Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Changeing racket for the first time in 15+ years

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Daniel Jerløw, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Daniel Jerløw

Daniel Jerløw New Member

Hello BC, im a new member of the community, but been lurking alot on and off.

I Currently returned to the court, and my joy/mojo is back, I feel faster, stronger and more excited everytime I make my way to the court.
    Currently Im only interested in doubles, because of my old highschool friend invited me to start in a new local club with him. I will never be a singles player, since by sould, im a teamplayer.

I play with my trusty old Forza titanium tech 14000 SQ, its so old that i cant even find a picture of it anywhere on google :) (If you can find it, let me know). I always thought why change racket when the one i have works? (Minimalist mindset)

But now i feel its time to change for the better. It dose'nt have to be a high end all military grade, rocket science racket, wiht gold accents, but a good one for my doubles play.

Im a defensive player, with (as my teammates says) fast reactions, and good overall awareness of the opponent in game. But i would go for a jump smash on the occasional, when the pace / game allows / calls for it :).

As it is sooooo long since i looked into this stuff, i would I appreciate some guidance, from you fellows. Wonder if someone could recommend a racket to compliment my

I would describe my standard as Intermediate.
    I play twice/three times per week in mens doubles / mens doubles league.
    I need a go to racket (possible 2 of the same for backup).*
    I read alot about the BS12, yonex 88D/S, yonex 77, Li-ning n series, Arc11 etc.
    As of now i play with towel grip (Yonex ACC-00200), but it is for my tasting not fluffy enough, so i will either change to overgrips again (Karakal) or yonex.

Btw, after reading this i sound like im 60, LOL. Im in my mid twenties ;-)

I hope theres someone that could give a hint.

Thanks in Advance.

Daniel, Denmark

2. Carbonlist

Carbonlist Regular Member

Student
    You can't go wrong with the astrox 88D for doubles play. It's like a more forgiving z-force 2.

Daniel Jerløw likes this.
  3. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    I think victor jetspeed 12 would be a great option for your usage

4. Hickton

Hickton Member

I haven't tried Astrox but play with Jetspeed 12 and it is a very good racket, for me anyway. Good balance, quick (obviously) but can still deliver power.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Here's what I would do: Try as many rackets as possible from friends and club mates and see which one feels good and which one doesn't. Then either you directly go with one of those or at least this should give you (and us) a feel in which direction to look at. Cause honestly, there are so many great rackets out there that still all play and feel differently, that in the end it all comes down to your personal feel which one is the right one for you. There is a saying which has come up In numerous of these threads and still sums it up perfectly (credits to JK Rowling...): "The racket chooses you!"

Good candidates to start your tryouts with would be Arc11, BS12, JS12, JS10, AX77 or 88S/D, N9II or N7II and maybe ZF2 to cover a huge range of available specs. And chances are high that you will find a lot of them somewhere hidden in the bag.

6. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    No duora 8xp recommendation?
    Please try that. It is durable af and fast.

7. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

My experience with bs12, n9ii, arc11,

Bs12 faster but less power
    N9ii more power but less speed
    Arc11 sits right in the middle

Cant go wrong with that three and all depends on what you want from a racket, if you can try em first, like s_mair said "the racket chooses you"