Ashaway Phantom X-Fire or X-Speed?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ownz.uno, Oct 1, 2017.

1. jriblaze

jriblaze Regular Member

Ordered from KL branch. They have both at the moment. Each 2 pcs. Limited stock.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DD using Tapatalk

2. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Dropped by Nikman yesterday to restring my X-Speed and Nanoray 900 both with zymax 66 fire power at 28 tension. Didn't think of getting any new racket cos wanted to try out the new string at higher tension. Was a tempting 40 min wait cos they have many new models from Ashaway. Lol. But no xfire on hand though. 2 new models caught my attention - Ashaway Phantom Superlight and Ashaway Aerospeed 75 both at rm199 (incl string n grip). Both are 5u (75g) and head heavy (305mm). The Superlight i was told follows the specs of Bravesword 12. The Aerospeed felt more solid and slightly head heavier even though the specs stated on both rackets are the same. The design and color of the Aerospeed was almost identical to X-Speed with yellow and black. Looks very nice. Hahah...so at the end, I bought the Aerospeed. Dry swing with string felt nice, not too light, not too heavy. Had a few strokes yesterday with my daughter and the sound that came off was a nice "twangggg". :)) Gonna be trying it out for a few high intensity game tonite.

3. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

my x-speed is really nice in drive and def, mid court & front area but really lacking rear court power. i'm not normally a hard hitter but can feel my smash more weak in rear court with x-speed.

x-fire is the solution?

4. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Yes, X-Fire is definitely much more effective for hard smashing. It just feels so easy to whip out those powerful smashes from any part of the court. Since my X-fire broke, I've tried my X-Speed and Aerospeed on 2 tournaments. None of them come close to X-Fire. Even my wife noticed my smashes are lacking the sting. :-((

5. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

how about responsive in drive, def and front court area. I honestly really enjoy superb def with x-speed responsiveness.

6. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Due to XF's slight head heaviness (not as heavy as AVP), drives, defense and front court is quite easy. It's like the momentum of the head helps you hit these shots with much ease. Whereas i find XS i need more strength for every shot, even though it takes less effort to swing.

7. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

When you bring AVP into topic, I can understand much clear.
    I have AVP and I don't like it :D

Really need to try XF though.

8. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Commonwealth Games mixed team event now Msia vs England. The English woman singles player is using X-Fire. ✌

9. Barney87

Barney87 New Member

Just bough my Ashaway Phantom X-fire II today, didn't have a chance to try it yet, but something is strange in the specs. Written on the side of the racket the balance point was the same (287mm) for the x-fire and for the x-speed as well, while the x-fire was noticeably more head heavier.

10. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Yes, I have an X-Fire and X-Speed 2, the specs stated on the racket is exactly the same, but in reality both are very different. X-Fire is more head heavy and stiffer, while X-Speed 2 is more balanced. I still prefer X-Fire over X-Speed 2.

11. Barney87

Barney87 New Member

I've had Voltric Z-force 2 before the X-fire 2, but it is nowhere near as head heavy as the Voltric was. Only tried for 2-3 matches so far, but I'm impressed, although have to get used to it for a bit longer.

12. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Any idea where to get those in KL except from Nikman? They have no stock

13. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Go to Etakoh Sports at Pertama Complex. Their price is cheaper and has more choices. You can check out their Facebook page.

14. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

PM me how much you pay for x speed 2, thanks.

15. Amrish

Amrish Regular Member

Service
    so all the experts out there....XFire or XFire 2 should be preferred in 2018 ? XFire 2 is costing 7800 whereas XFire I can get in 6700 (only for today) otherwise its available from 7200 to 7500.

confused whether to buy 2018 edition or old gen should suffice. Currently using X Speed gen 1 :)

16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

People said gen 1 is better.. more beef..

17. Amrish

Amrish Regular Member

Service
    But i heard that they have reinforced the frame to make the smashes more effective

Guess i will have to try the gen 1 only for now...

18. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I had the gen 1 X-Fire, until the frame broke due to clash with another racket. It was one of the best rackets for doubles that I have tried. The frame isn't too heavy or light but provides enough force and sturdiness for some hard smashing. It was very good at defending too.

19. Amrish

Amrish Regular Member

Service
    Update
    Ordered the gen 1 X Fire...should get it by this weekend.....planning to string it with Zymax 66Fire Power if i get them

20. Amrish

Amrish Regular Member

Service
    Update
    Got the racket on weekend......the racket is 4U and not 3U....should be able to get it strung by the coming weekend......are we sure this comes in 3U ? Or maybe in India we dont have 3U

I am starting to wonder o_O

My X Speed is also 4U only