Badminton Related Mini Games!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Yipom, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

I remember last Friday when i played, these people from another school was playing this kinda mini game of badminton, and i tried it, SUPER FUN! and also Very VERY Good work out. Really need to focus, and concentrate. *Not recommended for beginner players

Ok heres how the game works: (I might not be very good @ Explaining)

Equitment: 2 Birdies, Best with Nylon, (feather works too, but might be killed too fast) and everything else that u'll need to play badminton.

The game

There're 4 Players on the court, and they're all Their OWN team, so its an individual game.
    (Why 2 birdies? you'll see)

First you toss the bird up to see who goes first, whichever way the head points to, and that person will serve. and the 2nd bird, will be placed under the net, the center of the whole Court

The Service lines is ur whole box*, but from the front white line and back. You can serve anyway you want, as long as its legal.

The Server Serves, then the returner can return to anywhere of any of the other courts, other then one thats beside theirs. And this Birdie will keep goin around until its drop on the floor.

This game's Scoring system

IF you hit the bird out, or to the court beside yours u get a point. and the first to 7 loses, and someone else can go in.

and when the Bird in play is drop on the ground, who ever's box it was it, that person gets a point.

The Objective of the ground bird is to be placed onto another person's court.

If the Ground Bird have been Scooped OUT of the playing area, then once the bird in play in dead, the person who scooped it out will get a point. so the person who scooped it out will have to go and retrieve it, to put in back in the court so they won't get a point.

And when that bird in play is out of play, the person with the Ground bird in their box will also get a point.

So If the bird Drops on ur Court AND you have the Bird on ur court, you will get 2 points.

*Box - Your Area. Boundaries: from the Net to the back base line, the center line and the side outline.

this game can Easily be mod. into a doubles game.

I know this mayb be kinda Confusing, but if u have any Questions please Ask, there're probably many Typpos in here, but please try to understand this game. its really Fun. I'd thought i'll jus share this game with my fellow BFers

#1 Yipom, Aug 17, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  2. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

What i mean by scoop isn't like... scoop it in the air... it has to stay under the net.. make it relativly around ground level, cuz if u jus scoop it too far up it might get in someone's way

3. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    this game sounds quite like "english doubles" except there's another bird and it's on the ground. i still don't really get what the bird on the ground does other than cause people to get more points?

4. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Yup thats the Whole point of that Bird, so u'll also have to concentrat on that ground bird while paying attention to the bird in the air.

5. Xo_BaddyGrl_oX

Xo_BaddyGrl_oX Regular Member

grade 11 student in Sudbury!
    haha english doubles, i played that with the people on my baddy camp...it was so fun...and when "the man" (she's actually a girl, but ha she's mean) was playing on the same court...she ALWAYS TRIED TO GET ME OUT!! but it was fun...what also fun is Around the world...you have a like a bunch of people on one side, and a bunch of people on the other...and each person hit the bird once...then we got to the point, where we lose a raquet if we mess up the rally...but then you have to use the remaining raquets thats are left...and no smashing for that game tho...but ya...that's english doubles...very very fun game

6. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

Correct me if I am wrong...

The Ground Bird is hit/scooped (low to the ground like hockey) but it must go underneath the net to the other player's (half) court. Can you tap the Ground Bird to the Player on the same side of the net as yours?

Then, whomever has the Ground Bird after the regular rally ends gets an additional point.

7. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Yes u can scoop it to the person beside yours.
    Yup when the rally bird dieds whomever that has the ground bird on their court gets another point