All england MS FINAL, who will win? LCW OR Tago?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by george@chongwei, Mar 14, 2010.

  1. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    As we are approaching the final day of the AE in just a few hours time.

    IN this thread, we will discuss whether lcw or kenichi tago can take away the 100th all england badminton championships.

    Tago had been a dangerous darkhorse in this tournament and might just spoil the party of lcw and the mas fans. Amazingly beat the number 2 and 3 china ms player in 2 days is quite amazing..isn't it? He's just 1 step away from being the AE champion. Currently the one stands in his way are datuk lee chong wei.. the wr 1:):D.. do you think he can win?

    Meanwhile for datuk lee chong wei, looks like the time has come for him to CLINCH A MAJOR TITLE! the ALL ENGLAND..! and to make it more special..this is the 100th all england badminton championships..Played impressively and confidently in yesterday's smash against peter..made several incredible shot and all. Can he clinch his 3rd super series in a row and win his 1st major title? THE ALL ENGLAND? and silence(STFU:D) those people that always said he can't win this and that? WE will know that after this match.

    My prediction: of course datuk lee chong wei will win!!!

    Let's 'party' after this match..:p;):D:crying::(:eek::):confused::eek::cool::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:
     
  2. volcom

    volcom Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2007
    Messages:
    4,230
    Likes Received:
    196
    Location:
    Hong Kong
    Tagoooooooooooooooooooooo_OOOOOOO
    :D:D:D
     
  3. Ferrerkiko

    Ferrerkiko Regular Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3,456
    Likes Received:
    39
    Occupation:
    audit assistant
    Location:
    Singapore
    The odds wills be 70% Lee Chong Wei, 30% TAgo:D
     
  4. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    I HOPE THIS thread won't burst after the ms match ok?:D
     
  5. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    30% for tago? seems logical to me..;):cool:

    chong wei should be able to win this in 2..
     
  6. Heong

    Heong Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    Messages:
    1,038
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    Sydney
    Very hard to say. Both players seem to be on top of their form. Especially Tago.

    Both players are really hungry for this title. So i'd expect a good final. But i was just wondering about Tago's fitness. He has definately improved his fitness but it may not be enough if you compare to LCW. We'll just have to see.

    But otherwise, in terms of mentality. Both players have got it. The title's on the line!

    I personally want Tago to win to create history. But I think LCW will just pull through with his fitness and experience. Perhaps a tough game with 3 sets? Good luck to both players!

    i'd say 60% winning chance for LCW and 40% for Tago.
     
  7. limsy

    limsy Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    Messages:
    22,187
    Likes Received:
    4
    Occupation:
    kuli
    Location:
    malaysia
    i hope this thread will not be lock after the match
    ok?;)
     
  8. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    yes, both players are hungry for this ae title..but imo, lee chong wei are MORE hungrier than tago though. after last year dissapointment, im sure he would wanna put his name in the record book this time!:cool:

    come on chong wei..go for it!!!:):):)
     
  9. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    yess....limsy boy..;):D
     
  10. ctjcad

    ctjcad Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2004
    Messages:
    19,083
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    u.s.a.
    Datuk Lee Chong Wei will romp (and no, i'm no LCW fanboy)...

    ..and the rest of the Boleh Nation in BC will cry (not cry in sadness but in jubilation)..
     
  11. ants

    ants Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2002
    Messages:
    13,156
    Likes Received:
    25
    Occupation:
    Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Location:
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    LCW is the clear winner on paper. But anything can happen. I would love KT to win also if he is not facing LCW.
     
  12. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    Do you think Datuk himself will cry in jubilation too?;)

    Man, this guy is on course for his 3 rd super series title in a row after the mas and korea open..also on course to be the champion of the 100th ALL ENGLAND BADMINTON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2010!.. surely something special..his name will be in the record book:):D:D

    The time has come for him.. GO GRAB THE TITLE!:)
     
    #12 george@chongwei, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  13. george@chongwei

    george@chongwei Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    29,923
    Likes Received:
    3
    Location:
    MIA
    yes, this is the FINAL of a MAJOR tournament.. the AE;)

    There is no SURE winner...

    we only will be able to know the result after the match:)
     
  14. zqloy

    zqloy Regular Member

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1,484
    Likes Received:
    2
    Location:
    Malaysia
    If lcw still fail to win the AE this time, i'll bang my head to the wall..... IM SERIOUS!
     
  15. Krisna

    Krisna Regular Member

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2006
    Messages:
    5,893
    Likes Received:
    9
    Occupation:
    General Management
    Location:
    Indonesia
    LCW!!!! This is his moment!
     
  16. nellute

    nellute Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2005
    Messages:
    490
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Malaysia
    I will pick LCW. If he plays his normal game. it should suffice to prevail.

    At the current level, LCW has more experience, very well crafted skills, speed and overall strategy.

    In order for Tago to surprise the world, he needs to play an extra ordinary game, and with a lot of lucks. I would see, smashing and attacking aggressively from the start to the end relentlessly without any strategy gives Tago a better chance.
     
  17. Angelineayht

    Angelineayht Regular Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2010
    Messages:
    930
    Likes Received:
    0
    Occupation:
    Student
    Location:
    Malaysia
    LCW sure win.
    Tago might be a strong player. But lack of experience.
     
  18. ctjcad

    ctjcad Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2004
    Messages:
    19,083
    Likes Received:
    6
    Location:
    u.s.a.
    ..you should ask LCW to put your name besides his name in the AE trophy and in the record book : 2010 AE MS Champion - Lee George@Chong Wei
    :cool:
     
  19. LD rules!

    LD rules! Regular Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    2,199
    Likes Received:
    62
    Location:
    Earth
    Come on, no self harming, :D
    Tago has the confidence at the moment, as he wasnt expected to get past the first round, he is also under no pressure, as he is not expected to do anything.
    LCW on the other hand is under a lot of pressure, he is the clear favourite, for this match and the MAS fans will expect him to win. He has never won one of the "big" tournaments, and i actually think that him playing tago in the final puts him under more pressure, as Tago is unseeded, LCW may underestimate Tago.
    I have a feeling, that Tago can spring a suprise and win the AE2010
    Come on Tago !
     
  20. Mark A

    Mark A Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2005
    Messages:
    6,957
    Likes Received:
    507
    Location:
    St Helens, UK
    Tago did exactly the right thing yesterday against BCL by tying him up with flat stuff and not letting him get behind any overheads - a really intelligent play.

    I think LCW will take the final in two, though, because

    a) he has better footwork than BCL, and
    b) I have a suspicion that BCL had a knee problem during the the last game.

    I hope LCW wins it, anyway, as it will bring him out of LD's shadow at last.
     

Share This Page