Badminton improvment

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Lau314, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    So you do arrive early..

I agree it might be difficult to approach a T1.

How about doing this? You are arriving early so do some shadow routines for footwork and warmup, some skipping and practice those long serves to reach the back tramlines 8 or 9 times out of ten serves.

stanleyfm likes this.
  2. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    I agree with what other people said. If you really are "hungry" and your coaches perception of you is you aren't, you need to prove it. I have no natural badminton skill but I have grit and a huge desire to play so I would always be there early and stay late. I'd run and pick up shuttles while still breathing heavily from the training (and not take a minute to wipe down my face like others do) and not take a break. When my coach asks me if I'm tired I always say "no" regardless of how I actually feel and if we do take a break I call HIM back to the court after a minute or two, haha.

But you need to do it for you, not for your coach or your T1 teammates. You have to arrive early because YOU want to do some training yourself. You gotta run and pick up and training birdies because YOU can do it quicker and you don't want to waste time. You gotta stay in a game and never let people say "no" to playing with you because YOU want to. Not because you want your coach to see you or because you want to advance to T1.

And don't worry of feel nervous about approaching a T1 player. Sure, maybe they are bored playing you. Maybe it is easy. Maybe you are embarrassed. But who cares? Embarrass yourself! They don't need to be your best friends. They can spare a game or two and you can improve. And not taking no for an answer will also show your drive and dedication.

Cheung, darrengsaw and guitar_pic like this.