be aware of this website

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Steeve Cote, May 1, 2019.

1. Steeve Cote

Steeve Cote New Member

I bought Shuttlecocks aeroplane black label eg 1130 from this web site (Herevip.com) also knowed as

Unique sta Trade co.ltd.

Do not buy anything from them, They are a rip off. My order was for 50 tubes , My bank was charged $ 700 and i was sent a baby jacket instead, I tried multiple time to contact the company without success. The phone number listed is wrong and they do not answer back to my email. But they were responding very fast during the primary transaction..

So again stay away from them

#1 Steeve Cote, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Saru, stanleyfm, shreyas666 and 3 others like this.
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Oh, that's really bad. Hope you get a refund. Hope you didn't pay by bank transfer.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

3. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Baby jacket?
    They really knew how to troll people off of their money.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I visited the site and you didn't get doubts to order from somebody who sell LV Fake stuff? You didn't get doubts that they sell shuttles beside powerbanks, Audemars, designer stuff and printers? I really hope that you paid with PayPal. Never pay to anybody you can't visit and beat up without security. For me it screams scam.

offbad likes this.
  5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

lol

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I just recently came across a fairly similar webshop, supposedly located in France:

https://www.adsromonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=466158

The whole setup and product portfolio is screaming "SCAM!" as well (and do you notice that so many products share the same price of 125.99 EUR :rolleyes:) so I didn't even think about placing an order there. Oh, and they do not even offer PayPal payment, so that was another no-go there.

But still, I'm rather curious if anyone has dared ordering from that shop in the past and if so, did you get baby jackets instead of badminton rackets or shuttles as well?

#6 s_mair, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Do a Whois search and you find a US adress of a private person (no hosting service). Each social media icon leads just to the basic sides instead of their account. A support who don't have an email adress at their own domain. Also offering real gems for the european market (e.g. AX77 3UG5 or JP coded rackets at a too good to be true price) and having product pictures from calibre sports...seems legit, I would place the order for the N7II Steven Seagal *cough Setiawan.

robfitsy likes this.
  8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nah, w're currently having enough baby jackets around. :)

Thing is, that those two shops mentioned here are perfect examples of what to look for in case someone comes across an unknown shop with "good" prices and/or rarely available stuff. In my example, you can also see that big parts of the shop most likely have been created by some kind of bot that basically copied the items of other shops and put some random price tags on them. Like this:
    upload_2019-5-16_7-13-0.png
    Those AS50 are a steal! :cool:

So basically, all one need to do is to use your common sense and be very, very critical. The better the offer, the more critical you should be. Always ask yourself: If every other know legit shop is asking 150 USD for that racket, how would it be possible for another to sell it for 50? Either they are the worst businessmen in the world and will be going out of business soon, or they sell either stolen or fake stuff - or they won't sell you sell you anything at all.

That surely was an expensive lesson for the OP, but a lesson that wouldn't have been very complicated to avoid with a bit of common sense and less greed (no offense!).

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    It's not only a huge difference, even by small price differences, codes and unusual specs, I would always have doubts. Anything which is 20€ below the average without any discount, sale or clearance tags provided by a unknown shop could be fake. 20 bucks more which don't rob my sleep and give me headaches are worth any penny.

10. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

You should title this thread better, you're basically baiting everybody into looking at your thread.. when almost nobody is going to even see this company. You could just title the thread beware of rip off shuttlecocks from herevip. And it's beware not be aware. Otherwise it's even more clickbaity.

11. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

That would be awesome. Your opponents would be defeated with an aikido chop from your N7II:D:D:D

12. sallygreen

sallygreen New Member

Thanks for the warning.