously doubt anyone can defeat him IF ALL circumstances are fair and square, and that includes Taufik, LCW, Gade, and LHI.

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Watch AE2006 LD vs. Jonassen. LD toyed Jonassen just like this time. The key is Jonassen is soooo much slower than LD. When you are like twice as fast as your opponent, how not to toy him? :D

10. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    Lately, I have been accused of being biased against team China.
    As a matter of fact, I'm a full supporter of team China from day 1. I cheer for them & wish them well each time they play. They work so hard everyday & dedicate their whole lifes to earn fames for their country & I respect that.

Recently, a reporter gave interview to LYB right after the 2008 AE by mentioning this "hypothetical" fixed game theory for him to clarify. He ,instead, answered only by saying that it was a "good" game & spectators liked it, without giving a yes & no answer. This, I can understand why.
    Currently, LD has 81215 Olympic points & is seeded #1, followed by LCW with 80783, BCL has 66390, CJ has 60280, Jonassen has 58726, Sony has 56762, PG has 55974 & TH has 55088. CJ's spot is quite safe if he plays well in Swiss Open, i.e. at least into 1/4's.
    On the contrary, imagine this scenario of LD won the AE title, CJ would have been only 154 points above that of Jonassen's, one small "slip", he would have to kiss his 2008 Olympic good-bye. In Swiss Open main round tomorrow, CJ has to play LYI & LCW consecutively to reach to semi's & it is no that easy & his #4 position would not have been that optimistic.
    Right now, he is 1554 points more than that of Jonassen's & is in a much safer position, therefore, if I were LYB, I would have ordered this fixed game too.
    I'm not here to judge , actually, I'm here just want to point out & re-affirm you that it was a fixed game.
    Have a nice day!

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Great analysis, but I thought we all knew it, didnt we? :p

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, we knew it, but not some ppl who insisted on black-and-white solid proof that China INDEED fixed the game, no matter how strong the cases were to audiences like us ;)

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    personally i think it's rather pointless to prove it right either way, fix or not because the it's was an all chinia MS final anyway. What lyb got out of 08 AE was that LHI can be beaten by his 4th stringer and LCW was beaten by his 3rd stringer. As lyb had said, the audience seem to enjoyed the final and saw what LD can do even with a 'knee pain'. If some think LD could had played 100%, well, maybe the match will be short like the KJ match. Other players might see the AE title as a momumental achievement but for LD, only a OG gold would please him now.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The audience enjoyed the MSF because the Brits can be fooled unlike the French and are known for their politeness in tolerating such ridicule.

15. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

We all have a weighing machine in our hearts...so, this will be a never ending story, unless LD or LYB tell the truth....

Camon, lets enjoy Swiss Open now, what done is done. Change whatever u can, accept whatever u can't change...

PEACE!!!:D:p;)

16. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    so many bias ppl in this forum, especially the 2 from HK

17. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    KJ is so much slower than LD, or LD was faster 2 -3 times than any other MS player?

18. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    according to badmania, he is a chinese fan. but I never found his post that praise the Chn players. he always praise TH and or LCW

19. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Especially YOU...........always bias.....:cool::cool: but have Indonesian brother?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. Winston_T

Winston_T Regular Member

Business Consultant
    CHN players, it's time for extreme training

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.