Anyone play at Sunnyvale Rec. Center in California...

Discussion in 'USA West' started by love2bad, Oct 3, 2003.

1. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

Kwun, yes that was me!!!

Hey, ever since you replied to the question of how do you play a VCD on a computer, I've been meaning to write but between my computer problems and the holidays, I wasn't able. Yes, that was me that asked you when you were sitting there with your laptop in the front room at Bintang. Isn't that a hoot?! We actually met and didn't even realize it. I haven't been there in over a month, so I was pretty bad tonite. I watched you play a little tonite. It was a good game. At first I wasn't sure if that was you, but then I saw Janet who I assume is your girlfriend or wife, and she kept clapping when you made mistakes, right or something like that. I guess she likes to give you a hard time. Ha ha. At least, that's what I think she was doing. Anyway, it was fun watching. I was meaning to say hi before I left but forgot and realized it after I left. And Phu was there for a change. He's lost some weight, I think. Probably working his tail off at that new place not to mention the stresses. He'd better eat more. I guess it's coming down to the wire since I hear they're hoping to open up next week some time. Anyways, just wanted to drop you a note and say, yes that was me. I will be sure to say hi next time.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    love2bad, haha. it wasn't me tonight. a bunch of us were playing in Pleasanton, hm... i wonder who else in Bintang looks like me... hm..... :)

3. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

KWUN!!!

NO *#@%*# WAY!!!
    That has to be you. Didn't I talk to you that day in the front room when you had your laptop out? Are you telling me that two people asked you the identical question in the same short period of time? That is unbelievable. So you were not there today? I can't believe it. If you were my friend, I would think you were pulling my leg. So I'd better find out who that guy is. There was a girl there that fits the description, long hair, tall, Chinese. Well I added the Chinese part but I assumed she was Chinese. Anyway, I guess we'll meet one of these days then. Go figure. I am so puzzled right now, my mind is warping. eeeeeek. Well, good night and we'll meet soon I'm sure.

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I can surely say that was not kwun. Kwun was with us, hehe. I partnered up with him for one game. Sorry Kwun!!! I need a lot of work. I tried smashing, but most of my smashes were pretty flat. My serves seemed pretty decent though that night I think.

5. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

Okay, okay.

Well, I guess that does it then. You even have a witness, Kwun. I guess I should find out who in the heck I was talking to then, huh?! That's too funny.

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

We still need to meet up love2bad. I'm going to Bintang tonight. If you plan on going, let me know.

7. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

Joseph

Hey Joseph,
    From the sounds of your matches with Kwun, I wouldn't be any fun to you at all. I am such a beginner, you would be bored to death. But funny thing, while I thought I was watching Kwun that night, I thought he might be playing you and your friend because I know you are pretty young and the guys this "imposter Kwun" was playing was against two young guys. I thought it possibly could be you. I'm so glad I didn't go up to this guy and start talking like it was Kwun. That would have been so embarassing. Ha Ha! I could see it now. Trying to explain myself. Anyways, I will run into you as well one of these days. Sorry I got this message late tonite. No, I didn't go tonight. I probably won't go until Monday or one of the weekdays. I rarely go on weekend nights. Take care. And thanks for the invite.

8. love2bad

love2bad Regular Member

Joseph

Hey Joseph,
    From the sounds of your matches with Kwun, I wouldn't be any fun to you at all. I am such a beginner, you would be bored to death. But funny thing, while I thought I was watching Kwun that night, I thought he might be playing you and your friend because I know you are pretty young and the guys this "imposter Kwun" was playing was against two young guys. I thought it possibly could be you. I'm so glad I didn't go up to this guy and start talking like it was Kwun. That would have been so embarassing. Ha Ha! I could see it now. Trying to explain myself. Anyways, I will run into you as well one of these days. Sorry I got this message late tonite. No, I didn't go tonight. I probably won't go until Monday or one of the weekdays. I rarely go on weekend nights. Take care. And thanks for the invite. ;)

9. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I heard that Bintang is opening it's new gym next friday. I'm probably going to go with my friend since all we're doing for badminton at my school is conditioning.

10. pastrami

pastrami Regular Member

Where's the new gym at? Got the address?

11. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    THe original post was dated in January. Bintang is located at 1375 Geneva Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.

-SC

12. pastrami

pastrami Regular Member

Thanks! -- any beginners want someone to hit with? I'm planning on heading out there on wednesday, and my friend might not be able to make it out there so I need someone to hit with...

played badminton one or two times but I'm an avid tennis player so I hope I can rally somewhat ... =)

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Go there earlier like 11am when Pug, the owner, sees you alone, he may come out to hit a few shots with you and give you some free tips. Too bad. :)

14. daskino12

daskino12 Regular Member

Badminton Time/Place Help

Hello all,

I just moved to San Fran (currently in Palo Alto). I was wondering where/when I can play badminton. I have seen some places like Gunn High, Sunnyvale Gymj..etc..but i was wondering if anyone can tell me the time for the summer.

THanks a lot

15. MidBadder

MidBadder Regular Member

Engineer
    Schedule of sunnyvale CC

Here it is....

Mon: 11:30pm - 01:30pm
    Tue: 11:30pm - 01:30pm & 05:00pm - 07:00pm
    Wed: 11:30pm - 01:30pm
    Thu: 11:30pm - 01:30pm
    Fri: 11:30pm - 01:30pm
    Sat: 03:30pm - 05:30pm & 05:45pm - 07:45pm
    Sun: 12:30pm - 02:30pm & 02:45pm - 04:45pm

16. daskino12

daskino12 Regular Member

Hello,

Thanks a lot.

17. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    Hmmmmm...:( only 2 hours a session??? how much is the drop-in? do they offer membership, how much??? are there a lot of people playing??? is bintang better???:confused: :confused: :confused:

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Sunnyvale CC is $5 per session. No membership, but you can buy 10 passes for $45. It's quite quiet right now because lots of people moved to Bintang which is $3 per lunch sesssion and $5 per evening session. But honestly I like Sunnyvale CC better because the floor is better and better lighting. I don't like the blue color in Bintang and also some courts are too close to the wall that I kept worrying my racquet will smash onto the wall accidentally.

19. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    >_< too expensive... even tho i don't like the floor at bintang... but bintang is a lot cheaper..... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... i wish Sunnyvale CC also had monthly membership like bintang... T_T