Badminton for Kids (Midtown Toronto -York) ...?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Ashraf77, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Ashraf77

Ashraf77 New Member

Hi
    I really appreciate any advice or guidance.
    My 10 years old son really loves Badminton. I tried several clubs like Lee's , E-Badminton, Mandarin Badminton. But unfortunately it is either too far from us, or impossible to accommodate his school schedule. We recently moved to Toronto (forest hill area near midtown Toronto) from Saskatoon where he played a lot and won some trophies for provincial championships. I even thought of training him in any school gym after school hours.
    All I want is to keep him on track and not to lose his passion for the game.
    Appreciate any feedback.

2. CRZ-ZF1

CRZ-ZF1 Regular Member

Unfortunately most of the competitive clubs (ie the ones you named plus others) are north of Toronto. These clubs have high level coaches and high rank players playing regularly.

If you are planning to train your son to provincial rank players to win trophies, the fastest way will be training and playing against these athletes at the high level clubs. Upon the coach assessment, your son will likely to be put in a team via team training, which mean you have to follow the team training schedule. Most of the competitive team training take place immediately after school hours or weekend day time.

If it is just keeping you son interested for the game, you got some options such as hiring local badminton coach that are willing to travel to do private classes near your location, or play club nights within local community (or a at badminton club), or just book court at these clubs to play with your son during the non-training time.