APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Qwezar

Qwezar New Member

Ok thanks! Will definitely give it a try.

2. Sugeesh S

Sugeesh S Regular Member

AVP has lot of positive reviews....So as Tantrum 300/200 and Lethal 70. Any one knows which is the best recommended string for AVP ?

3. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Since it's pretty flexible, I like hard feeling strings like BG80 to compensate or NG99 if it's too hard.

4. Sugeesh S

Sugeesh S Regular Member

Carbonex and Tantrum , your recommendation on String for AVP and Nano Fusion Speed 722 ?

5. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Not sure about the fusion, but I've tried all sorts of strings with the AVP, my fav being BG66 ultimax, then bg80 power, nanoG 95, least fav bg65. (usually 26-28lb tension)
    Just note BG66 is not durable and tends to snap with any off centre hits, especially at higher tensions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

When I got my Tantrum 200 II, it was strung with Virtuoso Pro 68 ( Japan) at 26 lbs and I say it's a superb combination, sans
    exciting sound though:p It's kind of like a BG 65 sounding string in my impression but the performance is unquestionable
    as far as I'm concerned.

7. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

It is rated as medium stiff, so should not be an issue for beginner, there are stiff and extra stiff in stiffness rating.

8. Carbonex_7

I do not know what type of strings you can get at your area, my personal preference for repulsion is Li Ning#1, Gosen G-Tone 5 and Ashaway Zymax Fire 62. For durability, Ashaway Zymax Fire 69 tops my chart, I have a 200m reel at my garage, follows by Gosen R4X 110 and Yonex Nanogy95. I am not a big fan of Yonex string besides BG85 for the sound and will avoid any soft feeling string like BG65.

9. Tony

Tony Regular Member

Hi,

Please kindly help to advice.
    I'm a current user of N90 first gen and Tantrum 200 gen II. I'm a mid to advance player that like to play double and I have using N90 as my primary racket.
    I do found that my tantrum 200 II have lack of power due to it's not a head heavy racket but i like the solidness feel that came from the racket.
    I would like to buy a a new racket which have a specification of a head heavy with solidness feel. Please help me to choose betwen Slayer 88 II and Ziggler LHI.

Thank You

10. Ayush Bhardwaj

Ayush Bhardwaj Regular Member

Has anyone tried Apacs Stern 898?

11. Carbonex_7

N90, T200II are stiff rackets and you said you like the solid feel of stiff racket, Ziggler LHI is medium stiff and Slayer 88II is stiff and very head heavy(close to 310mm and should play similarly to N90), so the answer is clear. I have a friend who got Slayer88II from me keeping the racket as his spare now as he can't handle the head weight as good as his Lethal 110 which is another heavy weight from Apacs, so that pretty much tell the whole story.

I have let go all my head heavy rackets and keep the last piece of VTFZ2 LCW(mainly becos the condition is bad for reselling) for some single game. I enjoy very much now with stiff + balance racket and add frame protector or join grommets if I feel like to increase some weight to the head. My style of play also change from baseline smashing to driving to opponent base line, pushing with quick fast flat drive and wait for half court return for a killer smash.

I would say all the above rackets are not suitable for double play except T200II (even now i found it to be a bit slow after I fall in love with JS10). T200II is "the best" all rounder (ever made by Apacs) for the price, what do you expect more? I have a friend who is a state senior rep (a die hard apacs fan) who keeps 4-5 T200II inside his bag all the time after try out more than 10 apacs rackets to come to that conclusion.

cheers

#6291 Carbonex_7, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    BirdieBeater likes this.
  12. Papa-chan

Papa-chan Regular Member

Hi guys, I recently came across Apacs and it looks like the general consensus is that it makes great rackets at affordable prices.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Blend Pro yet? I wonder how it compares with Yonex's Duora 10 or the latest Z-Strike

It looks like the Blend Pro is priced much higher than most Apacs models but still lower than Yonex's

13. Carbonex_7

You can find an earlier review of Blend 7000 by Takumi here. Both 7k and pro are similar in design. All the Apacs clones never play alike the original one. For the price, it is fun to try if your style of play suits the dual frame system. For me, I could never set my mind on such a racket as I have a habit of spinning my racket.

14. Papa-chan

Papa-chan Regular Member

Thanks for the comment Carbonex_7, any other opinions?

15. JoJee

JoJee New Member

student
    any shops in china , Beijing ?

16. JoJee

JoJee New Member

student
    any apacs dealer in China

17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Food for thought:

Apacs consistency questionable? Or made a revision...
    Case in point: Later Tantrum 300's have a longer shaft, shorter grip handle.
    Lined side by side with frame head in line, the older one (bottom) is shorter in shaft length, and if you ask me, playing feel is better too.

[​IMG]

PaitonSport likes this.
  18. PaitonSport

PaitonSport Regular Member

Anyone still played a Lethal 70 4U?
    Just a blank question to remain myself to a best Apacs racket.... :D

After I broke my L70 4U a year ago and now still with Tantrum 300 and Apacs Dual Speed Power.

19. Carbonex_7

Hi,

"Lined side by side with frame head in line"? NO. This is not a good comparison. The correct way is to line side by side with the handle in line. Frame shape changes with different tension and stringing patterns.

20. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Same string, same tension. I couldn't do a butt to butt as the buttcap on the older one disintegrated into pieces.

Still, shouldn't be this big of a discrepancy no?