APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

I bought AVP because of good review here and in actual, don't really like it. :D

2. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Hahah, not your cup of tea bro. What kind of specs u prefer?

3. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

AVP stiffness is 8.0, Tantrum is 7.5. Tantrum is slightly stiffer.

4. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I just got myself a pre-own Tantrum 200ii. Key strengths are definitely power, accuracy and control due to the 3u weight and stiffer shaft. However, I didnt feel as much burden on my arm/shoulder since it's even balance and not head heavy as AVP. However, for those who are used to lighter rackets, this isn't for them. All my shots felt reassuring and firm, generated by the force of the 3U frame. Had it strung with zymax 62 fire at 26lbs and this probably added to the more satisfying feel. My smashes went booming down and even my drop shots felt sharper and pin point. Looking fwd to yielding more out of this legendary Apacs weapon.

Tantrum likes this.
  5. BadAtGoodminton

BadAtGoodminton New Member

Student
    I just bought this yesterday. What I can definitely say is as an intermediate player, I am certain this racket will take some getting used to. In the mean time, I feel like I just wasted RM 200. I'd definitely sell it if someone here is willing to buy it at that same price xD

6. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Exactly same as what I felt, and till now this racket it nicely in my bag. :D
    Don't feel so much connected with AVP.

7. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Hahah...one man's meat in another's poison. ;)
    In fact, my own AVP has been taken over by firstly Ashaway Phantom X-Fire (now broken already), and then now Tantrum 200ii. The last time I used the AVP, felt not much sting but I suspect it's the Li Ning No.1 string. Felt very plasticky and the hitting sound very dull.

8. Carbonex_7

The biggest problem of AVP is the swing speed, unless you are coming from bravesword 12, otherwise you will have hard time adjusting. My miss hit increased 300% when i first use it. If you dislike fast swing racket, sell it but the defensive aspect of it is phenomenon, there were many times i picked up shots that opponents thought it was dead and caught them by surprised.

9. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Initially I had trouble getting used to the AVP too. After getting used to it, I now like it very much. I switch btwn AVP and the T200ii.

I reckon the AVP requires a little bit more wrist action to get the steep smashes. Like carbonex says, very good in defence.

10. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

11. BadAtGoodminton

Student
    So I have been using this, alongside the Astrox 77. One variable between my two rackets however are that I am using Kyzuna (I can't remember which exactly atm...) on the AVP, whilst I am using the nanogy 98 (also, I admit to not being completely sure atm) on the Astrox 77.

I can't quite explain it, I am not at that level yet, but what I can say is they surely feel distinct from each other, but I must say I enjoy them almost as equally now. I use the AVP more for doubles though, primarily cause it's cheaper than to use my Astrox, and risk it in clashes.

12. naveent22

naveent22 New Member

Bought this racket a week back as a replacement for bravesword12 which is my usual racket, have to say this racket surprised me from the first day, have played for 6 hrs with it. Certainly more powerful than bs12, if you want a cheaper replacement of bs12 then avp is the one to choose. After a few more hours of play I ll post a review.

13. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

sold mine..not cup of tea :D

14. Carbonex_7

After sticking to T200 II and JS10 for over a year, I decided to give my AVP a new life, restrung with Ashaway Zymax Fire Power with new stencil logo. I had a session with it, struggle with the timing but the punch is good with new string, had a couple of thunderous smash that boom through opponent's defense. I think my boy will be thrilled with the new logo. pikachiu 2.jpg

dbones, missclicked, swsh and 2 others like this.
  15. boomrang

boomrang New Member

I am currently using AVP and quite happy with its fast swing and smash power and effortless clears. On netplay I find headlight rackets are better than AVP. So just wondering how JS10 and T200 II compare with the AVP in terms of smash power, clear shots, netplay and defence. Also if anyone has playing experience with APACS Virtuoso Pro II and can compare with AVP that will be awesome.

16. Carbonex_7

Smash power: JS10>AVP=T200II
    Clear: AVP>JS10=T200II
    Net: T200II>JS10>AVP
    Defence: AVP>JS10>T200II

For the price of 1 AV Pro2 = 2 AVP, I will take AVP anytime. AVP was the choice of the Robert B.

Attached Files:

17. BadAtGoodminton

Student
    not gonna lie: I think I have grown on the AVP substantially. I think it's because of its head evenness.

18. boomrang

boomrang New Member

Thanks Carbonex. That's helpful and thanks for the images.
    Wondering if the price for AV pro2 and AVP was the same what would be your pick and why ?
    A seller here in Australia has AVpro2 for sale at the same price as I could get the AVP for.

19. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

Which ASTROX77 do you have, 3U or 4U ? And how old is your AVP, I noticed that the old ones are stiffer. I realy like them and don't like new ones.

20. Carbonex_7

AV pro 2, better spec with 50T shaft