appearance of ardy wiranata edmonton

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by yonexfanatic, Jul 24, 2003.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    HEY, sound like u guys know Austin, is this the Austin Liaw (spelling on the last name) that you had mentioned?. I met him few times when he came down to calgary for tournaments. Too bad most calgarian players don't post here much as compared to players from vancouver, edmonton and toronto.

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Hey cooler,

yeah, that's the austin we're talking about. He played in the alberta series tournament just recently as well. He's not into badminton as much anymore..at least I don't think he is..but he's still got his game.

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    St. Albert club...

You know what? I have no idea... I only joined for sunday afternoons and only because I heard about it first from Murphy. But Chang and Jonathan plays there occasionally too, you might wanna ask them when you see them.

BTW, how are the sessions at CBC? Any good competition? More importantly... any good looking babes there? ;)

#23 cappy75, Jul 31, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  4. coupii

coupii Regular Member

Physician
    Hehe, looks like cappy has his priorities straight. This is turning into an Edmonton thread. I'm back in town, two and a half weeks now, and I haven't played in over a month so I'm really itching to get back into it. I'll be at CBC tomorrow night with yonexfanatic. Really want to see Ardy Wiranata play though, when's the next time he's going to be here?

5. mg27

mg27 Regular Member

Hey guys:

That Cappy75 is talking behind my back again. Gonna have to fix him tomorrow.
    Anyhoo, yeah there's three clubs going on Sundays at Concorida, Tue/Fri at Concordia (run by a Northgate people) and then there's CBC.

I thought Cappy was a girl :D But when I say the 75 it gave it away.

Congrats on Winning the B event. Hope to play against you one of these days. Juist remember take it easy on us old farts.

mg27

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i got off topic a bit, lets not deviate even more:)

7. yonexfanatic

Re: St. Albert club...

I dunno...the competition was never at the standards of such clubs like IBC and Castledowns..however, I like going to CBC during the summer because it's more "fun" and "relaxing" instead of the competitive atmosphere I'm always around, namely my competitive training and what not.

lol...about the babes, i keep my eyes open if there's a young girl out there for me, haahha..better not get off topic like cooler mentioned above this post..

8. yonexfanatic

Yeah, it should be fun tomorrow...like i mentioned, it's not as "competitive" as IBC..but there should be a few players that are can give us a game..there's actually two sisters that could give us a really good game.

anyways, about ardy, the next alberta series in edmonton is in october...and I'm not quite sure whether or not he's going to be here for that tourny...considering he's a coach at the Glencoe, he might be busy at that time of year.

9. yonexfanatic

Thanks for the info mg27...maybe i'll stop by one of these sundays.. for teh st. albert club is it not? cappy's been telling me there's some goood games over there.

sry for the triple post..this might be getting off topic again..but thanks a lot..i actually didn't think i could win B doubles with my partner but ti's all good..i hope to win singles sometime in the near future..:D

10. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    yonexfanatic,

Did you say... SISTERS?! I am so there! Heh! Kiddings aside, I am hoping to catch Ardy again when he's back in town. Pros are such fun to watch... make one inspire to just go out and play afterwards. Winning singles? You're on your way...

#30 cappy75, Jul 31, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  11. yonexfanatic

yeah, i actually have the games of ardy and some other A players taped.. the video's a good tool to view what the A players are doing..how they move across the court, do their shots..good learning tool..

about sisters...uhh...that's NOT right, ahha..one's already got a bf and they're both way older than me, lol..

12. mg27

mg27 Regular Member

Hey YonexF.

Yeah it's the St.Albert club, Naeem that runs the Sundays, at Concordia. If there weren't enough people just head over to Nait in an hour.

You're talking about the Wong sisters right?

Anyways, I'd love to get the tapes from your Dad. Are they VHS-C tapes or I could give you some tapes to record. Whichever.

Yeah, it was great watching Ardy play in the Men Doubles. I missed the singles on Friday. Like Cappy said, the net shots were awesome as well the cross-court drops.

I have a video taped match with Ardy in it (prob. from the 90's) with long hair. Can't remember who was his opponent, but I think he lost the match. I'll have to check it again. Anyways, it's always good to see top rank players or (ex-nationals) play.

13. yonexfanatic

hey mg27,

What time does the St. Albert club start on sunday? and how much is the drop in fee? Maybe i'll drop in the sunday after this coming one.

Yeah, i'm talking about the Wong sisters..they always give me and whoever my partner is a decently good game.

Well..it's not tape(s)..just one tape, hahah..but yeah, it includes a ton of A player games (doubles and singles) and also has me on there,:p ..if you really want, i could lend u the tape..or you can just give me a video and i could record it for you.. but at the moment, i've lent it out to my other friend and i probably won't get it back till mid august.

14. mg27

mg27 Regular Member

Hey YF:

It starts at 2 and ends at 5 PM. I don't know the drop-in fee, prob $ 4 or 5. Yeah no rush on the tape. Whenever, I see you or you dad the next time.

mg27