BCIT Drop-In on Sunday mornings (9am-12:30pm)

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by CanucksDynasty, Feb 21, 2013.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Yay!! I'm finally going to get back into badminton after a 3 month hiatus. My Sunday morning badminton is starting up again but this time closer to home and only the guys (no wives).

BCIT Drop-In has been selected as the new destination (after research on the internet). It's only a 5 minute drive :D but it's in the gym (no padded mats :().

Anybody here play there on Sunday?
    Is it busy?
    Care for a game?

Thanks,
    CD.

2. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

I use to play there on Tuesday nights, but I stopped going because I think I've outgrown the gym-like facility. The lighting is also pretty bad. I get blind quite often.

The only nice thing about BCIT is the location since my house is about a 2 min. drive from the #1 highway. From there it's only a 5 min. drive and I'm all the way in Burnaby.

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Thanks for the info.

I should mention that I have yet to go as my friends and I are still trying to burn up our credits at ClearOne. Not very successful so far as timing issues, not enough players, etc have made it such that I've only played twice so far this year. :crying:

4. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

If I were you, I'd forget BCIT and just go to ClearOne. Despite the closeness of BCIT, I still don't want to go there just because I get a subpar experience and they charge me close to $7/session since I'm a non-BCIT student/alumni (I'm a UBC graduate).