Bao can deliver only when he plays alone

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by 2cents, May 12, 2007.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think the term should not be 'retarded'. That is not a good word to use.

Would 'naive' and 'gullible' be better words?;)

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Very possible..LD would get too affected to play. Come to think of it,it's not easy to reach two consecutive IO MSF but BCL did it last year and this year.Yes, in such situations it's good to be blur.Good note.

3. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    bao is no longer lin dan's roommate.. lin dan's roommates recently is chen jin which i knew it from an article about chen jin's interview..

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I agree with you. If he lose early, Chen Jin is in charge of recording matches for coaches and teammates.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hahaha, no wonder xxf is often sticking close to CJ;)

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Now that BCL has lost, will somone return BCL's cellphone please?:p:D:p

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Hard to believe! But I think the other story, that "2nd and 3rd team players picking Bao for a fight" sounds reasonable. Although the explanation could be that Bao is a very nice and kind guy and there is no harm picking him for a fight since he will not be offended (and then will not be angry at the young man who challenged him). "disrespect" is too strong a word...

8. malaysia boleh?

malaysia boleh? Regular Member

One More Cent For You

2cents, I'll kindly give you another cent. So you'll become 3cents. Don't need to thank me, just stop talking rubbish here. Dicipline is very important in Team China. LYB is in full control. No player is allowed to fool around. Although I don't support LD,CH and CY, I do think they deserve something better. Kindly stop damaging their reputation. Shame on you.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

At least we get some inside story about the Team CHN. I don't think 2cents is deliberately malicious or rude;just that English is not his first language. But as a 2nd or 3rd language ,the standard is pretty good.(I know I can't even write at his level with my second language.Can any of you?)
    The important thing to remember in reading 2cents is to allow for some poor usage of vocabulary, as Cheung has pointed out.
    So, 2cents, please continue with your Team CHN insights. I enjoy them,with some automatic censorship.

10. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    its just too hard to believe this.... :(

11. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    ermm....just one question. not being sarcastic here. just honestly wanted to know. you said bao did not know who he was going to play and chen hong lied and said it was taufik instead of himself. now my question is, did the coach not discuss strategy before a match to know how to defeat the next opponent? if that is the case, wouldn't LYB already discussed with BCl on how to defeat the next opponent which in this case was chen hong? and if LYB never discuss with the player if the next opponent is their teammate, wouldn't that gave a clue to BCL that taufik is not his next opponent? i always believed that coaches talk to their players before each match to discuss tactic and such. is that not true for china? or any other team?

ok sorry, one question turned into one too many. :D forgive me. but i still want to know the answer. :)

12. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Good question!

Unfortunately, first, LYB's usually not directly coaching men's singles.

second, Chinese coaches knew very little and very late about the draws because they don't know English.

third, they did have extensive trainings against their top opponents like Taufik, Gade and Lee CW. Some 2nd team players mimic those players in the training. But sometimes, they didn't know their 1st round opponents until they arrived the venue. and some other times, they even got erroneous draws don't know where it came from.

13. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    thanks for the answer. if that is the case, maybe the china team should employ one translator just to help out with the other language, mainly english when competing at other venues. i believe they should be fully prepared and ready for anything. and pro level should mean knowing all your informationand facts be it the venue, the opponent or the draw.

14. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Depend on the translator is one of the solution!!Education play an important role here!!:cool:

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

*LOL* I dont mind to be the translator if they allow me to take photos with LD or XXF :eek: :D

16. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

Mentally the participation of CH to recent SS really affect majority of top shuttlers to feature hardly for their country. My guess, they (including LD and XXF) had fighted against LYB to share more of the prizes they had achieved, and seek for permission to participate private activities for big sum of extra commercial income, just like what CH is currently doing, so called individual enterprise? it really was a key factor which affected their showing in recent SS. Regret to say this is just what I guess n hope someone could find it out from Chinese forum especially from LI De Quan or 2cents.....thanks

17. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

i very much pity bao... on a given day, he plays possesed, beating taufik.. and on the next day, he self-destructs against LCW... dang, he'll keep the mr. runner up title if he keeps on doing that...

18. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

hardly believe it ! there is no translator in China national team?
    and the draws are all about names, it's easy to understand.
    LYB has been the coach for ages. can't he guess what TH, lcw, hafiz.. mean?
    you mentioned that Bao's next opponent is his teamate CH. you think Bao and LYB still need a person to translate "Ban Chunlai vs Chen Hong" ?

by the way, interesting story, but can't believe.

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You setup your own image in front of the public. Even though, I don't encourage anyone to bully others, but I have to say, the "target" must have his/her own problem need to face to change the situation as well.

Also, if you come to a tourny, even does not know who to play against for the next match, is hardly others' fault. :cool:

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Very hard to believe such a well-oiled machinery like Chinese badminton team can have trouble with the draw. Even hiring Li De Quan alone is enough to solve their problems.