Best string and tension for Duora 10

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by trizzforce, May 20, 2023.

1. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Hi there, I recently re-obtained my Duora 10 after about 5 years and I used to have it on a BG-65 at 26 lb tension. I tried my luck the other day to use it without restringing it and it felt super dull. Naturally due to the tension decreasing over the 5 years it was unused, it would have felt that way.

I'm thinking of restringing it with something that can suit my playstyle. I need that little extra for smash while still having a bit of control. Any recommendations and what tension, please? Thanks.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Had you stop playing for 5 years or just got another D10 after parting from it for 5 year?

String setup are quite personal. Others tight 26lbs might be a noodle for others & could be wooden plank to some.

If case 1
    You need to redo all that. Retry BG65 cant do wrong but maybe abit lower tension as you had stop for a while. Or you could go for new string & start new journey finding ur perfect string & tension. Some new string recently are YY Exbolt 63 & 65, LN N61,63,65 (depend on region, not all available tho). I had tried Exb63, Exb65, & LN N65. Between the 3 i like LN N65 the most.

If its case 2
    What string do you use currently & at what tension. Use the same setup & adjust the tension for every stringing.

3. trizzforce

Thank You for the reply @Budi! It's case 1. However, I didn't NOT play badminton because my D10 and me were in different countries but rather due to life commitments. I got it back the other day and tried to get back in rhythm again and since i got back the racquet, I might as well start over a routine. I used to remember BG-65 at 26lbs being so good for me on D10. In my intermittent playing within the past 5 years on my other racquets I used to use BG-80 at 25lbs. So I kind of gotten used to BG-80 but because of my fond memories on BG-65 on D10 I wanted to try that again. What is the Li Ning equivalent of BG-65 and BG-80? Asking this because my most convenient (while being legit) stringing place is a purely Li Ning store and they don't stock anything remotely Yonex.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Something similar to BG80 might be Lining N65.
    Its kinda like easier version of BG80 or i would say in the middle between BG80 & BG66UM.

Harder than BG66UM but no harder than BG80.
    Better bite than BG66UM but not as good control as BG80.
    Less repulsion than BG66UM but better than BG80.
    & The good thing about Lining, its said to be more durable than YY & also keep its playability longer than YY. Its new string anyway, so no one know but mine havent snap yet. But this string after awhile move alot if i play alot of slice, so i need to fit the string every point break. Just little annoyance but overall i like its performance. Not sure if you might like it or not, but well.... You will never know if you never taste it:D

5. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

If you are a control player: BG 66U or Aerobite. I used this string on my Duora 10 and the control is superb. Drop Shot & Net Play are excellent
    If you want to add power to your smash: BG80P. Also have used this string on my Duora 10

6. trizzforce

OK, I just saw this. Thanks for the help @Budi and @steven8991 n8991