Brave Sword 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jayssen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sherwingotmail

sherwingotmail Regular Member

thanks for the input ucantseeme :D
    so you think js10 is a bs10 improvement or updated ?

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hmmmm, hard to tell. My recovery after each shot is better, my defence is better, my smash is also better, but these impressions are based on my abilities. I wouldn't call it an update, because the rackets are a bit different. If I change from JS10 to my BS10, which rarely happens, I feel that the BS10 slows me a bit down not by much, but it was a different timing. IMO the JS10 is faster, great for anything flat and fast and I can get smash angles which are awesome.

What really sucked was the pattern of the BS10. 72 holes rackets are prone to get grooves at the shared holes area at freaky high tensions. On the other side, the JS10 seems to be a bit more fragile and got slightly notched holes after the 3rd restring, but I go for 31 lbs atm. At tamer tensions it shouldn't be an issue. I recommend the YY grommet strips and U grommets. The paint job of the JS10 isn't studier compared to the BS10. You know the gold flakes of the BS10 coming off easily, right? The offset holes of the JS10 are a bless and a curse. Looks cheap, but will have little advantages at the top.

At the end of the day, everything depends on the price. If I would be able to get 3 BS10 for 2 JS10, the BS10 is the better choice. This time I would go for the 3/4 instead of the 3/5 version because I'm getting older. The BS10 was discontinued in Europe, so I need a year to find a good replacement and find anything in the JS10. To make it easy here my rating:

Price: BS10 >> JS10
    Defence: JS10 < BS10
    Attack: JS10 >= BS10 (depends on the player)
    Fast pace: JS10 > BS10
    Pattern: JS10 > BS10
    Durability: BS10 > JS10

IMO the JS10 is the better racket, but the price and durabilty are not that great.

3. sherwingotmail

sherwingotmail Regular Member

thanks john cena este ucanseeme
    your efforts make my mind cleared up
    morebpowers