Categories by Countries Not Good Idea

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by narnia, Dec 20, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I noticed..

..kwun did a minor facelift to the Professional Players section.
    For direct access, there are now sub-links to each respected sub-divisions in that section.
    Let's see how that pans out and if those not accustomed to seeing the new format have changed their mind.:cool:
    Hmm, i wonder if a poll will be up soon??..

#61 ctjcad, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So..

..it's been over 2 weeks, actually 3 weeks already.
    Have we all been accustomed to the new look Professional Players section format??
    Or
    Are narnia & eaglehelang still itching to go back to the old format??..
    Will there be a poll set up soon??

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I'm not still comfortable with the "categorization by countries." Sorry for it.

I cannot understand why the international online forum site should again raise the walls among the countries. I prefer to see all the news from every country mixed up. Why do we have to clearly cut the lines? We are all the same badminton fans even from different countries. I don't like to just cheer for my countries even though actually I can only put in the news from my home country.

At the same time, as limsy said, I like to respect the countries with less badminton news; I think we can have more complementary type of display.

We have time for the discussion. No rush.

:)

#63 narnia, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there goes again

the same old story is
    1st)visitor have no search function
    they cant search what they want
    and this reason can cause the next 5 or 10 reason:p
    u should know if u read my previous post:)

2nd,is that so hard to have one or two more click to read what u want to read?:psound like we need to walk 5 km before we can read it:p:D

5. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    we are not raising walls to divide anyone.
    take a look in the Places to play / Clubs / Local events section. we are trying to enhance or make BC more proper layout. jumbling everything in a section to justify that we are not separate out the world is not a good idea.
    is it many equipment in our daily badminton playing session? as time goes on, there are many to talk/discuss about. therefore we are separating out bag, racket, broken racket, identify fake racket, stringing machine, grip and etc...

6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I understand that point and I also totally agree that those contents should be displayed like that. However, I am trying to talk about "cultural issue" of the specific category - Professional Players. So, please understand my posting in this sense.

To make it short, I advocate "international melting pot" in discussing about the badminton players. Not like any other equipment or tournament categories, I think this category plays somewhat different and crucial role in the forum. In a sense, the categorization by countries looks neat and fine. However, I guess that, in this current display, the ordinary members (except a limited number of manias) from a specific country more likely go to his or her own country's category because the other news from other countries are not easily exposed to their sight. It's all about visibility issues like in advertisement. One or two clicks are big and actually make differences in online activities. For the actual behavior of the members the administrators may study and analyze.

At least, in the previous formation when all the news from all other countries were exposed altogether, members can see the news from all the countries "in a single sight", so that they can more easily notice the hot news from all over the world and tend to click the news to know what's happening in other countries even though the players were not from his or her own country. But now, due to the convenience or classification purpose, I have a concern that we might lose the good spirit and culture which was melted in there.

Yeah, this might be a small thing in a technical sense. But I like to mention the spirit or culture of the forum.

:)

#66 narnia, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  7. headphones

headphones Regular Member

I won't make any mention of whether I'm for or against this idea of an "international melting pot", but I have a suggestion to make navigation a little easier given the current format.

As mentioned before, I noticed that the Admin placed links to the subforums on the main page, so that a user doesn't have to first enter the "Professional Players" section before reaching the subsection. This was a very good and practical idea.

Is it then possible to add these same links *within* the subsections? So, say, I am browsing the Malaysian Players subforum, I can click on a link near the top that will take me directly to the Korean Players subforum. This may help alleviate the issue have having to "click many times just to get to another subsection".

Thoughts?