BAM in a MESS! 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, May 14, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because those that holding the fund,or the final men to sign see no urgency to expose the younger pair
    koo/tan still can play for more than 5 years
    unlike lcw who will retired after 2012 og
    if lcw can play until 2016
    will they so nervous to find successor?

this kind of mentallity lead malaysia to nowhere
    malaysia fans should appreciate what we had acheive until now

(still,i cant resist to reply
    hehe)

sun chen hua and geremy gan had done a lot to produce junior champion to bam(so does yap kim hock)
    did coaches and policy in bam utilize their potential?
    or they just dismoralize player like cwf etc?lol

2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is possible that players dont get sent to tournaments simply because there is not enough allocation

for them. It is true everywhere given the economy.Shortage of money? Maybe that's why some prefer private clubs and

sponsorship as in Ina. In fact Gong Gong could be right its just that he didn't know how to piece together a puzzle.

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Jose Mourinho was just a modest and unsuccesful soccer player before he switched to coaching some mediocre clubs. He then became of all things a mere translator for an English coach in a few clubs before both of them joined Barcelona, where Mourinho continued as a translator. He only became a coach of a higher level club later on.
    Despite this modest early credentials he now calls himself the "Special One" and with justification. His players worship him like a god-that is respect.

Also, this may be controversial. Recent research shows that stretching before and after a race or game makes no difference and may in fact cause unnecessary injury. We see many badminton players stretching quite strenuously, both before and after a game. This may be in the area of sports science. Conventional wisdom says stretching will prevent injury, enhance performance, and also reduce any soreness in the muscles that may appear a few days later. Not so says the new research. As a matter of fact Hong Kong's Wang Chen injured herself from strenuous stretching prior to a Uber Cup match against Malaysia in 2004 and had to give a walkover. Maybe sports science have a say in this.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    fund is only an excuse
    the 1st problem is bam didnt manage their money flow well
    lol
    how many money spend for meeting with nsc?
    meeting wiith sport minister?
    the recently think tank?how much salary those people get?
    and bla bla bla?
    employ those unnecessary worker?
    how many % get corrupted?
    do they dare to show their account book to public?
    we all know the trick of malaysia officer
    old trick
    we knew it was a cheat long time ago
    only they thought we dont know
    lol

later i might post a blog post for this issue
    hehe

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach

that's over-stretching them and / or stretching them when they are still cold. there maybe other new findings but these 2 is enough to kill you!

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sport science

its not only about Physiological

it included

Psychological
    tactic
    psychology
    psychic
    biology

stretching is only a tiny issue
    modern coach should learn about each and everything i mention about.

yes,i do believe coach in bam have the facility and resources for this and they yet to fully utilize the use of it.
    try to ask rashid sidek about this section,and u will surprise with what he equip;)

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

In fact the new science says no stretching, just adequate warming up. And at end of a race or match just have a short walk and that is all. Many cyclists who are used to stretching find this new research on no stretching hard to accept, but why not try it.
    FYI, I have never stretched either before or after a game. The only warm up I do is either to walk briskly for about 100 meters or just have a 5-minutes knock-up. I find this simple and very effective. I am not prone to injuries and I don't have any muscle soreness the following day. Many other players, much younger than me, who do strenuous stretching in fact have more injuries and soreness. I suggest you try this out:just warm up properly and no stretching at all. You will be surprised at those unnecessary redundant stretching

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    that is primary situation
    i learn wushu for 6 years now.
    after u can regularly do a full split
    u can stop stretching since then as ur body is flexible enough.
    injury only occur in improper stretching method
    injury during matches/practice are mainly due to impact of momentum

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    off topic:
    try not to stretch and run only 3 minutes on a cold rainy night just before you have your games and you see what happen.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i would add INA to the mix...those 3 tend to churn out MDs by the bucketload..

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Kenyan runners with their flexible running style do not do any stretching. Yet they have one of the lowest injury rates. They also win a lot of trophies and marathons.

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    this should be related to the other thread...

due to politics, the private coach will never be in favour. Else state ba will have no face.

So, one suggestion is to 'join the gang' instead of going against it.

Meaning, the private coach should part with his best player and allow them to train under state ba. If not migrate to another state or get bam help. Am sure some can see if the player is good. There are lots of tournaments in Malaysia for people to judge.

Once the state player is good enough to go into national, then he can decide later to go back to the private coach to try out (if the chemistry still works again).

This is just like going pro.

I've read a lot in this thread. Wistle blowers should be encouraged. This will keep everyone on their toes. Politic will always be there. The best man wins. You have to know what you are doing, else arrows will be coming to your back. No one owes anyone a living....

Its internet world now days. Those idiots who think the can get away with abuse are gone... Just report to this if you feel there are 'corruptions'

http://www.sprm.gov.my/

If someone abuse their power, then there are lots of lawyers waiting to take up the role to pounce on them.

I did tried and they do work (not all the time working tho). If you got evidence and they don't work, and sure the top head will roll.

There are lots of technology to help nab those er... you know what....

So, for those players who felt that they have been mistreated, you can post your grievances here.

Let people know or the media know. Let them do the investigations. The media loves to be a hero... (psst.. you may use free internet or anonymous name to hide your identity, dun use your home one la... tau ka..? later kena trace susah. )

So, there are lots of potential players with facebook. Do inform them on this.

It is time to give some freedom to the players to speak out. (This applies to difficult and abusing bosses if you are being mistreated in your company).

The truth is out there..... deng deng... like x files...

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

In his unveiling as the new coach at Real Madrid Jose Mourino said "I think a coach needs to be ready to be sacked. But if a coach fears that, he doesn't work well and has great problems". Now this surely rings a bell among some BAM coaches. When they sense their jobs are threatened they throw up tantrums displaying their fear. Perhaps that is why they have great problems just as Mourino says. The "Special One" is quite insightful.

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Right, a blog can surely help to see the big picture. But some advice, dont mention names or

be too blunt or you could enter the record books as 1) The 1st badminton player to be arrested under the ISA
    2) A several million lawsuit for libel and slander.3) Under the BAM blacklist
    Take note of Extremepower's advice.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Sports Science is interesting to explore to enhance a sportsperson ambitions.Then we will have smarter

sportspeople who can think instead of playing like robots, then they may no longer respect their "dumb" coaches who teach what they have been taught previously like a tradesman..I noticed that several Colleges are now offering Diplomas in this subject.
    I wonder do great sporting nations like China emphasise much on this to players, X Ball already mentioned its impact in Australia.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    aiya
    i am not a badminton player lah
    lol
    just nobody
    and of course i wont mention names

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Now why do players from China and Malaysia always get injured from training rather than playing especially in the knee and other joints?

And why is LinDan seldom injured. Remember Sun Jun always complaining about Tang Xian Hu's training methods

that always cause him persistent injuries?

Perhaps someone who has undergone a sports science course can write the gist of it in a blog that will give a big picture before we go on a merry-go -round on particular details.I'm sure everyone will appreciate it, it is technology in action.

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Not to forget to be responsible in your postings, verify facts ,do your homework ,and explain your sources of information.Otherwise your blog is no better than the cornercoffee shop nyanuk old men talk,or idle facebook/twitter chitchat.You dont want your blog to be a source of misinformation and misconceptions and tunnel vision and insularity.Unless you dont want a proper education and just want a degree from the school of hard knocks basing your knowledge on hearsay, internet postings
    and the like.If views are merely opinions, they should be clearly labelled as such.Piecemeal information provided in a discontinuous manner should be seen in a holistic manner.
    Dont feel aggravated if people like to engage you in arguments, in the first place, it may not be worth responding if in the first place their views are not reliable, they just like to argue and win or they just want an audience to listen to them and agree with them like the Emperor.
    If people want to see authoritative opinions on sports in Malaysia, listen and digest what many sports experts say when interviewd daily on Astro Arena eg. MSN ,OCM etc etc.

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Many sportsmen get injured often because of stretching and over-stretching. I often see badminton players start off with stretching first before any activity. This is dangerous because you don't stretch muscles when they are cold and in a more contracted stage. When muscles are not sufficiently warmed up they are more constricted and stretching will injure and tear them. Only when thoroughly warmed up do the muscles relax and that is when you can deliver your shot to within a hair's breadth from the intended target.
    I play with all sorts of players of all ages, all much younger than me, and I am sometimes amazed at the unnecessary injuries they get, ranging from tennis elbow, knee and ankle problems, shoulder and back pain.

20. viver

viver Regular Member

I remember Tang Xinfu mentioning Sun Jun needed to improve on technical aspects. Maybe Sun Jun not agreeing with the coach's opinion/assessment?

On the other hand, we don't hear Lin Dan complaining, and in my opinion he has changed the way he plays now compared to before the Olympics. Maybe he agreed with the coach's assessment and worked on the issues??