Brand New stringing machines

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Tennisman, Jan 30, 2019.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Going by the pics only, the Diamond BT has fixed towers, so it's out of the race for badminton rackets. Whereas the Diamond Badminton is only for badminton rackets which is also a tough limitation.

For a proper comparison Diamond vs. Alpha Ghost, we would need a lot more information and user impressions for the Diamond. So let's see what happens when the real life machines will come in.

2. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

The Diamond BT is also available as Diamond BT-M (the factory produced it extra for us) with moveable towers.
    [​IMG]

And we a special itroduction price with 2999,- Euro.

phanlinhkhuong, ucantseeme and s_mair like this.
  3. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Now, THAT looks like @s_mair's new machine! Remember…..
    tenorWDLBZ3B0.gif
    Thats valid for stringing machines and if you lose your wife because of that new stringing machine…… But enjoy testing the other one first. ;)

thyrif likes this.
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

First of all, I'm married now long enough to remember getting a general approval for stupid stuff like that before going forward with it. An Excel sheet with a solid return on investment calculation was enough to get that "...oh well, you'll do it anyway!" approval to proceed with the "normal" StringMaster test. :)

But seriously, that Diamond BT would be too much of an overkill even for me. But a sweet machine that is, hands down.

kwun likes this.
  5. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Superstringer (0€) = 10 x 10€ = 100€ x 12 = 1200€ per year
    Diamond BT(2999€) = 10 x 10€ = 100€ x 12 = 1200€ per year
    hmm... :p

Maybe Tennisman will make you a good offer if you write a good manual (maintenance, stringing) and write a review here. Also find the machine very interesting.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Please... we're blokes, we don't believe in things like manuals! :p

But seriously - a stringing manual? That is one hell of a task. And if you ask me, watching a good tutorial clip on Youtube is a lot more efficient and entertaining than reading through an instructions booklet with medium quality pictures and drawings. Just follow the AK Badminton tutorial clip and you're good to go.

Oh, and once more for the record - that Diamond BT is out of the question. Far, far out of it. Heck, even the normal StringMaster is some serious overkill here. :confused:

Super85 likes this.
  7. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    No such thing as overkill, machines pay for themselves eventually :)

Super85 and s_mair like this.
  8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Manual? Wasn't he that Spanish waiter from Fawlty Towers?

s_mair likes this.
  9. phanlinhkhuong

phanlinhkhuong Regular Member

Badminton Shop Owner
    Wow... Speechless... Anyone use any machine from this brand? Can share with me some reviews?

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No review yet, but at least some first impressions of the StringMaster 3800 Deluxe test machine that arrived by DHL yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That thing is a monster. It weighs about the same without WISE or drop weight mechanism than the T20 with mounted WISE. First impression of the build quality is impressive, the clamp base mechanism is a stroke of genius imo.

I'm going to set it up properly hopefully today in the evening, so that the testing can begin very soon. My fingers are itching already to get going, let me tell you that.

I'm currently thinking about which tests to do and what to show you in picture or video. Do you guys have any specific requests what you would like to see in detail?

11. phanlinhkhuong

Badminton Shop Owner
    Wow. You really bought it. I want to see the clamp and clamp base in a closer look. Does it suit badminton well. Compare to only badminton machine?

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Haven't bought it (yet...:rolleyes:) but got it as a test machine from Tennisman. He sent me also two different sets of clamps (4-teeth and 5-teeth versions) so I will of course check if they suit badminton. And I will make a direct comparison with my own Superstringer T20.

Super85 and phanlinhkhuong like this.
  13. phanlinhkhuong

Badminton Shop Owner
    Thanks man. Looking at these new clamps and clamp bases I just want to sell my Victor C-7032N machine to buy this one. Really impressed by the new clamp bases :rolleyes:

14. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Things I noticed that have increased my speed and effort in stringing that I would like to know the difference with the T20 are:
    - smoothness of bases, how easy to reposition clamps without touching the bases (just hold by the clamp control arm), I need to clean my T20 bases very regularly to not get them stuck/need to handle the base sometimes. This can also be linked to the amount the T20 base mechanisms are released and create too much space between the base and the table/rails so it will tilt slightly to get stuck easier.
    - quickness of clamping/declamping. On the T20, if the clamp doesn't fall down immediately I move my pinky down and touch the quick release, very fast. Is that black thing near the base stem the quick release? I need that thing!
    - are the side support controls plastic or metal?
    - do the clamp bases and controls feel sturdy?
    - amount of workspace under the supports vs T20?
    - height with the wise, does it need raising like the T20?

And why the hell is that tape measure taped underneath the base, that just looks sillyo_O. But is the base again 50cm wide like the T20? Thats how I measure my string quickly.

Also, very unwise of you to fall for Tennismans trap, he's like a drug dealer, giving you a free taste.. be careful! :D

(And thanks for reviewing!)

Edit: oh! Does it come with a cart to move it with? I thought my T20 was heavy to move to my tournament..

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Great input, I will put the points mentioned on my list. One thing I can tell you right away is that the clamp bases are moving a lot(!) more smoothly than on the T20, and yeah, that black thingie is the quick release button. But you can also just lift the lever to unlock it. A really clever thought-out design that is.

You know how I feel? It's a bit like you watch someone dropping a banana peel and think to yourself "On man, I'm so gonna fall on my arse soon!".

No cart, no forklift, sorry. Although I've found out that you can remove the whole turntable only by pulling it out of its socket. So that should make handling and moving that tank a lot easier. I wish anyone would have told me that before I hauled it up two floors fully assembled. :confused:

#35 s_mair, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    emjay and thyrif like this.
  16. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    Looks good! I'd like to know how the clamps are, e.g. is the spacing OK for badminton and do they release/drop down easily during stringing. My Gamma ones are good but the spacing isn't great so it's the one thing I'd consider changing!

17. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Saw signs on the mounting system to distinguish racket direction in the picture. As far as I know, it is necessary only if tension head raises while pulling the string.

Does the manual says anything about racket direction? Or maybe it's just their general model used for all kind of machine. XD

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This I guess. The turntable is symmetrical and the supports the same on both sides.

EpicBlue likes this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

A little bit of bad news at this moment since I'm afraid the proper testing might see a bit of delay. I set up the machine yesterday and noticed that the needed longer main support pieces were missing.

I expect that Tennisman is on a mission right now trying to get the parts as soon as possible.

Anyway, here are some first impressions:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and the machine directly came with matching Chudek side supports. Is that great or what?

20. phanlinhkhuong

Badminton Shop Owner
    Agree. Right now badminton frame is fit

Attached Files: