Boonsak's Ascendancy

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by X Ball, May 6, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Georgina is our girl!

If you really want to know more about Boonsak, Georgina is our girl with intimate knowledge of all the Thai players! I think Gina also has Thai blood in her too. Yannie can confirm? :)

Gina, where are you? Exam's over, isn't it? Could you please enlighten X Ball and the rest of us how Boonsak did it? ;)

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    When I first saw Boonsak play some years ago, he struck me even then as a very talented player. And for many of the Thai players, including Boonsak, to study and train at the same time is no easy task.

Because of studies, I think Boonsak has not been able to play to his potential in the past, although he did very well to dispose of Ronald Susilo to reach the semi-finals in the Athens Olympics 2004 and thus earned himself a bronze medal together with Sony Kuncoro.

Now that Boonsak has finally qualified as a lawyer, he should have more time to concentrate on badminton. So I think the badminton world will see more of his name at the top in the near future.

I like this player so much that I chose to take a photo with him during the last SEA Games in Manila. :)

Attached Files:

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, Loh stealing the thunder again ?! A picture tells a thousand words plus your the few hundred words here, maybe one too many !

I like it nevertheless. :)

4. Loppy

Loppy Regular Member

Taufik vs Boonsak tomorrow, who do you think's gonna win? My money's on Boonsak, he's the form player at the moment, and will have bags of confidence after winning the Singapore Open. Does anyone know what racket Taufik's using for this tournament, is it the AT900T?

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    It was a hallmark win for BP because in this SO, all the big names were there like lin dan, taufik, peter gade, chen hong.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    good catch there Loh;)

7. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

Sorry Loh, I have to correct your knowledge, Boonsak was beaten by Sony, 15-11, 17-16 for the bronze medal.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh sorry, I think you're right. Sony definitely got the bronze and I've forgotten that the semi-finalists don's share the bronze medal any more as they used to.

No wonder Boonsak said he wants an Olympic medal after his SO win. ;)

9. bhtan

bhtan Regular Member

If Boonsak wins confidently. He should be world #1 or #2. But i agree too , attacking style of play is very subjected to form , opponent's style.
    Lin Dan is also play attacking , sometimes he just lose without much god reasons.

The opposite style of play will be like gade , 4 corner rallies. endurance,very consistent.

Hope Taufik can stop Boonsak. Taufik may lack endureance when playing with Gade, but this game is calling for fast reflex, take smash, creativity on courts . Talent is Taufik's strong point.

10. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

Boonsak changed his playing style to something more like Taufik's game. There is a level gap between them that is slowly closing with Boonsak's improvement and Taufik's seeming lack of motivation. The gap between Taufik at his peak and Boonsak of now is huge.

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Boonsak had improved a lot lately under Atik jauhari...His coach mentioned that at the end of the macth, BP got injured on his leg that preventing his move and praised TH for his sharpness/brilliant play....TH mentioned that in 2nd set he was drawn to BP's control play....

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Quite true, Boonsak's game/style..

..is somewhat similar to Taufik's repertoires/game/style..Witnessed it live during 2005 WC, as their match went to rubber set...Both are quite adept at net play & add to that Boonsak is very diligent in rallies, more so that Taufik, IMO...However, Taufik has the advantage of utilizing his backhand & net game more effectively..Boonsak, IMO, wins in stamina and diligence..;)

13. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Well Boonsak lost to TH, so end of the road for him in IO 2007.

I did not follow the live score so not sure how close the match went, for for anyone to take one set off TH, esp. in Indonesia, is not easy, so well done to Boonsak.

I'm sure Boonsak progress in other tournament this year will continue to generate interest and spotlight. But I guess, in this era of professionalism, Boonsak has to decide want he wanted best in his life. I think he would be at a disadvantage if he continues to choose to play 'semi-pro' in the circuit whilst pursuing his career in law (no difference whether he is studying or working, he still can only spare limited time to badminton compare to other full time players).

But on the other hand, from a more practical point of view, Boonsak has a strong career to fall back if he decided to quit. Not many current professional badminton players can say that.

Anyway, best wishes to Boonsak.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In the news today, actually Boonsak is finishing his master ( s-2) according to his coach...Atik....Atik mentioned that most of Thai's shuttlers have higher education so it is easy for Thais to understand and excute his plans/tactics...

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

This guy has a great future !

16. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Tat's good..Mas should encourage our badminton player to continue their studies!!Education is important!!;)

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

That is why you have the Bukit Jalil School of Sports.:D

18. Felicia_txh

Student
    But the teachers there are not teaching..My fren study there b4..but he came bk after a few months..he say education is more important to him!!:p

#58 Felicia_txh, May 10, 2007
    Last edited: May 10, 2007
  19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yeah, expect something less in such schools. Basketballers in the US, for example, normally do very little in college to pass. It is just to give them knowledge so that they don't come out to the world ignorant.:D

20. Felicia_txh

Student
    Some players might face some difficulties after they retired o they stop to play badminton!!they should upgrade themselves..:eek: Nowadays education is really important!!;)