Badminton Rackets in Tennis Bags

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mms6a, Aug 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I wanted to get a new bag. Currently I am using a Yonex Active 6 racket bag (2013) But I find the padding in this bag like paper thin. The only bag from Yonex that has somewhat decent padding would be the Yonex Pro series (2013), but it is much costlier. Also I feel the Yonex EX bag zippers feels thin and cheap, though the Yonex JP bags are much better in this aspect.
    YTAS6B-1.jpg
    But recently I have been looking into tennis racket bags for the cheaper price, better padding and more brand and design options..

I am currently looking at the 2012 Head Maria Sharapova bags in Cream color. I really like the cream color and the gold accents. Also the shoulder straps has removable metal brass hooks and hanger, and chunky metal brass zippers.. Also has a thermal racket compartment. I am considering both the rectangular tournament bag (6 rackets) or the racket shaped combi bag (9 rackets)
    SSBAGCB-1.jpg
    SSBAGCB-5.jpg
    SSBAGCB-4.jpg

OR

SSBAG9-1.jpg
    SSBAG9-5.jpg
    SSBAG9-3.jpg
    SSBAG9-6.jpg
    SSBAG9-2.jpg

Which one of these bags would be a better choice?

Also, do these thermal lining in the bags crack overtime?

Thanks.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

That bag looks very Coach like to me.
    The thermal lining will only crack when it is exposed. From the pics it looks like there's a layer protecting it.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have thermal lining in my wilson badminton bag as well as my babolat tennis bag and i have not had them crack on me yet. as long as you don't throw anything sharp like cleats or a samurai sword into the bag, you should be ok. it should last you at least 10 years i would think.

5. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
    Why not take a look at technifibre bags? I am using one myself. Thick padding, excellent ergonomics, holds 7 rackets and the rest of my stuff like shoes, clothes etc etc beautifully. Lemme try n snap a pic tonight. :)

6. Darth vader

Darth vader Regular Member

Sith Lord
  7. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Nice, that Technifibre bag looks to be made of very nice materials as well.

Am I the only one feeling the Yonex bags are made of inferior materials compared to other tennis bags with PU exteriors, or molded exteriors or quilted exteriors lol

The only problem is that most stores near me do not have Technifibre bags widely in stock.

Also the Maria Sharapova cream colored quilted 2012 style bags (racket and rectangular tournament bags) are on ultra price drops lately due to the new 2013 model bags just launched last month of July.

I could get the above Sharapova bags for around $45 each. (much cheaper than my $60 Yonex Active 6 racket bag lol)

8. homovings

homovings New Member

i like it very much,From the pics it looks like there's a layer protecting it.thanks[​IMG]

9. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

I say.... go for it!!!

It has thermal lining, discount and a style attribute that i suppose there's an exact word for it which i'm having trouble to describe.

10. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Great, I will buy it tomorrow in the store.

Though I like the cream color, the Head font style is a little feminine looking. Lol

I guess I will be that guy on the court carrying a womans style bag

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Which store are you getting it at?

12. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
  13. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Very nice looking bag. I'm still trying to find a nice white bag like the Kason locally.

14. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The white rectangular Kason bag is nice too, but kind of rare to see people using it... Most of the times, people is using Yonex.

Maybe you can contact those HK badminton stores to see if they have a new one in stock. (I have not see any stores locally that sells Kason bags, especially since now that they are discontinued, and all the Fu and Cai gears have moved to LiNing)

15. MjölnirSlinger

:D I guess people around the court need to get used to a new view..

Go ahead, make a fashion statement..

16. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Received my Bag

Originally I got the rectangular tournament bag version, but found to be a little bit small, so I exchanged for a combi racket shaped version of the bag.

The bag can fit around 10 rackets without covers, and a shirt or two, 1 or 2 tubes of dozen feather shuttles, and even a pair of shoes (in the wide middle compartment, sitting flat on the handle side of the bag, with the badminton racket handles resting on top of the shoe. This is possible due to the height of the racket handle portion of the bag.

I received my bag recently and been using it for few days. All I can saw is WOW... The quality is definitely better than Yonex bags (Including the Active and the Pro lines) out there in terms of material, and build.

First thing I noticed is the stitching. All the lattice shaped quilted design is actually stitched to give that look. And you can slightly feel the bumps of the quilted design.

Unlike most Yonex bags, which has a "pretty" logo design side and a plain Logo design side, this Head bag has a symmetrical design which features the stitched quilted pattern and the girly stylized "Head" logo on both side of the bag.

The Head logo on both sides of the bag are all stitched on and pops out quite a bit so you can feel the text. The Head logo on the bottom of the bag however is just print transferred on like a regular Yonex bag logo.

The exterior nylon material is very finely woven, giving a velvet-like feel to it. It feels very soft and smooth, and easy to clean as the surface is smooth and dirt does not sink into the woven weaves. Cleaning it is very simple, use a damp paper towel and wipe away. Also a side note, on regular badminton bags (Yonex/Victor etc) the rubber tubing around the edges to support the bag shape is just the regular rubber finish on the outside, which dents, scratches overtime. On this Head bag, the rubber tubing has a rougher nylon wrapped on the outside of it in slightly darker cream color. Therefore, cleaning it is as simple as cleaning the rest of the bag.

The interior is lined with very soft, silky-like nylonin gold color (to match the exterior color scheme) The lining also has Maria Sharapova and her signature phrases arranged in a Louis Vuitton Monogram style all over the lining.

The Thermal compartment (Head CCT, Climate Control Technology) of the bag is lined with a thick foil material, and an extra heavy textured outer layer on top to protect the foil from cracking. The material reinforce the foil quite well, I tested by actually folding a portion of the bag and see if the foil will have a fold mark on it, and the reinforcing outer layer works well.

The metals used on the bag is thick and chunky, feels heavy and solid, excellent. All the metal zippers, strap hooks etc are made of aged gold colored brass to match the white and gold design. The zipper handles is actually curved, and it is a +1 in terms of ergonomics.

The straps are detachable, and the knitted strap feels like a Levi's imho.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the bag for the quality, design, and space. The bag height is slightly higher overall, and much more higher on the handle side compared to a Yonex bag. This way, I can stack my clothing and shoes horizontally on the racket handle side of the bag.

The bag is not as wide depth-wise as a 18 racket Head Combi nor a Yonex 12-racket bag, but it is wider than a Yonex 6-racket bag. The depth sits in the center, which I like since it is still small enough to pass narrow door corridors some of the badminton clubs have.

20130815_171237.jpg 20130815_171314.jpg 20130815_171333.jpg 20130815_171359.jpg

I highly recommend all of the bags from the Head "Maria Sharapova" range of bags. There is also 2 black colored designs in the range. One from 2010/2011, and the current Sharapova design bag that was just available last month in July.

17. MjölnirSlinger

Nice, man... adore the luggage tag.. :cool: :cool: :cool:
    From previous post, i thought the rectangular was larger than combi..

18. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Looks purdy!

19. MjölnirSlinger

Purdy?? :eek: What's that?
    Sorry, not too familiar with american/canadian slang.. :p

20. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Pretty......