[BAM] Missing out on Thomas Cup Finals no big deal, say BAM

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Preliminary Round 2012' started by rogerv2, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    For Malaysia to beat Korea, Hafiz has to come thru by playing hard and minimize his un-force errors which is very uncharacteristic of him, unfortunately. Hafiz kind of blame his lost to Hu Yun because Hendrawan was not there as coach to calm him down(obviously he was not thrill with Rashid). Uou would think with Hafiz experience, there should be no significant difference who's coaching him? For Hafiz to be a player as he once was, he first has to admit he's not good enough to play with good player with his current form. 2nd, he needs to know the reason of it, lack of work ethics or too lazy!
    Lets hope Hafiz "suddenly" change into a new leaf today and deliver the crucial point.(I know, wishful thinking :D )

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So BAM got something that exceeds their expectation.. Shame on them.. they should target for a spot:D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    they should be rewarded for playing above expectation... ;)

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Am I reminiscing or did I wake up in 1976 or 88? Or did I see the ghost of Sven Pri prancing around the Korean coaches saying "I told you so"?

5. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Am I reminiscing or  did I wake up in 1976 or 88? Or did I see the ghost of Sven Pri prancing around the Korean coaches saying "I told you so"?

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Now that MAS has won their group and has an easier than expected passage to the SF, will BAM still be singing the same "no big deal" tune if they fail to beat IND and then fail in the playoffs?

My guess is they will be blaming everyone except themselves.

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Dear mr Sven Pri.. wherever you are.. dont dance yet.. lets make sure we all do good today, there is still work to be done today, its not as clear cut yet. you can practice your boogie though..

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ncc say to sponsor and government body
    see,i use reverse psychology and it works!

another big fat money into pocket

9. ssassassa9

ssassassa9 Regular Member

Chin Chai.... His name says it all

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    A lot of positive things came out from Malaysia TC squad and most of all was against all odd qualifying the Final. Even though we exposed our obvious weakness in MS department still as a whole, the team concurred the deficit. Putting Hafiz as 2nd MS was not a total failure as he did clinch 1 point against India, however, I prefer BAM to field Darren and Arif in the remaining matches of TC preliminaries to gain valuable experience. It's time to phase out the veterans(except Chong Wei) and let the youngsters shoulder the burden, they are the future, for better or worse!

11. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Please put on Zulfadlli as backup player. Denmark already fielding current WJC Viktor Axelsen as third singles.

Darren needs to build up mental toughness and stamina.

Arif need to develop his game and stamina.

Lydia Cheah??? Might as well put her as the third WS based on her current form.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Lydia as 3rd WS is impossible as there is only TYJ ranked higher than her at the moment.

I'd rather take Sonia over Lydia.

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

it is better to build up and produce more WS players for malaysia in order to get higher ranking, it will be good to produce more WMC (uninjury version)...

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Tell it to chin chai pls...

Also good to allow DL, Arif and ZZ to play. ;)

“So much was said about the team prior to the qualifiers. Some quarters even undermined our team’s chances. I am glad that our players did not let all the negative talk affect their rhythm as they pulled through together to make the Finals. Our success here is all about great team work.”

15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

The apparition of Sven Pri shaked his head. "Why didn't anyone listen to me? My coaches thought they could relaxed in 1976 with a young Malaysian side while we had top class field and yet we lost....... Why did Swee King and gang made the wrong tactical move thinking the King And Bobby could steam rolled a part time double player and a young rookie in Ong and Cheah......... and Now see everyone thought those Malaysians would falter with a weak side.......they forgot that the Malaysians have performed in the Thomas circus many times , they know what it takes to be in the ring with the Dragon and the Garuda....." and Sven disappears back to his badminton paradise

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They are doing just that, at LCW's request. The MD are also testing the different pairs, though I find TKH is not as experimental as Rexy was with stratch pairs.

Yup, when Sonia recovers from her injury. I rate Sonia & YLL to be better than their seniors like Sannatasah & Florah Ng

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sure
    sonia and yang li lian always beat their senior except tee and lydia