Best racket for me?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sparkly, Sep 3, 2011.

1. sparkly

sparkly New Member

I'm new to this forum, and I'm sorry if this is in the incorrect thread.

I'm looking to find a new badminton racket under $35, but first let me explain myself. I am currently a beginner/intermediate badminton player looking to improve my game. I am a strict offensive player, and I always seem to hit my shots a little to high. I currently have a cheap generic racket that weighs a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting a new racket.

I'm thinking about getting a Wilson Titanium Power 2010, but I'm not exactly sure if it is a perfect fit for me. Please give me suggestions and I look forward to reading them.

2. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Being honest, I haven't played with one racket in that price league.. but regardless of how much one racket may cost, in the end it will be you, who has to play with it and only you'll be able to say whether it suits you or not.

If you've got any opportunities to test some rackets, do it and you will have your answer.:p

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    In my opinion a racket, which costs 35 bucks, won't be an improvement. You can get a fake Yonex, which isn't an option. An Apacs racket costs a bit more.
    So I give you the advice to spend more money for a new racket. Minimum 70$.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

All my Apacs racquets were purchased for under 35USD.

I managed to buy one for $1 in fact, ($10 shipping, $15 restring); from an online auction site - Brand new. It's an Apacs Stern 100, and it's not bad. It's survived multiple restrings and clashes at 33lbs, 30lbs and 28lbs. It was a $1 reserve auction, and no one other than me bidded for it (badminton isnt so popular in my country)..

The other two, were 30USD each from Malaysia (my father purchased them for me so I don't know which shop). They were Apacs Nano 900's, one in red and one in white. The white one is my go-to racquet which I've been using for quite some time now.

Good deals don't come by very often, but they do exist, and when you stumble accross them - don't miss out on the opportunity.