Arcsaber 10, or other possible singles racquet? Shying away from head-heavy

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jonster, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    My doubles go-to racquet is the Voltric Z-Force 4U. I wanted something head-heavy. A racquet with decent smash potential while still allowing for maneuverability and capable of relatively fast exchanges. I love the Z-Force 4U, it is awesome for what I want it for.

I was at on-court practice today and played a match at the very end. Because I do not have a defined 'singles' racquet, I used my Z-Force. Reflecting on my game, I felt it lacked in the power department. It seemed to swing relatively fast, there was not much meat in the hit. I assume this is the loss of power for the maneuverability.

I am pondering the possibility of picking up a racquet or two that I would use for singles. I have used the Voltric 80 3U but I remember my wrist being sore the next day. That was over a year ago though but I am shying away from head-heavy. I am looking at possibly going with something even-balanced. I'm open to any suggestions although deep-down I know I am biased towards Yonex. The Arcsaber 10 perhaps? Do you think I would be able to get that much more oomph in my smash at the 3U weight?

Are there any difference between the Arcsaber 10 (Red), PG, and PE in terms of specs/playability? I do not like the white Peter Gade colour scheme. I like the Red colourt scheme the most, followed by the Premium edition.

I feel like I can sacrifice the maneuverability of the racquet for more power.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    eh.. VT-ZF supposed to be a single racket, and it IS a head heavy racket
    arcsaber is more of all around, it is an even balance racket

I don't see how you could get more power if you cannot get that power from a head heavy racket such as VT-ZF
    maybe just go for the 3U version of it

3. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I know the Voltric Z-Force, perhaps the 3U version, is a pretty decent singles racquet. I may not have expressed myself well enough. I get decent power from the racquet, and I like it because of that power but at the same time, it is light enough for me at 4U to get the swing speed or reaction I need to play doubles. I do not have a problem with the head-heavy balance of the Voltric Z-Force (4U) at all. In fact, I really like it.

My problem is with the lightness of the racquet in regards to power that you sacrifice. After-all, it is my go-to racquet for doubles. I guess I am wondering marginally how much more power I would get if I would switch to say, an Arcsaber 10 or a 3U racquet. It does not have to be an Arcsaber 10 I suppose, but a 3U Even-balance to Head-heavy racquet. I need something that can give me that extra oomph to smash past my opponents.