anime movies

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by aquaboi, Dec 2, 2005.

1. modious

modious Regular Member

Yeah you should!
    I can say for sure that if you like watching Naruto/Bleach/Inuyasha/Shaman King type of animes, you'll find One Piece acceptable/good if not better. ;)

Alot of people did not watch One Piece as the animation is slightly different from nomal and kinda have a kiddish feel about it. But if you can look beyond that, it's actually pretty lighthearted anime with lots of adventure and suspense.

I managed to persuade one of my friends to watch it even though he really did not want to.
    His verdict : Addictive, Funny. He watched like 100+ episodes within a few days. :eek:

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Hopefully it's not as nonsense* as Naruto was/is - will be getting a 30-episode view of it from my mates soon.

*You people should know by now what I mean by that

3. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    If there's one thing I have as a problem with animes, is this idea that "willpower beats everything".

It's a nice sorta motto, but it's not always realistic, and it certainly gets redundant.

Though I'll watch pretty much everything, my preference actually leans towards more 'gritty' things such as the original Ghost in the Shell movie, or the Stand Alone Complex series.

4. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    [/QUOTE]
    he says slightly different as if it's slightly different and my cousin said he watched the first 50 eps of bleach in one day and i saw the first 24 eps of oh my goddess in one too

lol, heart of the cards, guide me!

5. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    And they live happily ever after, everything returns to normal and all is beautiful again. Hotaru no Haka destroys that notion, outright.

Amen, bruvver, amen!

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

he says slightly different as if it's slightly different and my cousin said he watched the first 50 eps of bleach in one day and i saw the first 24 eps of oh my goddess in one too

lol, heart of the cards, guide me![/quote]

ah, belldandy! :p :p :p

7. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

i'm downloading the first pokemon movie :p ain't it sweet
    aa... those were the days :rolleyes:

8. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Used to sit down during the weekends, tv dinner date with Pikachu and gang (the things they show here during prime time..). It wasn't too bad that, the only thing is that you do outgrow it after a while.

Once thought Jessie was kinda hot too.

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

oh, you sick piedo perv ... tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes:

10. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

EWw!~ we should put you in a pokeball and never let you out, i liked the way misty and sakura from ccs were nicely drawn though (mr subtlety)

11. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Aye to Cardcaptor Sakura. It's quite cheesy yes, but it was on the telly in the morning half an hour after RK so I watched it anyway. Rather watchable because of the art - very well drawn. Seldom see animes drawn that detailed. One of my favourite scene is her standing on top of a building (only watched it once, for over 30 episodes), looking up at who I assume is a new teacher in black as sakura petals rained over her.

Got me confused after a while, especially when it comes to meeting Kero's old master and the previous cardcaptor or something. :confused:

The introduction music was good. :)

12. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Great job of trying to conceal that wilfred :p

13. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

hahaha, i worry about these guys sometimes ... it's just a drawing, or a computer generated graphic (which is just an electronic drawing anyways).
    i guess everyone has some weird fetish, hmmm, like they say 'to each his own'.

14. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i will grant you that it's drawn well, but the plot lacks depth ... hmmmm ... it's a kiddy show! although i shouldn't really judge until i watch more of it, only ever seen 2-3 episodes, and that's just by chance ....

15. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    All thanks to the limitations of vBulletin. Was looking for the
    and [s(trikethrough)] BB codes but had to settle for font size. Even '1' was too big. :)

No question about that. It was on the telly, I woke up early just to catch Mr Oro and that came after. Sort of noticed how nice the art was. I believe it was from the same people who did Chobits, CLAMP Kodansha.

The only show(s) I know that surpasses that would include various OVAs and most especially, Mononoke Hime.

16. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

well there's not much plot developement but it's easy to follow if you keep it in chronological order, pretty much sakura has to capture all the cards and gets lee and mei lin to help and madison to record it all and make her costumes. eventually she gets them all and goes through an initiation to become the master of the cards after that the cards start losing their magic because they have a new master and are still being held by their old one. so sakura has to transorm them all into star cards before they die out. while she's doing that, clow reed's reincarnated form, eli moon is testing her powers by putting up some challenges for her

and after watching the pokemon movie i gotta thank my dad for taking me to see it back in '99, that pokedex's voice is f*cking annoying during pikachu's vacation

those hentai girls can and will do some sick stuff though, not that i watch it though of course
    i think fsn's animation is better than cardcaptors though... i dunno maybe, ccs is really good. oh my goddess matches it though

Attached Files:

#116 the_oro, Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  17. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    How exactly did you if they did some sick stuff if you don't/didn't watch it? :)

18. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yes, that's the question you never ask when someone says that, obviously they have something to hide ...
    :D

19. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

some of my friends got into a conversation about this stuff and just now i was quoting one of them :p

20. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

GUYS!!! I JUST SAW AN EP OF BLEACH IN ENGLISH

except instead of saying death god or shinigami they say soul reaper, still use the word zanpakto though (i forgot how to spell that word, i think that's right)