As I See It..(from Pemuda)..

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by ctjcad, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

issit really so important to know who actually banned him? typical boleh-land ppl attitude where usually they will address the small and unimportant matters but fail to see the big and more important picture.

- it does not matter that PEMUDA's ban-ner is a boleh-ppl or not, but it is the whimpering, and wails from them that got the mod to ban the insightful, wise and no-holds-barred PEMUDA.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    No holds barred is one thing. But disrespect to fellow forummers, fans, badminton players and officials is another.

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What can you or me or Pemuda do to influence the state of badminton in Malaysia? We are just fans. The least we can do is be civil with one another.

4. pralinescream

of course we cannot do anything much unless u r really really passionate and committed.
    try to see it from his/her pov. wld u get irritated if the ppl in front of u juz chant praises and simply cannot comprehend/understand simple matters?

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, get irritated. But respond in a cool, calm and logical manner. People who "juz chant praises and simply cannot comprehend/understand simple matters" tend to be more emotional people anyway. The last thing you want to do is get them even more emotional. What Pemuda accomplished is not only to get them more emotional but to drag in otherwise more rational forummers as well. When irritated, his only outlet seems to be to irrirate other people more.

To repeat, it's not his points that I have a problem with. Lots of us agree with at least some of his points. It's how he delivers his points.

#85 hcyong, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  6. pralinescream

yeah, i agree with ur point.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fully agree with hcyong's comments....well delivered and points are all valid!

The key is NOT ABOUT HIS POINTS! I believe most MAS fans here will agree to his comments about BAM and Malaysian Badminton in general.

It's more to his behavior and response towards others who did not agree to his comments.

#87 badMania, May 23, 2010
  8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i was reading your post and trying to understand it and i thought you might make a mistake in your typo that's the reason i ask for your clarification and not to question your opinion/judgement:cool:

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not to mention firing insulting comments about a MAS junior badminton player (and a fellow BC member who tried to defend the player) when he got the fact wrong about the player in the first place!

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Again, I would like to reiterate that I am not a Malaysian nor I am a fan of any MAS Players.

I actually beg to differ in response to the highlighted comments. In contrast, I feel that most of the MAS fans here have suffered long time for lack of success and they certainly have criticized the general state of MAS badminton in their own way. See for example limsy's constant criticism of Rashid Sidek and the treatment of MAS junior players; or ant's comments post the Thomas Cup SF defeat). Even a hard-core LCW fan like X-Ball could not stand it anymore and fired his own assessment of the performance of the MAS players.

If they are not concerned or they are spoilt by the limited success of their players or think that MAS players are the best, I don't think they will respond in such a manner.

#90 badMania, May 23, 2010
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

it takes 2 to tango..

..when there's an argument, even if it leads to a member or members getting banned, it takes 2 to tango...remember the incident during the 2008 OG, i believe it involved not only 1 person but 2 people...
    all i can say is, abt Pemuda getting banned, there are details and things we don't know but only the mods/kwun know...at the end of the day, they are the only ones who can "judge"/ban people..

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    OK, I accept their judgement :)

13. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Touche!!! Couldnt have said it better myself

14. OldBadFan

OldBadFan Regular Member

Contractor
    make friends not foes

I just couldn't understand why humans can hold on to petty differences and grudges for so long. Just ponder over this:

If you don't fan; the fire won't grow,
    When there's no fire; there shall be no smoke,

And the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

In terms of opinion/point of view of an individual, there can never be an absolute form. There shall always be concurring and contradicting viewers. If it's not agreeable why not just ignore it instead of going into a red hot argument? If the inclination is there to proof a point why not tolerate some room for the pride of both parties? Nonetheless, it's always wiser to compliment an agreeable post than to criticize a contradictory one. In this case, the resultant conversation shall always be a friendly one. And if there's nothing good to say, it's always the best policy to say nothing.

As a newbie then, I was curious enough to have read some threads involving Pemuda. Most were fiery and war zone like. I've considered myself wise enough not to stand between those cross firing lines. But to be fair, Pemuda wasn't the main culprit. He is human too. His views can neither be any better nor worse than any of us. Guilt has to be with the provocateur too.

After a while of non existence in this forum, Pemuda resurfaces again with an article, albeit through another BC member, giving an account of his predicament. Whether the contents within that article are acceptable or not, it's up to the viewer. The irony is, the mere presence of his name arouses another series of unfriendly bombardments including that of a mod (yes a mod) too.

To speak my guts out, I'm still seeing posts (even from mod and admin too) that are nasty and offensive, but how on earth did I not see these posters get banned? Bearing in mind that there's no rule for language proficiency and the content/s of a post requires viewer's discretion, using tit for tat as a rationale for banning is unfair. IMO; Judging by the predicament Pemuda was in and his sincerity in explaining himself; I see a fan, a big ardent fan of this forum indeed. It's a pity he had been banned.

To see that he still keeps in touch with some our fellow BC member, I have a feeling that he had wished for peace and be recognized as a decent member as well as a friend too. Would anyone set aside those petty differences and accept him back again is yet to be seen. Who knows, because this world is so small, anyone of us may chance upon meeting Pemuda in person. I for one would definitely wish to meet him as a friend rather than a foe.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is different between talk only and talk+action
    me myself is the latter;)

badmania
    just relax and take it easy
    u cant explain something to someone who will tired after read tru 2 pages
    he/she wont get the whole image
    he/she will only able to saw maybe 5%of the real picture
    which mean
    he/she might think that was a dot
    but it was a leopard;)
    thanks anyway

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No point saying all these now as Pemuda is not around or being banned. He got his BAN. What else do you guys want? Its already over now. He has his points and he has his weaknesses. We are all human after all. Personally i dont know what extend or kind of damage he has done since there are no "evidence". But im sure Kwun is wise enough to ban a person. Im sure he have no choice but to ban Pemuda in whatever that Pemuda has done to fellow BC members or Forum.

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I still don't get what's up with people saying Boleh-people are still living in an illusion. All of us knows our player's weaknesses, and I as a Malaysian would still be proud of my players. What should I do if my players lost? Bash them? :rolleyes: If our players have been consistently winning and they lost easily to a better opponent, should I do that? (should my thoughts be only about that one match, or two matches [OG])

Some people still don't get the fact that the thing about Pemuda is not because we feel offended by his point, just like what hcyong mentioned.

Oh, case closed already... :p

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Just an idea on punishment. Why not call it an offence that merits a sending off to the sin-bin to serve his serious foul? After a period at the sin-bin he returns rehabilitated. They do this in rugby, and it makes sense.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think the forum has a temporary ban. I dont know in what sense/scenario that a person will get a life ban. Thats like a death sentence. Of course he/she can always reincarnate with a different name.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i hope one day Pemuda comes back (refreshed & toned down) and who knows, reincarnates as, i mean uses a new username of.....Pemudi..

#100 ctjcad, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.