American Badminton League

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by dgobbie, Dec 18, 2006.

1. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    My school teams (Purdue university) played in the recreational league NBL like last month in gary, Indiana. To be honest, most of the player doesn't like the rules of playing till 18 or 17 and then allowing substitution or allowing moxed double winner to play more. I won't go into details here. Anyway, most of us is from south east Asia or China, we're not Tennis and I don't think tennis format can be used in badminton. Double players are trained differently with single players in badminton. If we can just stick to the sudirman cup or Thomas/Uber cup style, it's more fun for us than the new format that you offer. That's just some idea from me =).

Thanks

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. i agree. why American need to always take other people's game and then f*** with it and make it their own?

just take the game format as it is, badminton as it currently stand is already a great game. screwing around with it doesn't make it any better.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i highly suggest u rename them as MML Cartoon Classic, MML Disney league and the MM Recreational League, where MM stands for Mickey Mouse. It is considered a fraud to represent badminton when the badminton rules aren't followed.

It is comical to see the americans depise chinses fake goods but yet
    americans invented fake crab meat, fake lobster meat, fake breast, many type of artifical flavors, and now fake badminton.

#43 cooler, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I hope the organizers are listening. If the participants are dissatisfied, there'll be no future in these leagues. Why mess around with the scoring format when a perfectly good one is available. You don't see tennis leagues play to 4 points per set. I know there may be logistical and/or time constraints but c'mon... Like cooler said, makes it feel Mickey Mouse :cool:

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

*gasp*..

*gasp*...master kwun, you sound very upset!:eek::p

6. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Just read through the 4-17 scoring format. What the heck is that? Whoever would come up with such silly idea? It is so confusing just reading it. Beside confusing the players, how do you expect the paying fans to follow the game?

BTW, Mr. Donn Gobbie hasn't come back in 7 weeks. Maybe he is not listening.

7. mhmed0780@

mhmed0780@ Regular Member

good
    thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

I found the mixed tie breaker confused. Does NBL allow the same mixed pair to play all mixed games? If not, what if they win all mixed games and do not have enough players to play rest and lost the whole match? If allow the same mixed pair to play all mixed games, then a team only needs one good pair to win the whole thing.