Badminton courts in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'India' started by suram, May 1, 2009.

1. RamHyd

RamHyd Regular Member

IT
    Hi Chandrapal.
    There is a new sports complex at Chandanagar which has badminton along with other indoor sports.
    Not sure of the exact location, but hope this helps you.
    Best regards,
    Ram

2. chandrapal

chandrapal Regular Member

Software engg
    hai to all.. this is chandrapal.. i am new to hyd..i came from banglore recently and i am an s\w enggg..i am living at KPHB,NEAR RS brothers.
    i am looking for a court near by me......plz provide the details.....waiting for u r's rep...........

thanking uuuu

3. chandrapal

Software engg
    ya Ram..thankz..
    provide the details if possible.. & i have to know near my place.

4. chandrapal

Software engg
    Hi...
    this is chandrapal... i looking for badminton court near KPHB.. R u found any one ... Plz let me know on this number...9885278441

5. cpk_27

cpk_27 New Member

S/W Engg
    Hello All - I'm Pankaj and I have gone through these thread patiently and one thing that comes distinctly in all these posts is the lack of badminton courts in Hyderabad and I might have an answer to most of you.

I'm currently toying up with an idea of building some indoor badminton courts ( say 2 -4 courts to start with) in KPHB,Sardar Patel Nagar Colony ( next to JNTU University,NizamPet Road) which I would like to rent it out for all enthusiastic badminton players on a monthly basis.It is here that I might need help from all you folks and any suggestions to improve the badminton playing experience worthy ,I would like them to hear from you folks.

For eg : What kind of facilities are you expecting in terms of courts ? I'm currently planning synthetic courts of the highest quality since wooden courts are very expensive to start with.

What is the monthly fee folks here are ready to shell out ? I'm ready to have the courts available until 9 PM in the evening with proper lighting facilities so that folks coming from offices can also de-stress themselves on the courts.Preferable timing Morn 6 - 9 Am and evening 4-9 PM.

What are the other amenities would you be looking for apart from the playing courts ? eg. Juice Bar,Shower Rooms,Locker rooms etc.. Extra Amenities means extra cost so the question is how many of you are ready to shell out extra money.

I would appreciate if you guys can give me your suggestions for the questions that I have posed for and also for the ones that I might not have which would help me decide whether my idea of setting up play courts is worthwhile or not .I shouldn't end up in losses later.Please send me your responses @pankaj.chinnakotla@gmail.com

6. RamHyd

RamHyd Regular Member

IT
    Dear Chandrapal,
    The GHMC Sports complex is in Shanti nagar area of Chanda Nagar.
    I'm still trying to find out where exactly this is.
    Please check around in the Chanda nagar area.
    Ram

7. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Its a brilliant idea and if you could bring it out to reality nothing like it.A few pointers:

1.Wood is not that expensive to lay,but yes maintaining it could be a problem especially with rains and termites
    2.If synthetic make sure the investment is done on the hova courts and nothing less.
    3.As for pricing,the present memberships all around are in the range of INR 500 to INR750 permnth,anything in that range should be fine in my opinion
    4.I dont think the juice bars etc would really add value to the proposition as the city is starved for badminton courts at the moment,people who look for the juices and cafetarias would end up in other places.
    5.I would suggest to keep it simple with just courts and clean washrooms.
    6.If its a feasible idea,then I would suggest that instead of having three courts,have the courts in two levels(three courts on the ground level) and three courts in the 1st floor)
    7.Else have the courts in the 1st floor and u could use the ground floor for a gym and a small cafe selling the essentials.
    8.you would have to find someone passionate to be there during the hours,to make sure there is no groupism and politics,else the place would just go the same way the upteen other places in the city have gone
    9.Do not go for those bright halogens,stick to the normal tube lights as the halogen generate a lot of heat and the power bills are going to be huge.tuble lights are easy to replace and provid the right kind of lighting for semi-professionals and amateurs.
    10.get an inhouse badminton accesories store open so that people who come to play there are able to buy things there itself,make sure you stock up on genuine stuff at reasonable prices.that is the reason why people still go to the sunshine store at gachibowli all the way from secunderabad.

more on your email

8. chandrapal

Software engg
    Good Idea man.......

Hi Pankaz.......

Its an good idea...plz inform me when u r going to registering the memberahip.

i am on 9885278441.

9. cpk_27

cpk_27 New Member

S/W Engg
    Ranjit , thxs for your pointers and I would appreciate if you could provide me your emaild Id or contact # so that I can take this discussion further.

10. rosepetals

rosepetals Regular Member

Events
    Inter Corporate Badminton Tournament on 5th & 6th November 2011 at PJR Indoor Stadium, Chandanagar. For details, please mail to sports@rosepetals.in or call @ 9642699877.

11. ranjitp1

ranjitp1 Regular Member

Telecommn Professional
    Hyderabad-GHMC Trishul Open @ Ameerpet Courts

The 2011,GHMC Open would be conducted on 14th & 15th Nov,2011 at Ameerpet Courts.For registrations you can either contact Venugopal at GHMC courts in Ameerpet(opposit foodworld) or Kamlesh Jain at Manju Sports-Secunderabad 98491-80350 / 65217614.Entry Fees INR 100 for Singles and INR 200 for Doubles(I am not sure of the fees).Last Date for entries is 9th Nov,2011.

12. saikamal88

saikamal88 New Member

student
    hi everybody,
    my name is kamal.i stay in rtc cross roads....i would like to know whether there are any indoor badmintons courts nearby....also i tried in bengalee badminton court near indira park and that requires 4 to 6 people and the timings are free only from 9am to 4pm(one hr we can play)and monthly 2000.is any one interested....can join me or can i join any group? waiting for anyone's reply

13. krrao

krrao New Member

Engineer
    Hi All,
    I am looking for a place and people to play near Dilsukhnagar. I am available either in morning or evening. I play decently well. I rate myself as above average player. Interested in joining a group too.
    --
    Warm Regards,
    Raghu.

14. saikamal88

saikamal88 New Member

student
    hi krrao sir,
    where in dilsukhnagar? will u tell in detail? actually near indira park we can play and that requires 4 to 6 people and the timings are free only from 9am to 4pm(one hr we can play)and monthly 2000

15. vijayreddy80

vijayreddy80 New Member

Hi Krrao/Raghu,
    We do play badminton everyday in Friends shuttle association court daily. It is located beside Vijaya Diagnostic centre lane in dilsuknagar. Ofcourse, it is outdoor, but the courts are well maintained.
    I am also looking to play in indoor/wooden floored courts. They charge 1000 rs as admission and 300 rs /month for maintenance(shuttles included). I am trying in Saroor Nagar stadium, but seems like it is not an easy task to get in. If you can find somebody who can get us in, I can join you. Do let me know if you need company. I can make it any time.
    Thanks,
    Vijay

16. saikamal88

saikamal88 New Member

student
  17. srixlnc

srixlnc Regular Member

banker
    Hi, can u please provide the details abt the badminton court near habsiguda. u can reach me at sridhar.0409@gmail.com. awaiting your reply.

18. srixlnc

srixlnc Regular Member

banker
    Hi, I wud be interested in the indoor/wooden courts. I get time only on weekends. please let me knw more details. please get back to me at sridhar.0409@gmail.com / 9948455066
    Sridhar

19. suman.00720

suman.00720 New Member

Pod Lead
    Hi ,
    I stay at Near by Miyapur Talkie town .

Can anyone suggest best badminton courts near by .

And How many of you guys go to chanda nagar Courts . What is the cost of membership over there .

And if anyone is going , we can form a group and play regularly in those courts .

Thanks & Cheers
    Suman Nageswar Rao

20. suman.00720

suman.00720 New Member

Pod Lead
    Hi ,

Can anyone give a Heads up on all the local badminton tournaments that will be held in Hyderabad in this year 2012 .

It will be very very helpful , so that we can prepare . Advance thanks and Likesss:)

Thanks & Cheers
    Suman Nageswar Rao