Badrad: Training camps in China

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Jason, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    umm... actually the 5 star hotel I went to in Guang Zhou, was pretty horrible :lol:

Here's one tip for ALL to remember!!!

"ALWAYS BRING YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER!!!!!"

Toilet paper seems to be a luxury item everywhere in China. :p
    and yes I know that from experience.

Keep telling us more about these camps badrad, because I had already been interested last year... like Cheung, I want to become a very very good amateur. :p

2. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Usually the training camps, offer room and board, as part of a seasonal rate... all inclusive of the training packages.
    but again as mentioned... you are there to train, and well I dont think luxuries such as duck etc, would be very approriate. :p
    anyone hear of "lucky duck" well that expression was probably derived in China at one of their badminton training camps.

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Re: Food in China

I think I speak for the majority of citizens on the planet when I say... "YUCK!!!!!!!!" :lol:

4. Pete

Pete Guest

Re: Food in China

I thought you said meemeeeiiii. :-D :-D :-D

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how about the phrase "golden duck"? :)

6. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    Re: Re: Badrad: Training camps in China

Hi, can you give me the contact info of the GD training center such as phone number or email address, thanks.

7. wildstyler

wildstyler Regular Member

student
    canada in the school year and hong kong in the sum
    i would also like to know the information of the camp.

8. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

Camp in Nanjing

I am now in Nanjing,China.I know there are many camps here.
    I am now in the HaoYou Camp,and the cost is 960 Chinese Yuan
    per year,including the fee of courts and the shuttlecocks.
    And we play badminton 3 times per week,and the address is
    Zhong Shan East Road 311-2,HaoYou Badminton Camp(the 2nd floor).
    The time is
    Tuesday 19:00-23:00
    Thursday 19:00-23:00
    Sunday 14:00-17:00
    Here is the mobile tel number:13705184946(Mr Xie).
    Our coach was a athlete of the JiangSu badminton team before.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Re: Camp in Nanjing

That's only 116 USD per year, cheaper than a yonex racket without string. I like those hours too. Now i need to invent an excuse to take a leave of absence to try out this camp. I like the name too, 'How o You' Camp

10. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

The fee in Nanjing is always cheap

The fee of renting a court is always cheap in Nanjing,about 15 Chinese Yuan per hour.But there are rare professinal Badminton equipment shop here,and the racket is expensive here.'HaoYou' is a Chinese word,which means 'good friend'.The mobile Tel.No is our camp manage's.Our coach is Wangjian.He won the 1st prise of man's sigle in one Chinese Professinal National badminton Game when he was 19.And there are other professinal ones in out camp too.The Only proplem is almost no one can speak English here,and we have no traslator.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ayasoft

So the main language in nanjing is mandarian. Do they also speak other dialect, for example: cantonese? Your english is pretty good.

12. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

I can't speak Cantonese

Local People in Nanjing speak Nanjing's dialect,Which is very similial to mandarian.If you can speak mandarian,there is no problem.My spoken English is poor,I can't talk in English freely.But Cantonese is much more difficult to understand.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ayasoft

i got some more questions if you don't mind. What levels are the student, are they classes multi level? Have this camp produced any provincial or natianal players?
    Any age limitation for people to take the class?

14. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

We are all amateurs

We are all amateurs.So you need not worry about the level.But at least you love the game.Our coachs were once privincial plays.There are different level amateurs here.
    The best one won the runner-up in Nanjing's amateurs' badminton game.Most of the time we play freely,sometimes our coach gives us some advises.I don't play well in sigle,for I only join the camp for no more than a year.But I feel I've gotten great improvement in the past half year.I now can get 3-4 points in the game with our best one.And often the children proffecinal players come here with their coachs on Sundays.They play games with us upper lever,of course not me.I can get 4-5 points in the game with them.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    ayasoft,

Thanks for your contribution. I also think your English isn't that bad.

That's really cheap for courts. From the sounds of it, your description sounds like a badminton club but with an expert coach who heads it and does coaching as well. (from a Western person's perspective). Am I correct?

If I am correct, then HK has this arrangement as well. I attended some lower level quality ones in the past. People go through training routines and the coach walks around occasionally talking to people. I found that for me ('personally') I didn't learn too much. My chinese isn't so good so this probably had an effect.

A westerner's perspective of 'training camp' might be different. I grew up in UK and to me the meaning of 'training camp' implies a place where I would go daytimes and just train for improvement. Social games are not usual except near the end of the training session.

A 'western' club is organised mainly for social play. Very rarely do they have an expert player acting as a coach or organising training. The adults very rarely want any coaching. For children it is different.

I have one friend in HK who went training in Guang Dong. He went for ten day periods and described the training as morning and afternoon two hours each session, with the cost of accomodation (and I think some food) included.

Does your organisation offer this latter arrangement as well? Do you know how to contact other places in Nanjing that might offer this type of service?

BTW(for you other guys), JiangSu is the province where Sun Jun, Ge Fei, Gu Jun come from. I'm guessing the standard is pretty high there!

16. ayasoft

ayasoft Regular Member

I don't know if there is a short time training

I don't know if there is a trainning camp just for several days in Nanjing.And I don't know if there are badminton sessions for amatures here either.But I do know there are some badminton trainning club.Most of time the coach is training the amature players.The cost is more expensive than the club just like the one I am playing.They often train twice in a week ,for about 2 hours.I know 2 of them.The one is in WuTaiShan Gymnasium,the coach is ChenJian.The other is in the ZhongDong Gymnasium,the coach is Qianyiqiang(National man's double runner-up),whose mobile Tel.No is 13705184946(Mr.Qian).I just mistake the mobile Tel.No of our club's manage's .The correct is 13915947563 (Mr.Xie).

17. mlorenzo

mlorenzo New Member

training camps

greetings,

It has been a while since this thread, but was wondering of any training campls in China or in Indonesia?

Cheers,
    Victor M.

18. helenchc

helenchc Regular Member

student
    Just wondering is there any chance you still have to contact for GD training centre? I may go to HK or china to train for a month or so in summer before i go to the Canada Winter Game tryout. And really looking for a place that i can train full time for a short period of time