Best training shuttles?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by precrime3, Aug 25, 2021.

1. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Looking to buy a dozen tubes of some shuttlecocks for some multifeed training I'll do at my club.

Should I just buy AS50's, assuming I have the budget? OR would it be a better use of $ to buy more of a lower end shuttlecock (say 15 tubes of Lining a+60') or something.

Thanks in advance!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

A dozen tubes IMO is not enough. You spend a lot of time picking up shuttles intermittently with multi shuttle routine. Go for lower end and around twenty tubes.

Also I find having a slightly faster shuttle is preferable for practices and solely for practice. I used to get normal speed shuttles for training but at a competition, the hall was fast. My shots flew out the back easily. Luckily, the opponents were not really strong but strong enough that you had to be careful. I found it hard to adapt to faster conditions compared to slower conditions in a competition. If you are used to a fast shuttle, adapting to a normal conditions will be easier as you will already be using correct speed shuttles for other practice/social games.