CARLTON VAPOUR TRAIL

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shreyas666, Nov 20, 2017.

1. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    i am a fan of head heavy and stiff rackets.
    previous racket was zf2 which i gave away for 4u vt80etune. i am very satisfied with it. another racket in my arsenalis victor thruster k8000.
    the racket which i wanted was carlton vapour trail tour and vapour trail elite. both of them were zf types stiff and head heavy. we cant find a 3u zf2 in india or any of head heavy 3u racket in india. i am staying away from all the victors for now, indian consignment too is having QC issues.

what caught my eye was vapur trail 10.1 which is going under a very high discount and is available for less than 80USD here.
    is it one the same stiffness line, same head heaviness? same play under stiffness?
    any user review would be helpful.

2. blablabla21

blablabla21 Regular Member

Don’t know anything about the specs on vapor trail 10.1. But I have used Vapor trail elite (gold and black version) and Fireblade Elite.

The VTE is a 2U stiff racket. Thick shaft. I have to say it is takes a strong man to wield this racket. For me the feel is good but it is just a little too heavy and stiff. But again I don’t know the specs of 10.1. It could be completely different.

The fireblade elite, on the other hand, is a fantastic racket. On the heavy side of 4U, even balance, aero frame.

Sorry I couldn’t give you more info. For Me Carlton is a good brand, you just need to watch out on which one you choose.

#2 blablabla21, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. 1980bunge

1980bunge Regular Member

I too can't give you any information on the 10.1 racket. But I do disagree with the previous comments on the VT elite. It's a great racket, it is very stiff racket and weighs about 90-93grams. But it is powerful and reasonably quick.
    I would recommend it to anyone.

4. shreyas666

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The Vapour Trail Tour is not head heavy and and a wet noodle. More flex than a BS12. The VTE is a heavy and stiff monster, but the Tour which I tried a few years ago (silver shiny) was an even and damn flexible racket.

6. ashras99

ashras99 New Member

7. shreyas666

doesnt say anything about the stiffness of the racket. my concern is exactly about the stiffness which will affect my playability