BWF Miscellaneous Tournaments in 2019

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by minions, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That may well be the case.

2. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Yes you are absolutly right. I am afraid if you are not good enough you don't deserve to win. Zhang Yiman for example. She only wins points from her opponents mistakes. She has no clue how to kill the shuttle unless its a sitter. She knows how to place shuttles all over the court and thats it.
    As for the XD boththe Juniors cannot kill the shuttle . Even after winning the first set they didn't know how to finish it. However the Hong Kong pair were very good and deserved the title.
    As for the WD LXX again only knows how to return the shuttle. Afraid they need to go back to the drawing board. I am afraid Chinas WD do not have powerful smashes. How do you create or score points without that weapon.
    Look at the Taiwanese MD. Their attack is so lethal that they score points at ease and the opposition is afraid to lift and don't know what to do.
    Only my 2 cents worth as usual.

3. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Guo Xinwa is the worst played like a woman, his smashes so weak his defence is weaker.

4. antssantss

Retired
    Yes agreed. The CBA should drop all those whose smashes do not exceed a certain speed. Otherwise its a waste of time. Look at the malaysians, they always have very strong attacking players. And you get a new pair every so often.

5. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

One can always work on one's smashes cept Zhang Nan :)
    Btw Lu Kai used to be a big smasher but these days his smashes so weak.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Their juniors/back-ups are average, outstanding talents shortage.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, from that you can tell, esp in the 'offending G3', the so-called unhappy linecalls were not clear-cut and they occurred prior to 17-all where WHY was well in the lead (so, what's the rationale ?). And what's more convincing is that at 17-all, WHY won the next four points decisively, 3 of the 4 shots were scored around the center court area, no linecall needed, and the 4th point was scored when LS returned his shot into the net.

In conclusion, Weng Hongyang beat Lakshya Sen fair and square, LS was well and truly beaten. I look forward to seeing WHY play in future , his playing style is entertaining to watch, an exciting prospect.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good to see Ren Pengbo's name still in the draw for the Orleans Masters starting tomorrow, albeit in the qualification stage. I assumed his injury wasn't serious then.

Surprisingly, there is no CHN WS in the lineup. CHN MS Sun Feixiang is in the main draw.

9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Hawk eye would have solved the case. I'm not saying it was clearly out but it seemed like out when I watched it for the first time. And those were two line calls , so there will be conflict of interest. I have given credit to WHY for winning four consecutive points at 17 all to win the match. But what if these line calls were against WHY in India ? And LS would have won in his own country against WHY. Would you still have said the same ?

Yesterday in match between SYQ and BSP, there was a gross misjudgement by Chair umpire and Linesman. SYQ lost the point at that time. I clearly stated that it was OUT. BSP was lucky at that time. You also felt quite annoyed by that line call which is natural. But, Sir you didn't have same opinion in WTF 2018 SF match between SYQ and SV where Sameer had match point, I guess and then SYQ's racquet had clearly crossed the net. The point was given to SYQ and then SYQ did well to capitalise on third game and won the match. At that time you said it was unclear that racquet had crossed the net and brushed aside by saying that's life.

Sir , don't take this personally. I thought I should ask these things to you.

10. antssantss

Retired
    But no Li Shifeng. His name is listed but he doesnt have an opponent.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nothing personal, just exchanging opinions. Refer to my post #319 on BWF World tour regulations on technical officials requirements.

For that match between WHY and LS, we're not even sure where the umpire, service judge and the linejudges were from. Even then, I believe two disputed or unhappy linecalls before 17-all when WHY was leading most of the way shouldn't change the course of the match, and, like I insinuated, what's the rationale for the linejudges to favour WHY when he was already clearly in the lead, and that in the semifinal of a relatively unimportant event. Also I believe , if any linecall was really bad, the umpire would feel compelled to intervene as was the case oftentimes in the absence of IRS.

And,I repeat, at 17-all, WHY won the next four points on the trot decisively without an iota of doubt, not to mention what happened in G1, a one-sided game to WHY's advantage.

The problem is, for the WTS100 event, there's no Hawk-Eye IRS even for the semifinals and final stage unlike for the WTS300 event, such as the Swiss Open, thus unavoidably giving rise to such incidents, both for the players concerned and the fans, benefiting nobody, neither the host nation nor foreign participants, wherever the venue.

Whatever, I hope the Lingsui Masters is upgraded to WTS300 next year so that at least we get IRS for the semis and final stage. Enough said.

#331 Justin L, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Shifeng, which tournament , may I ask ? I don't see his name anywhere.

13. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Absolutely. I've said that WHY deserves all the credit in 17-17 to take four points consecutively to win the match . I mentioned that maybe line calls were not right like host nations may support their home players (talking about every country) like one infamous case. That match between LD and LHI in Korea Super Series where line calls were against LD. That's just my opinion. I too hope that Hawk eye becomes available in all courts in all level tournaments some day as you've mentioned in your earlier post.

14. antssantss

Retired
    Orleans masters. He was in the acceptance list. They all move over to Poland after that.

15. antssantss

Retired
    Li Shifeng is playing in the qualifications today. Great.

Justin L likes this.
  16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Anyone going to SingaporeOpen? Im thinking seats 208-215.

I hope LCW and LD plays there.

#336 Yoji, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sudirman Cup Draw is out: Group D is the "group of death" with China India and Malaysia.

A Japan Thailand Russia
    B Indonesia Denmark England
    C Taipei Korea HongKong
    D China India Malaysia

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I always think IND can beat anyone. On their day , SK/ PSV/ ShettyR can beat anyone.

Its just that its not exciting that the top 2 can progress, they should just speed it up and change it to GroupWinners that qualify Because there are only 3 teams ( 4 teams in a group will be different story)

In this case, India wouldnt try too hard which reduces the value of the GroupMatches.

badmuse likes this.
  19. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

It seems there is a lot of good youngsters at Orleans this week.

Though never seen Ren pengbo play but I feel this is not a good draw for Merkle, in first qualifications round...

20. Zaphod

Zaphod Regular Member

It seems there is a lot of good youngsters at Orleans this week.

Though never seen Ren pengbo play but I feel this is not a good draw for Merkle, in first qualifications round...