Can you compare these rackets ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Father Parrot, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

I have the 88s-chose 4u- and right now I'm interested in the :

1)Auraspeed 90k - HH and stiff but I've read on the forums that it's a bit like the arc where it's slightly HH but stiff (3U would be the choice )

2)Li ning TC75- "Even balance" but I heard it's slightly HH and but flexible (3u) -heard a lot of positives about this one

3)Li ning TC75C- just a stiffer version and a bit more HH(3u)

4)Li ning 3D Caliber 800- Even balance and flex =???? (3u)

5Li ning caliber 900- stiff and HH -(4u)

6)Li ning Aeronaut 7000-Stiff and HH- (4u)

I wish to hear what I can gain from each racket and what I can lose from your own experiences or insights i.e if I listed a bs12 I'd expect a faster swing speed, better drives ; maneuverability yet a greater loss in smash power at the rear court.

Also I know the caliber 900 and aeronaut 7000 have different frames but wth do they do differently?? I don't mind compromising on the defence, net, drives or anything like that. What I do desire though is more power from the rear court.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

How about technique? Massive power with bad technique resulting weak stroke. An OK power with good technique able to generate strong punch.

Each racket headheavy or headlight, 4U-3U all have the opportunity for power shot. Heavier racket benefit from weight momentum & lighter racket benefit from faster swing.

Switching to heavier racket might suit you if you unable to generate more speed from your 88S to compensate the weight momentum. But if the technique itself is not right then it wont solve a thing.

About the racket, why dont you look for its sibling 88D?
    TC75 is the new N9ii, you can search topic about it.

3. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

You're absolutely right, my technique is good at the moment but as always with most things it could improve. I just kinda want to get a second racket to play with and to try something new. I think I was overthinking about how much the specs could've made a difference and you're right, with a good enough technique you can still play powerful shots , granted some specs will be more suited than others but it's doable. The 88D is a great racket but I'm kind of being silly as I just want to try out a new make -victor or li ning- to see the differences in the brand.

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Just another friendly advice, dont go far to extreme from the racket spec you own right now as it might overwhelm you.

An example from my friend. His racket before is Victor BS12, not long ago he look for another racket (kinda like you just want another spare racket & try thing to) & choose 3U Lining N90iv. He choose it coz he feel lack of power in his smash, so he seek for thing like mine a heavy hammer racket. From fast light racket to hammer racket. Few games he play, he is being slayed by me & hardly able to counter me at all. His response slow & his stroke didnt improve at all & even weaker.
    At the end of game, i ask him to do stroke exchange with me (no games & just hitting the shuttle). I feed him many times with easy smash shuttle. Yes his smash improve, & few of his smash is quite powerfull. I told him, on this shuttle exchange you have a big window for smash preparation which is easy for you to perform it but on actual games you dont have the luxury of those big window & with those heavy racket your movement will be slowed alot if you not used to it.

Then he ask how come im able to use 3U Head heavy racket. I could only say, i guest im a Hulk type & you are The Flash type. My arm strong but not quite agile or fast. So heavier racket good for me as the weight momentum compensate my lack of swing speed. Other people have different physical attribute so cant compare me with other.

So with that i guest it can be good example for you to be carefull on your choice. ;)

Swat likes this.