APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Tony

Tony Regular Member

Wow... I don't know what to say. I've got both racket. Tk6000 and AVP. For me TK6000 is the most head heavy racket that i have. When i measure the balance point, it reach 320 bp point without grip and include BG 66 ultimax. For the AVP, i got two. One for the actual play and one for back up. I try to measure them too. I found that the AVP BP is inconsistent. The one that i play was measure bp 300++, the second one is below 300, both without string and grip. But either both racket feels fast compared with TK6000. TK 6000 feels medium stiff and heavy. What your string currently for AVP?
    Currently there is no racket which has similiar feel with tk6000 in apacs range. Hmm.. Maybe... You could try to use lethal 60 II. I think you will adapt with it more faster rather than AVP. Powerfull racket.

2. Y_Badm

Y_Badm New Member

Thanks for your quick response @Tony...
    Even I dont know now what to say.

I know the feel of a racket is subjective. I found tk6000 very fast and responsive and not very stiff, And avp too but a bit slower.
    It is difficut to check a racket in my town as we have yonex only...
    If i dont find a racket i will go for avp undoubtably.
    Btw I rate myself as a lower-mid intermediate lvl player and not comfortable with stiff rackets.

3. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Has anyone tried out the Honor 800 Speed racket yet? how does it fare compared to the 800P and 800EP?

4. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

Can't wait to see Assailant Pro and Pro Commander.

5. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Apacs rackets seem to be getting lighter. I wonder if it's really worth it

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Y_Badm

Y_Badm New Member

@CARBONEX 7....
    We use to play doubles quite often than singles. But I need racket for singles as well as doubles.
    Please suggest honor 200 or 800s.
    I love to smash but defence is always needed.

7. shamooikon1

shamooikon1 New Member

Or you can check blizzard pro zz

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

8. badmintony

I tried honor 800EP last tue night for 3 games with gosen GT5 at 25 and for me it felt somewhat unexciting. I dunno, but maybe there's an adjustment period? I like the feel of avp and astrox 2 more than the honor

9. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Get Tantrum 200 II 3U. Best for both.

10. Carbonex_7

After playing several months with Honor 800EP, i must admit it is not the best racket i have played, the short fall comes from lack of killing power despite decent smashing power and slow maneuverability, i am not saying it is slow in swing, but when comes to fast pace exchange and smash defence, the timing is a bit lag. i think it is caused by the very head heavy frame and medium stiffness shaft. I intend to do a modification to the racket by making it 3mm shorter, hopefully the shorter length would compensate for faster maneuverability and better power.

11. Carbonex_7

Assailent pro.jpg Shin Apacs.jpg APACS ASSAILANT PRO

Newly launched by APACS, made in Taiwan.

For those who have tried, please share a review . It is out of my budget, top of the pinnacle range comes with top of the pinnacle price.

#6811 Carbonex_7, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    knfmlee likes this.
  12. badmintony

I get more excitement using the AX2 with aerosonic than the Honor EP. The first time I tried EP with BG80P it didn't click too, and I'm thinking after the recent change in string and with still less excitement though better than before in my experience with it, that maybe it is string choosy or it's simply not for me. But I will still be playing with it for sometime more and then will try to change the string to aerosonic and see if this would somehow salvage it from being sold.

13. Carbonex_7

BG80P doesn't bring a lot of excitement into play, and there is no comparison between Aerosonics and BG80P, AS will excite you with all the wows while BG80P is just another fail experiment from Yonex. I am moving to hybrid and so do my friends. We found BG80 + LN#1 is a killer combination, a more lasting combo than AS without losing too much of the wow factors. We are putting our Honors up to 28lbs now and it is fun to play with when the string is still fresh.

14. Carbonex_7

I had GT5 on my EP as well at 28lb, felt good the first few nights but it is dull and boring now, I blame it to the string. I will make some modification to the racket by making it shorter and may be adding some weight at the butt (counter rotational system like Astrox), then I will put hybrid BG80 + LN#1 on it. I hope the changes will breath new life into the EP. My friend added some lead tape to the tip of frame and he is enjoying some extra power.

15. badmintony

Ok. Please I need some suggestion on which one to let go. Tantrum 200II or HONOR 800 ETRA POWER?
    Thanks for any help:)

16. Carbonex_7

Tantrum 200 II hands down.
    The only Honor worth keeping is the H200 for the speed, fastest swing among the Apacs families with nice control feel, smashing is decent but not great.
    Until I have the time to modify the H800 EP and put up a new hybrid string, it remains in my bag.

17. Winterhearted

Winterhearted New Member

Are Aero Flight-800 good shuttles in terms of flight and durability? Is it genuine tube? They have different package on official site.
    [​IMG]

#6817 Winterhearted, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  18. badmintony

I was wondering why despite Honor 800's claimed BP of 300, it feels kind of lacking in beef compared to Tantrum 200II which is actually more even balanced. Possibly the stiffness difference between the 2?

19. Carbonex_7

My guess is the weight is distributed around the T-joint area but not to the tip of the frame. My friend who owns multiple 800Ps and EPs put lead tape on top of the frame and the smash improve a lot. Stiffness may not affect too much, I can pack quite a powerful smash with AVP and Lethal 60 II that come with medium stiff shaft.

20. Carbonex_7

it is genuine. It is just a rebadge shuttlecock from dunno which manufacturer in China. Most of the racket brands do that including Yonex, especially the low end one.

Winterhearted likes this.