Badminton: Misbun fears Taufik more than Lin Dan

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ixory, Jul 29, 2007.

1. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

There is the possibility that this "someone" miscalculated and Misbun is just blindly using the data, right? Anyway it just a minor issue. I am just saying it's no big deal if Misbun miscalculated.

I didn't say Misbun is already a great coach. It depends on the performance of LCW in the following few weeks.

LCW is not strong enough to pick a "lower position", many players besides LD and TH can have real threat to him (In contrast, for example, for LD the only real threats are TH and LCW. But for LD, lose in QF or lose in SF do not make much difference, his only goal is the champion). So No. 2, or if possible, No. 1 is still his best choice. And Misbun is just comparing LD and TH from his own perspective, I don't see anything wrong.

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    That's the typical example of misunderstanding mathematics.

Winning one in Sudirman is 7,000+ points, Winning 2 is 8,000+ point. Wining 3,4, even all possible is still 8,000+ points.

From Lin Dan's view, we cannot say he's wrong in Mathematics, he just try to maximize his points while minimize others, including teammates as many as possible. He even said, his teammates lose nothing without playing because they can get even more points in the WC. That's ridiculous!

But for LYB, it is a typical example of misunderstanding mathematics. How can CJ, CY, BCL missing those 7,000+ points and gain in the future from Lin Dan. Even Lin Dan let them win, you know, even in the super series, it's just about 1,000 points.

What can I say, they are all cheated by Lin dan, including you. ;):rolleyes::D

#202 2cents, Aug 2, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think we go too deep for this matter...Misbun has a right to say whose player he is fearing...if we talk to him...I am sure he will explain WHY....
    Lets wait for next 10 days when WC starts...
    Honestly...if even the coaches or players know the ranking system...it does not mean if they participate, they will be in higher position...you may lose 1st or 2nd round then lower ranking players play better in A or B tounaments, he will be ahead of you...so you may say that you can try to get the ranking position as you wish...

For example..my good friend, yayuk basuki ( tennis player) also trying to qualify for certain tournaments by playing more..but she did not go futher in those tournaments as other players ( whose ranking were lower than her) surpass her and qualify for certain tournaments thus she had to play qualifying rounds....

I think it is hard for me to explain in this forum...just too long to type...hehe

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

At least, from this tiny error, we found out that Malaysia as a team, (not limited to Misbun), lacking the depth in calculating.

So when he confide his calculating other players, we don't need to take it seriously.

#204 2cents, Aug 2, 2007
  5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

But keep this in mind. What if LYB fielded CJ, BCL and they lost? That would be a disaster. If you remember, LD claimed after his injury that he may miss the Sudirman cup, and LYB soon refuted that, confirming that LD will play.

And furthermore, if LYB fielded CJ and CJ lost, it is LYB's fault, because he did not field the stronger player LD. But if LYB fielded LD and lost, it is LD's fault. In fact we have all seen the latter situation happened in the Sudirman cup.

#206 ye333, Aug 2, 2007
  7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

My point is that cannot calculate well doesn't mean Misbun does not have good judgment regarding badminton. These two issues are irrelevant.

By the way personally I disagree with him regarding who between TH and LD are a bigger threat to LCW in this particular WC. My guess is that Misbun just likes TH's style more, which compared to LD's style is much more similar to his own style. Or maybe he is just trying to boost LCW's confidence against LD.

#207 ye333, Aug 2, 2007
  8. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Even Sony and Kenneth went to play.

There are 4 opponents: Poompat, Smith, Park and Lee CW.

The only one difficult to win was Lee CW, and Lin Dan lost.

CJ or Bao lost to poompat, Smith and Park? Even that had happend, China could still won 4:1 instead of 5:0.

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think LYB knew beforehand that Poompat instead of Boonsak will play. Remember LYB's comment after the match? And Smith is actually a good player, very powerful. BP, Smith, Park: I would say they do have certain chance beating either CJ or BCL.

And please pay attention to my second paragraph. When is the last time we heard LYB sincerely blaming himself? I don't remember. As I said, if he lets CJ or BCL play, there is possibility that he may be blamed. But if he let LD play, he can push everything onto LD. And this just happened, right? He blamed LD and LD only for his loss to LCW.

11. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Correction, more french speaking in Quebec Province - Montreal city. :)

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is why it's hard to debate with some of u because u guys invent new excuses on the fly when the old ones(ie." Let's say Misbun is illiterate, can do 1+1.") get quashed.

#212 cooler, Aug 2, 2007
  13. USAfan

USAfan Regular Member

NewsMedia
    Totally agree, if LCW wins the WC2007, he should be recognised as the best player till the next WC. He will be considered as the current champion regardless if he wins again in the next tournament. As for best player in the world, that will be determined by history. Hopefully, all of us will be here on BC to give that evaluation when LCW hangs up his racquet.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

In sudirman LYB can't be blamed for losing MS title, doesn't this proves he's pretty good in mathematical reasoning? When people complained that LYB manipulated outcome on certain china vs china matches, isn't this also evidence of LYB's math at play?

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't see why you quote my post. I am not the one blaming LYB's math.

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Your attack of me is near ridiculous. I am just giving possible reasons why Misbun would say what he said (TH bigger threat than LD to LCW). Now if you think that's ridiculous, give me your analysis. And mind you, I am not agreeing with Misbun. :confused:

I don't think I was trying to find excuses for anyone in the post you quoted. Also if you say " Let's say Misbun is illiterate, can do 1+1." (there is a typo here, I meant "cannot" do 1+1) is an "excuse", I am simply speechless. :eek:

17. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    *faints* *Pukes blood*

People what Misbun said is based not his gut feeling and forecasting.I dont think it does matter if LCW is at the top in the raking.I think he careless.He just want LCW to win WC..

This a very lame and useless discussion. First it was misban then LYB. totally have nothing to do with LYB..

Come on mates lets just stick to is LCW going to win WC on 19th august...

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LOL, I would not have been so sure if LCW had not shown that he could come back and play at his best again.

I like what I see and I say what I mean.:D

Good on ya, cheers.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Bon jour!

Don't let cooler lose his cool and attack us with his smattering of French! :cool:

Good day, my friend :)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

LOL, ya, it could be bloody messy:p