BAM hires Hendrawan as coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by fantastic4, May 17, 2009.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    In the case like this, we shall ask Kwun to close shop.:rolleyes:

It would be wise if you keep silence, rather that reply other people's post without any point.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In reference to the underlined portion, Hauge did post a few pages back that a 3rd party is helping BAM pay Hendrawan's salary. As whether that 3rd part is related to government (i.e. taxpayer $$$) or private, you can try PM hauge to ask, I dunno if can be revealed. In the media, even this part abt 3rd party is not revealed.

As to why, BAM is desperate for more coaches, their reason is not enuf coaches. a) If Hendrawan is not considered impressive, then how about Li Mao? Why they hired Li Mao last time in 2005? If I not mistaken, while in INA,Hendrawan also trained Maria K, the OG bronze medalist.

b) Of course they can get Msian to coach but the best results as player(retired) is already a coach = Rashid. Other Msian MS, even less impressive their record as player, WCH & LCW not yet retire.

Other than that, BAM needs to show they doing something abt the worrying condition of MS dept. Misbun's been around, but has too many players to train. Rashid's been training the back up for years, nothing impressive.
    Teh is assistant coach only, busy with WS, not only train Julia & Lydia, the other back up WS also. Misbun's assistant I dont even remember his name, he just help2 only.

So, bring in someone else lor, if not, will look like BAM sitting there only, not pro-active, now they can say they got do something to solve the problem,hehe. ;):p

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What we discussing here actually can be answered.There's no need to ask kwun to close shop. your question has already been answered in another post. If you wanna know more specific, kindly ask BAM. EG: If asking about what type of racket or string tension does a player use or what tournament they won/their achievement, of course stuffs like that can be answered. But you are Dato, and we are just small minnion people and just can answer some simple question that we know through the internet and sometimes through trusted source.(so very hard to answer accurately and the truth sometimes) I think u should be more easy to communicate or ask the inside people in BAM such as Dato Nadzmi, Kenny Goh, Ganga rao Or Rashid since you are dato:rolleyes: With that, u should be able to have the answer of your question that being posted here more accurate or more detailed.

It will be wise if you can keep yourself silence 1st before pointing any fingers to others without knowing the truth.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

At that time LiMao was also in charge of Korean MS as far as I remember. Major achievements are SSM's 2003 WC bronze and 2004 OG silver, as well as winning the 2003 Sudirman cup (LHI delivered a crucial point).

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,i know
    li mao is a good one:(

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    li mao can rattle all the chinese players too just by sitting on the coaching chair;), something hendrawan, rexy or boo bong park can't do:p
    It's like having a scarecrow around the badminton courts:D

remember 08 KO? when LHI won over LD:D
    ... the li mao factor:p

#127 cooler, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    And Li Mao is not known to be the best player during his prime! So it does not necessarily mean that only the best players can make the best coaches. Neither is Misbun or Rashid for that matter. But can Hendrawan be the exception? ;)

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Thanks for your reply (although = nothing).

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

thanks for your compliment.

11. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    In football, we have The Emperor, Franz Beckenbauer, himself has achieved World Cup both as a player and a coach.

In badminton??? :)

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    "The Thing" comes to mind!

What about "YY"? :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Maybe it's worth it afterall..

..well, they better make him work hard esp. with the amt of salary he's getting.;)
    Hendrawan is pretty smart, too. In INA, he might've worked really hard but wouldn't get the same appreciation ($$ wise).

14. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

You are absolutely right that Li Mao's presence can rattle the Chinese.
    He is just like a scarecrow to the Chinese. Ha, ha!
    The other coaches are just too mild to bother them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, LM has this psychological things on LYB's mind......i remember in WC 06 QF.....when LCW VS BCL......LM was LCW's coach at that time......LYB was just cant sit and relax......he was so uneasy at the court side and even shouted things like 'breaking his legs'.........it was funny !......Then the same thing happened in KO 08.............:D:D:D...LOL

16. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    so Li M was the man to stop that arrogant Li Y B ........

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday June 1, 2009

Hendrawan aims to take Malaysia to greater heights in badminton

FORMER world champion Hen drawan received hundreds of responses from his disappointed fans in Facebook when news broke on his appointment as the singles coach of the Malaysian national team. And even his players could not accept it. The Indonesian tells Starsport’s RAJES PAUL on the difficult decision that he had to take and the new challenges that he is ready to face with the Malaysian team.

AN offer to coach Malaysia is nothing new to me. In fact, it dated back to 2005 during the Thomas Cup qualifying tournament in India.
    [​IMG] Follow the rules: Hendrawan, however, wants the players to treat him like a friend when they are not in training.

Then, I was just two years into coaching the Indonesian women’s singles team.
    It was Rexy (Mainaky), who approached me first. He asked whether I was interested to coach Malaysia.

That was the start and since then, I have been approached by the Malaysian officials every year until I said yes to them recently.

It took me four years to have the courage to say yes to Malaysia even though I have had offers from Hong Kong, Singapore and Poland.

I could not leave earlier because of my commitment to help the Indonesian team until the Beijing Olympic Games (last August).

I had also started training the men’s singles players in 2007 and my goal was to help Sony (Dwi Kuncoro) and Simon (Santoso) win a medal in Beijing.

My decision to leave did not go down well with the PBSI (All-Indonesia Badminton Federation), my players and the fans.

In my Facebook, fans asked why I was leaving to coach outside Indonesia, especially arch-rivals Malaysia.

The PBSI coaxed me to stay but eventually, they accepted my decision to leave and told me to maintain a good relationship.

Simon was injured during the Korean Open this year and Sony fell to a similar fate during the All-England. I thought that it was the best time to break the news to the players.

I wanted a better future for myself and family. Besides that, I also needed new challenges and the time seemed right to uproot myself from my motherland.

Time, I think, however, will be against me as I prepare the Malaysian team for two major tournaments next year — the Thomas Cup Finals (in Malaysia) and Asian Games (in Guangzhou).

I have won in every Thomas Cup Finals I competed in with Indonesia (1998, 2000, 2002) and I will work hard to help Malaysia win it this time.

I will have about a year to prepare the team and that will be a big challenge to me. But challenges keep me going and I love to set targets.

As a player, targets drove me to succeed. I like to set a high target and go all out to achieve it. And I expect the same from my players.

I have good intentions and I am sincere to serve Malaysian badminton in the best possible way.

To me, having a good relationship with a player is important. But as a coach, I know where to draw a line.

I expect the players to follow the rules I set during training. But off court, I like to treat them just like a dear friend and vice versa.

I hope language will not be a barrier. In Indonesia, I can have a heart-to-heart talk with the players and they can understand what I say. I hope I will be able to put across my thoughts in the best possible way with the Malaysian players.

I admit, though, I had my anxiety after accepting this job. I was worried of the culture in the badminton circle in Malaysia.

I can handle the high expectations and the spotlight on badminton because it is the same in Indonesia. But I need to understand the different culture in Malaysia. I will do my best to adapt to it.

For now, I have not discussed with Malaysia’s coach Rashid (Sidek) or Ganga (Rao, BAM secretary) on who I will be coaching in Malaysia.

I am currently on a one-month break before I report for duty on July 1. But I plan to bring my family for a holiday in Malaysia from June 7-14.

I will pay the players a visit, especially those in the back-up squad. I will also see the BAM and get more details on who I have to work with.

Like Indonesia, Malaysia too are trying to add depth in the singles department. I will try my best to increase the pool of quality men’s singles players in Malaysia.
    It appears difficult but nothing is impossible to me.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2009/6/1/sports/4021419.asp&sec=sports