Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by SuperBird, Oct 13, 2009.
Here are info on Club for new members:
I did not know if you are now working "full-time" in ABC.
All inquiries were answered in less than 24-hr.
..can simply click:
Facebook & Badminton Central & You-Tube & Playing badminton can be an addiction: Rudy: I am Jobless: Just having fun and making my days meaningful. Beside that, I am on the computer most of the days doing my studying questions Bank. So, that how i spend my break time.
Hope you enjoy the Video, need to finish the 2nd half & hopefully DVD be ready by Sunday.
Simple Click in fine print & More clicks for more INFO & More clicks for useful INFO..........
ONE Click---One Page---w/Everything......... Save a few micro watts of brain power & frustration.
^^Yes & No..^^
- It's helpful if the website is down (for any reason) & people are looking for infos.
- The infos shown are not "everything". There are more infos in the website (whether they're less important or not).
- If there are updates to the club and/or to the websites, in the future, one has to update the infos on this thread as well. Not automatic.
*I heard from William, they're planning to add another court (from the existing storage area w/fencelink).
Singles Challenge Court
There will have a court designated for SINGLES only. Some younger members like to play Singles.
I wish to have a National Champ grow up in Arcadia, CA.
Cool, SINGLES only court! Good idea. I would definitely play on it, since most evenings, it's too crowded to get a singles game going. Plus, I like singles game...
^^Couple of scenarios..^^
- I'm sure there are other players who would like to play Singles exclusively, so the Singles only court might also be crowded when you want to play..
- Also, unless you have a reg. partner who likes to play Singles, you'll have to find/ask someone who wants to play Singles and not many players would want to play..
Singles Challenge Court
1. for Singles fanatic. We alreay have 4 players in this sub-forum - Rudy; AerotusX; SuperBird; Wm.
2. Depends on the demand, can always drop if nobody play Singles. Or vice versa, we can always put more courts with diff. levels.
3. I wish to have a Singles Champ grown from our club by playing more Singles.
4. A Singles Ladder will eventually be formed.
5. You'll be amazed by seeing actually quite a lot of younger players want to play Singles cause playing Doubles you have to be good in placements with your partners.
Thanks for your input.
I'm in for singles
You can limit the singles challenge court to 1 game of 21, winner stays. The winner can play a maximum # of consecutive games, after which, next 2 players in the queue will play.
^^As a matter of fact..^^
..me and a few other players tried something similar to what you suggested, last week.
What we did instead was, 1 game, scoring pts will be up to 10 pts, no deuce. Winner stays and waits for the next player. So, it's almost like a rotational format. Whoever wins 3 straight games (30 pts) is the overall winner. The overall winner can stay and continue on or can sit out and the rotation starts all over again. And the cycle continues.
It's quick, wait time not very long & very fun indeed.
William, i think there are more BC members who want to play Singles (i know B@dEyes (Le), Viper2005 (Paul) loves to play Singles; other non-forum members like Hegel/Michael loooves to play Singles, i think he prefers it more than Doubles).
Singles is more fun cos one gets to control the court more. At the same time those who want to train their stamina/fitness can do so.
The Ladder System is a good idea, the least it can make the Singles challenge more attractive & fun.
Thanks Chris and n..813 for your input. The Ladder will start after my trip to Hong Kong. I am going to cheer for Howard and Tony with 7 more friends from USA.
I could see..
..a future MS National champion in Vinson Chiu (the young lad wearing a yellow tees in the Superbird's Singles 2 tourney video). Depends also on how dedicated he trains and commits to the sport. Although i know he's not a local lad, he plays and trains @ ABC.
Sometimes me and my friends play the same way. King of the court style, play til you lose. Goal is to beat everyone with out a loss. Going "Around the world!!!"
I'm in for Singles
so there is a singles challenge court at abc now? how crowded usually?
Nope, not really...haven't seen one setup yet
..the storage area w/fence link is still there. No new work. No new Singles court, yet.
o I thought one of the current courts was going to be used for the singles court, not like a singles court is entirely different from the current courts...
guess it will be up when manager returns?