Cheapest place to string in Richmond?

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by eddiemon, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I'm trying to remap one of my keys on my keyboard. Somehow the change worked for a few weeks but it's broken again. Anyone have any pointers?

Here's the situation. I'm using Fedora 8.

I have an .Xmodmap file containing:
    keycode 94 = Shift_L
    Add Shift = Shift_L
    keycode 113 = Alt_L

The .Xmodmap file has not changed since it worked. I've rebooted and turned off the system many times and the changes worked. Keycode 94 as a shift key still works but 113 doesn't work as an alt key anymore. I've used xev and pressing the 113 key does return "keycode 113 and Alt_L".

Bringing it to Tad's isn't an option but I they aren't an authorized dealer for this.
    Puzzled.

2. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    Ah_shum: your "pink whoop action" is with Optiblue. Not me. Really should get it right before you start replying. Still doesn't answer my question as you were Nascar quick to change topics. You only got as far as the "if" word.

Ah_Shum: what do you want me to say in your face anyways? I really don't care the least bit about you. You're not one of the bosses there and you're not in a position to make decisions for the store either. You're just there working. I just tell people to ask for Gary and Hugo. I even did you the courtesy by excluding your name in my initial post (go back and read it). And if I was the type that likes hiding behind a computer, then I would not have been the same person who made it a point to talk to Gary about the problems IN PERSON either.

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Sorry what were you trying to say?

As for Fedora 8, my co-worker could have the answer since he's experienced in various versions of Linux.

#63 Matt, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  4. 2-YOTA

2-YOTA Regular Member

To keep my rackets away from the 12 minute NASCAR
    In my original post, I mentioned it was non-warranty also! It doesn't stand to reason that if they were not at fault, why would a new replacement racket be offered. I was pretty clear in outlining the discussion I had with Gary. If you brought back a brand new unique racket from Asia only to have it damaged (structure or cosmetic) by a careless stringer, how would YOU feel Matt? You know it can't be replaced without affording another trip to Asia (or in your case, mail order).

Honestly, we can't tell the extent of the damage under the paint. What if the frame fails in the near future? I'm glad Tad's is making good use of the racket as a demo. I'd do the same thing as he can't warranty it. Why waste it ... just let people play it till it breaks. It doesn't change the fact that I no longer own this racket.

Or tell me about your high altitude air molecule theory Matt. Did the fact that I had it with me on the plane coming back from Asia somehow damaged the frame due to the high altitude flying ... so the paint easily caved in and gave way due to the damaged structure?

5. MSN04

MSN04 Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes... that's the reason for me wanting to cut into this conversation. The dude is asking for a reliable place (also with reasonable pricing) to string the racket, and I think all stringer @ Tad's are reliable. Most of the time, I even prefer Ah_Shum to string my racket rather than Hugo. I actually wait for shum to go to work or ask Hugo to give it to shum. And, i know some other people doing the same.

Hmm... ever wonder why Tad's would keep ah_shum if he is such a bad stringer as you have claimed?

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    He did it to keep you a happy customer. As for rackets, I have spares of the same racket on stand-by. As for the cosmetics, I would not worry about it to be honest because, what about if the owner of the racket gets it dinged, chipped or scatched during use? Then what? Now if it broke due to stringer error I would definately say something, unless the racket broke due to a defect. Breakage would not count if it was done by the owner (as in collsions which would of damaged the structure internally).

According to Gary, you have same racket which is in red instead. The frame is not damaged, the paint is just lifted.

Now as in damage on a plane for a racket - the answer and has happened before. This is one of the reason why the racket should not have a string when it goes on the plane. This also depends if the racket was properly protected. The manufacuter will not honor their warrenty the racket does get damaged on the plane with the string on it.
    -------------------

By the way, Ah_Shum has more role than being just a worker for Tad's, or than what is appears to be anyways.

#66 Matt, Sep 9, 2008
  7. MSN04

MSN04 Regular Member

Engineer
    I dunno about cheap personalities... but start bashing people as stupid stringer, bad stringer, or whatever for 1 incident. I doubt the personality can be classified as "good", "high" or whatever u want to call it. Remember, people do make mistake at work. Or you are perfect at work and never make any mistake?

Oh, and that is a wrong assumption. I do get him to string my rackets and I think he is a good stringer and that is the reason I defend him. So, were you just helping your friend to offend someone, or you too have bad experience with his stringing???

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I have to agree with MSN04 on that. You need to watch out what you say.

There was a incident on court where a person was being cocky and bashing Ah_Shum. The person backed off after realizing that Ah_Shum was going to take him him ouside. Good thing this person did because he already lost to Ah_Shum on the court, and going outside, he would not stand a chance.

#68 Matt, Sep 9, 2008
  9. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I wonder if Tad's carries these panda bear dolls.
    If so, how much and is there a volume discount?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.