BC FUN GAMES on Sat 20 Nov 10am-12pm at Bedok Sports Hall

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2004' started by Loh, Nov 9, 2004.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    This is too much Loh, I can't stop laughing! :D

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Thanks for the seeding, but it'll be more like:
    mongoose (BC Asia) vs QF1*Mag (BC Euro)

:D

3. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Hey you guys forgetting the resident pros.

Prolly it'll be

Super Seed*JR(BC Euro) vs QF1*Mag(BC Euro)
    Super Seed2*Laybourn(BC Euro) vs Super Bye King*wilfredlgf(BC Asia)

Prolly the draw is more fair :rolleyes:

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Perhaps it'll be fairer if the pros are paired up with the amateurs for a less lop-sided match.

Actually for 'super-bye' King 'Alfred', he gets a bye in Round 1, and a 'technical' bye in Round 2 because his opponent has to concede a walkover
    fearing for his life should he accidentally eliminate the King while crossing sword with him! :p

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Hearken, hearken, the king is speaketh! And the people in the office were wondering at what I was laughing about... :D

Perhaps a normal tourney of both singles and doubles, the champions will get a chance to play with the resident pros. Example:

2* Cheung (BC HK) / S* Thomas Laybourn (IBF) vs 1* Mag (BC Swe) *S Jonas Rasmussen (IBF)

It'll be a cracking match! :)

1* Winex West Can / Loh (BC Can / BC Sin) vs S* Thomas Laybourn/Jonas Rasmussen (IBF)

As long as Thomas & Jonas doesn't play more than 50% of their capabilities, I think WWC and Loh will have a great chance of taking a set! :)

That's how they normally do it during those novelty gatherings etc, to balance out and to have more fun.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Me thinks WWC and I will hath a devil of a 50% chance if both JR and Tom either play on one leg or tied with a rope round their broad shoulders to immobilize their upper arm, so that they can only use their forearm to strike at birdie. ;) This is a fair as can be!

What sayeth thou, m' Lord? :p

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    BC Inter-Continental Games

Well, we truly had a BC Inter-Continental Competition during our Fun Games at Bedok on the 20th. This is another first for Singapore BF'ers! :p

The 'unofficial' representatives were:

Kwun (BC USA)
    Explorer 123 or Kit (BC New Zealand)
    Kong-99 or Chan (BC Australia)
    Loh (BC Singapore)

Round 1: USA/Australia beat New Zealand/Singapore
    Round 2: USA/Singapore beat Aust/New Zealand

(I shall not recount the scores for obvious reasons, but it was a one-game match with 15 points. :cool: )

The pairings were fair as the not-so-young were paired with the two veterans. Inevitably, the older the combined ages of the participants, the more likelihood that they'll lose! :mad: )

Quite naturally, the youngest man on court, Kwun, emerged with the best result, winning two matches. Unfortunately, the second youngest, Kit, who gave away almost 10 years to Kwun, had to suffer the indignity of two defeats. :rolleyes: The two veterans, each twice the age of Kwun, were spared with one defeat and one win. ;)

So, King Alfred, you need to take these matches into account when awarding a seeding to Kwun. :D

Had time permitted, we could have involved Malaysia (Hamz), Indonesia (Tama-aki) and Vietnam (hdson) and the other Singapore BFers. Of course, if FEND. was with us, he will have to represent Brunei, not Malaysia. Now, that would really be fun! ;)

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I would be representing Australia if there were future bcentral matches as I'm officially moving tomorrow. As of typing this, my clothes are packed, my PC is packed. (this is dad's one) and my racquets offcourse are packed ( 1x Carlton Aerogear 18, 1 x Carlton Boron Classic, 1 x Cab8600light, 1 x Cab30Ms, 1 x MP 23 , 2 x Boron-2) :)

9. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I think the better way is to have Thomas and Jonas share one old racquet (squash) between the two of them. :D :D Now, that's handicap!!!

We should do zone preliminarys like the TC/UC with each continent sending their best :D

10. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Good luck with the move and the transition. Australia ain't too bad as it is still closer to Brunei than Canada. I've not been home since 1984!!

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Edmund

So you are really going? Australia's gain but Malaysia's loss! And you are really serious, bringing along your 7 rackets. It may be to your detriment for not being able to decide which of these to use in an important tournament. :rolleyes:

What a loyal BFer you are! Even on the eve of your departure, you still resort to your Dad's PC to communicate with us. Kwun should give you a special gift for this! ;)

Bon voyage! But we'll soon see your writings again, maybe the moment you stepped on Australian soil. :D