APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Hai all. I broke my Lethal 70 clashing. Looking for replacement. Any recommendations? Its been around 5 years maybe since I bought L70, so not really up-to-date with current Apacs line-up. Looking for head-heavy, stiff/extra stiff. Thanks before.

2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Stay with Lethal series with L60II, L90 or L110.

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Hard to find extra stiff shafts on apacs now. The limited edition ones tend to have sifter shafts e.g. Ziggler LHI edition, Virtuoso Pro ii Robert Blair edition or the new Blizzard Pro ZZ edition. But are rated slightly or medium stiff. I heard lethal 110 is good (rated stiff shaft) but unfortunately haven't tried it out. Carbonex7 recommends it.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

What about the Tweet 8000? They are very stiff and head heavy, I bought three but unfortunately they are a little too stiff for my liking. It's been a long time since I had a lethal 70 but I remember having similar problems with that racket due to its stiffness.

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Your right about the virtuoso pro ii, it's got some flex to it which I don't mind much but gives me timing issues on some shots.

6. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

To sum up, and after some reading, it seems that there is no "upgrade" to Lethal 70. I mean with same characteristics. Most new ones are a tid bit more flexible. So, might just buy L70 again :)

7. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Apacs seem to be refreshing all the older models with version ii iterations. There's already a lethal 60ii and Tantrum 200ii. Might get a lethal 70ii soon perhaps?

8. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Still loving the old but gold tantrum 300.

Man that thing.

9. bremen

bremen New Member

badminton player
    Hi everyone, im currently thinking to get my first apacs, but kinda confuse to choose between av-performance or ziggler.. anyone could give me any idea which one should i buy?

10. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

What kind of rackets suit your style? Head heavy? Even balance?

11. bremen

bremen New Member

badminton player
    I like to use bs9 before i broke it

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Well... BS9 is light (82g), even balance and medium stiff shaft. If you are aiming for a racket with the closest in specs, perhaps the Ziggler 525? I have bought a couple of rackets in the range and I quite like them. Otherwise if you would like to try something a bit different but rated very highly is the Apacs Virtuoso Performance, which also has the sharp edged frame like Victor's broadsword. Lots of reviews on the forum.

Good luck and welcome to the Apacs family ^_^

13. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

I have a ziggler lhi; can anyone tell me what's the closest normal apacs equivalent please?

14. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Apacs has done it again, they have just released the lightest racket in the world, at only 58g. That's 2g lighter than the Karakal BN-60ff racket.

And the winner is "Apacs Feather Weight 55 Badminton Racket" !!:D

15. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Apacs just broke their own record. They are the lightest with the featherweight 63g racket all the while, Karakal BN-60 is not 60g, Karakal have a different standard of measuring just to make it sound lightest, just a marketing gimmick.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...388-What-s-the-actual-weight-of-karakal-bn-60

16. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    For me the best is still the Apacs Lethal Light Special.
    Initially it takes some adjustment for me moving from Yonex high end 3u to Dunlop headlight 4u and
    finally to this wonderful LLS racket.
    At my age, the LLS is a savior, gone are all the shoulder and elbow pain and fatique after games
    and the games is so easy to play, the combination of a light body with head heavy balance really
    do wonders to my defense, attack and general stroke making.
    Thank you Apacs.

17. Kel1122

Kel1122 Regular Member

Manager
    Damn.. Means I can no longer boast to own the world's lightest racket in my Apacs FW 500. :mad: :crying::D

18. chinek

chinek Regular Member

Technical Administrator
    Took me few sessions to get used to the Apacs Ziggler 565. The head of the racket is not quite isometric and is smaller, so potential for mishits is there. The shaft is very thin 6.5 mm, not sure if that helps much but I think I can feel the racket is faster. Smashes are great too with this racket. The way I set it up is double grip to give it more weight at the handle, which makes the racket more even balanced. I like this better than my VT80 which is more stiff. This racket is less stiff, but still packs enough power. Overall great racket for more defensive use.

19. Cricra

Cricra New Member

Hello!
    I want to buy a second hand Apacs Furious 120. I was asked to make an offer so I need help. How much would you pay for it? It's in good conditions.
    Thanks!

20. Vivek@1983

Vivek@1983 Regular Member

Hi dave1011, how do u find Apacs virtuoso pro ii Robert Blair racket when compared to virtuoso performance. You have still not given ur experienced review about AV Pro . I am an intermediate player looking for an even balanced racket for doubles game. I play attacking game and mostly rely on smashes and half smashes. So which racket I should buy. Others comments are also welcome.
    Thanks
    Regards
    Vivek