APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. West204

West204 Regular Member

Okok. Will keep a look out for that. Thank you

2. BPlz

BPlz New Member

No problemo, just sharing what little I know. I hope you manage to find something interesting, apacs is a pretty cool brand. I was gonna say some of the pro rackets like Pro Commander/Assailant Pro/Feeder Pro/Slayer Pro, since they are also hybrid type box frame but the bcp of those is like 295 thereabouts on paper, didnt seem to quite match your LN description.

West204 likes this.
  3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

There are 4 openings (air-holes) on the lower side of the rackets that makes the LN aeronaut 9000 design unique, so you can only choose one from Apacs that closely matches the technical spec but they aren't going to play similar. There are a lot of medium shaft head heavy rackets from Apacs, besides the ones that had already been mentioned before, Blizzard Pro seems to meet the spec quite well.
    https://apacssports.com/product/blizzard-pro-zz/

a 3U 305mm BP is usually sluggish to play and normally in favour to single player. Due to the unique frame design of LN with air-holes, it probably has the speed issue compensated. So bear in mind, you may have problem swinging with a 305mm BP without air-holes. Blizard Pro has a compact frame which is smaller than normal racket frame ( similar to YY VTZF2, DZS), that might works out ok but you have to try it out yourself.

#7223 Carbonex_7, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    West204 likes this.
  4. West204

West204 Regular Member

Ah... I knew this was the right place to ask. Never knew there is bp 305mm rackets in Apacs. Thanks man. Will also keep a look out for this one.

5. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Right, so the racket was delivered pretty late and I only got time to play with it for last couple of days , so rather than a review this is more sort of initial thoughts and would write a proper review after a month of regular play maybe.

Now before moving on , before the racket was delivered in the meantime I was playing last month witha a friend's spare one which was nanoray 700I which I think is 2U ? Interestingly enough because of the weight ( which btw took couple of days to adjust ) I feel my feel increased considerably and my distance on birdies when I had enough time( which I used to struggle with ) increased from back of the court and feel with drops was excellent because of the weight again, obviously it did suffer in defence and quick smash pickups and in general a bit in quick interchanges but yeah. So yes overall I wasn't thrilled to play with it the heavier nanoray first day but by now I had started loving it because it suited my style especilly in singles and because I prefer lot of manouvering and drops and corner clears and try avoiding quick exchanges as much as possible ( like I said I did suffer with defense and in front court and backhand clears ). Now that it's clear where I am coming from let's talk about AvP

Now, coming to AVP , playing last couple of days so far it has been very interesting nevertheless. First day I had lots of misses , even today. In fact it has kind of a swing which feels very different to other rackets I have used , and it felt it came down faster ( not just compared to heavy nanoray one but in general to most rackets I have used before ) so I struggled with timing a bit but I think that's normal from what I have heard about AvP. One thing I did like so far is defensive aspect is phenominal and I was also to reach lot of shots because of its quickness, but on the cons side so far I really don't like the feel / feedback from it at all with drops and placements even compared to lighter rackets I have used before. So as of now my feeling is it's a phenominal racket for its price for what it can do , especially once u get used to the swing but also I am not sure how much it suits my game, but will continue playing with and and write indepth later after a month or 2. I do have to say for some reason it feels lighter in hand that it is but , also It felt it had a smaller sweet spot and as weird as it sounds in some of previous rackets I had perfected sort of shot which on purpose I used to hit a bit on the side away from sweetspot on purpose as a deception ( hard to explain ) but that wasn't working at all with this. Also smashes lacked a bit of a boom and wer getting returned easily comparitively. One huge positive was though backhand clears were easy to get more distance on because of its light feel but still enough heavness combo. Early days though, will see how I adjust to my new racket in new days , but regardless it is very unique to some other rackets I have used ( maybe because I haven't used a racket with similar frame before ?).

Having said all that I have couple of question :

1) I read in other thread AvP comes in bkthe 4u and 3u ? I am not sure which one is mine is there any way to check ?

2) Is there anyway to add a bit more feel/feedback to it ? Maybe by adding an extra grip or something ? And would there be any cons of it ? ( Sorry not well versed with racket dynamics as such )

6. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

Hey guys, just wanted to ask. I want to get a new racket and I am an low intermediate player. I used to use a Arc11 but it was always was a lil bit heavy/sluggish. Now I use a random boxframe 4U midflex racket and a 722 as a backup but want some thing more solid/stiff.
    I have used my friends 88S 4U and it felt great but do not want the high price tag for a single racket that can break easily (my Arc11 died).
    I have been looking at the forum and came up with for the candidates

T8000
    T200ii
    AVP
    Pro Commander/Assailant

I have tried a H200 but it was just ok. I cannot generate good power myself so I rely on my racket to have some flex or weight to help with generating power but the H200 could not help either. I liked my Arc11 with good control and power but it was not exciting and a lil bit sluggish.
    Ideally, I am looking for a light feeling racket that is stiff. I am concerned that all of the rackets above my be a little bit heavy for me. (currently I am most interested in the AVP but scared to pull the trigger due to its weight and some mixed reviews)

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  7. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

I previously own 3u 88s, and still have the AVP.

I would say just go for AVP as its cheaps but perform very good. The fast frame will generate faster swing hence stronger smashes..

Or you could maybe wait a bit for the pro commander to drop it price.

Now a days I am rotating between my King K9, AVP, and 38s.. at least before the current lock down.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

8. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

T200II, now T200 III won't disappoint you. Stiff, even balance, between 3U/4U weight, I once considered it as the Arc 11 of Apacs. The T200 comes in 4U weight with additional weight added to the handle to make it 3U, search my old post, remove the factory grip, remove the 2 plastic bars and you have a 4U T200.

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

If you like 88S but to costy for you, well it had its little brother 68S & the cheapest 38S. Wont be the same but worth to try if you can find one.
    Regarding AVP its aero frame, more like a sword frame than abox frame. Fast racket, OK power. The lightest of all my 3 racket, but idk about your physical strength so i cant say for sure it will suit you.

10. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

i had a good experience with the first generation of Slayer 88 which is a sword frame even balance some good flex. So I might go with the AVP if the sword frame is similar to the Slayer 88. I had mixed experience with apacs from amazing to bad rackets but AVP seems to be a classic.

update. just bought the avp and coming on post. I will update more if i want to share anything!

#7230 Kevin Han, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  11. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Anyway, I am sure lot of people still have disagreements about string tensions and their effects as you go higher / lower in tension but I believe from my experience it depends on a lot of factors inc play style , but more importantly I feel like mostly it's about racket and string tension being jn sort of resonance to generate most power sort of and it does depend type of racket in that sense.

So I was just wondering people who use AvP here are using strings with it at what tension and if they feel they are getting enough power

12. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

I see Ajay Jayaram is using Apacs in the Denmark Opem. Anyone knows which model?

13. cylcylcyl

cylcylcyl New Member

Hi guys! I have been thinking about getting pro commander for quite abit. What are your thoughts and review of this racket if you are using/ have used before! In comparison to arc11, isit worth getting pro com instead?

14. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Had the t500 long time ago. But didn't like it. Pro commander and assailant pro are the same. Just different colour. They play well. They have a stiffer shaft than the t500. Stiffer = more control but is harder to get power unless u got good technique. T500 should be better for players who need a bit of help with clears. All should suit an intermediate player.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

15. Kyoshinster

Kyoshinster New Member

Actually sold the Pro Commander as it just was an awkward flex+head weight for me - purely personal choice
    I am rather surprised to say hat Assailant Pro is one of my favorite of all time due to the fact it's got a shaft and head weight like none I ever used before
    but this comes at a price where it has a huge 'dead zone' in the head - not saying that the sweet spot is smaller than other rackets but power dies from zones located on mid-to-lower areas of the racket
    Personally, I think it handles beautifully in defense - but smashing/driving feels like it requires more strength/speed from your wrist
    Unfortunately, I can't comment on other APACS rackets as I primarily been using Yonex/Victor other than Featherweight 55 - hilariously fun racket lol

tldr; I can't recommend Pro Commander nor Assailant Pro if you are looking for forgiving and easy racket

PS. Shin Baek Chul just 'reviewed' his new racket - Pro Commander 2 on his youtube with him saying now it is head heavier and stiffer shaft - could be a better playing racket

16. webbingmania

webbingmania Regular Member

Recently I came across a new Apacs racket model Z Force II Max. Supposedly a replacement for Z Ziggler. My hand is itching to try it out.:)
    Anyone have play with it before? Any comment?

17. Syazwan Sufri

Syazwan Sufri New Member

H
    Mind dropping a review? Im looking to buy that and where did u get it for rm129? Thanks a lot

18. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Got it during one of the Sports Direct store's closing down clearance. Didn't enjoy playing with it though. Swapped it with someone else after a while. Maybe due to the lightweight frame, couldn't get much power out of it.

19. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

After reading all the inputs here I decided to get the tantrum 200III as an extra racket since I left almost all of my badminton gear in another city since the start of the pandemic. Just wanted to thank everyone who gave reviews and recommendations!

20. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Good choice. Its a versatile racket and will serve you well.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

rakenrol likes this.